hi, i heard you guys like my work.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's okay

Not really.

Lovecraft was a non fiction writer.

Sub-par... at best.

So sub par, he wrote a story imitating his style.

I like Lovecraft, but I recall something about Borges saying Lovecraft was a bad writer and a parody of Poe.

If I dont' remember wrong, he said he was an unintentional parodist of Poe, but in the same essay he said he still couldn't help himself and felt the need to write something in his style. That's a bigger form of flattery than any criticisms he had for him (which were valid and the same ones everybody has about him).

Ah. Must have remembered wrong. Thank you, user.

This Bogies dude doesn't sound very well-read.

He was always pretty snobby in his opinions, and liked to talk trash of other writers just for shit and giggles. I think that the fact that he decided to homage Lovecraft by writing a story in his style, tells me that he did appreciate him in some way, and it was included in the book Borges himself considered as his best.

In case you guys haven't heard Lovecraft and Kafka are biggest new meme over on /tv/

/tv/ memes are anything but

Yes, and it was better.

Hi Mr. Lovecraft, I'm black.

I wish I could find a source to confirm it, but I remember reading a post at the Thomas Ligotti forums some time ago about a Borges biography that mentions Borges, after his blindness, would have caretakers read Lovecraft to him and he would stop them to "argue" with Lovecraft over his writings.

I'm interested in this if anyone can find it.

But wasn't he a racist? I heard he had a cat named Nigger Man. No thanks!

A sub-promethean beast man, without manners or speech which gives any suggestion of cultivation or grandeur? Does your nose flatten like those of the tribes of Gan-do-bee, as so well researched by the noted scholar John Mark Littleman in his work "Nigger Societies of the Blackest Africa"?

My favourite writer.

Yes sir, please ignore the contrarian niggers ITT though. They trigger easily.

The only fiction I really enjoy. Other than him, I much prefer to read history.

Lovecraft biography here:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539/

this

It was satire. (The cat was white.)

Oh, was this satire?

He used the word nigger to differentiate it from his use of the word negro in other stories. When he used the word negro, he's actually referring to greasy Italians. He reserves nigger for actual black people.

Woah, really makes you think

This is unbearable racism.

he lived a pretty fucking sad life

he died alone in constant pain, poverty, and was never famous and hardly even popular

This is probably correct.

I've read Lovecraft's complete stories and outside of the cat Niggerman and the poem that always gets posted, he never uses the word nigger. It might be in his letters, but it sure isn't in his stories.
Who started this retarded meme?

If anything, he rants more about how he hates all the greasy Brazilian immigrants coming into Providence.

At least in Call Of Cthulhu and in Reanimator, the word 'nigger' is used. Did you read some censored versions of his stories perhaps? Didn't actually know that those exist.

Yeah I enjoy it beyond description

Lovecraft is on the record for being kind to black people in person. He met an educated black fan once and didnt look down upon him.
I think he was just a proto-keyboard warrior

In one letter to his aunt he writes that is not befitting of an aristocratic person to allow their hatred to dictate their actions or words in person. That, and his admitted physical weakness and nervous disposition, prevented him from wearing a sandwich board in public reading "I Hate Niggers"

oh fugg

Borges... easy on the fedora tipping

Imagine Lovecraft teleported into modern day Baltimore.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER OOGA BOOGA BOXER MAN

He was a huge beta. He'd fit right in on Veeky Forums. Some of his stories are enjoyable, some are really poor. My favorite is "The Picture in the House".

If Lovecraft was around today he'd write the best stories of his career.

Not really. Any civilized person isn't going to shout down a negro just because they see one in public, and at the same time, any sane person will think that mixing the races together in some happy multicultural experiment is about as bat-shit insane as it gets.

I think I read about his letter later on in his life. Apparently he became more open minded and accepting before he died. He even got some pussy.

>there is hope.

Early on hes highly racist and in a later book apologieses tbqh

Get the fuck out of here.

You heard wrong.

Actually the opposite true, and you'd know that yif you weren't a teenage pleb trying to fit in.

Most HLP scholars split his work into pre-NY and post-leaving-NY, the latter of which is markedly racist.

TRVE

I took leave of my father's decrepit farmhouse in my modest Guatemalan automobile, making reasonable pace across a landscape bereft of anything resembling what I had come to know as modernity. I eventually reached the general store, a flimsy wooden structure that emitted a dark cloud of smoke from a narrow chimney. Two locals sat outside in the midday sun, accomplishing nothing and seemingly content in their doing so. Their bestial stupidity, likely the result of generations of inbreeding and race-mixing, was apparent in both their appearance and vocabulary.

My eyes were immediately drawn towards the words emblazoned above the door. These words perplexed me in such a manner that defy ordinary description. I shall not repeat them here, for I fear that anyone who stumbles upon this tome will meet the same fate as I should they read them.

I have not slept in weeks, as I have tried in increasing desperation to decipher the true meaning of that inscription. I fear that it is pointless. The fate of this city slicker is sealed.

Nu-Simpsons is so fucking lazy with their celebrity designs

>Even in his goofy little poem about niggers, Lovecraft can't keep away from writing about man's relation to the cosmos

Kek did you make this up or is this actually something he said