Things that don't deserve their own thread

Post everything that does not fit in other topics.
-Recommendations
-Questions
-shit posts

Can anyone recommend me comfy irish or ireland related literature? I will be visiting friends over there and i would like to pass the time on the flight and on the airport with some related literature.

the collision of the white race and jewish interests

Are 12 books/year enough?

dubliners or portrait

Depending on what kind of books you read and what your goals are. I have lots of Uni stuff to do, i would be totally okay with 12 books a year. If you could read far more books by playing less video games, then no its not enough.

>>>twitter.com

Is Dubliners an easy read or does it take lots of focus to get that book through? I'm not so sure if Joyce is what i am looking for while reading at an busy airport.

I have a busy day, but maybe I'll upgrade to 24 books. 1 textbook and 1 novel a month

Semi-related, does anyone know any good actually Irish literature? Not that gay English shit.

It really isn't about the amount. If you read the russian classics you might need 3 months to get through a singe book since some are 1600 pages+. Better take your time and read fewer books and get the most out of them, rather than rushing through them to get your book count up.

is Wordsworth's Chapman's Homer + Iliad good combo+

I'm looking for a good textbook (or other resource) on formal logic. Any recommendations?

It starts off easy, but it gets tougher as you go on. It never gets as incoherent as his later stuff, though.

I should say it doesn't get incoherent at all. It can get a little dry at times though.

>It can get a little dry at times though.
This DESU

No. The clever Irish people realised that forcing them to adopt the English language was a great favour from the English and also realised that all in all 800 years of oppression was preferable to being left alone to fight over cattle in their mud huts.

>believing anglo propaganda

Looking for some goof lit fiction by an English author. Feel like I've read nothing but American authors recently.

ffs, meant good*

Tristram Shandy

Can someone suggest a work to start with of Aristotle and Plato? Or which edition of Homer's Odyssey is most accurate these days? Really anything ancient Greek related, I guess.

I need to get rid of some old photographs. I found them a few days ago after thoroughly cleaning my apartment. Luckily, I have been unaware of their existence for the last 5+ years, but now that they are present again I am furious, burning on the inside. The mere fact that they exist saps me from performing the most basic daily tasks, I think of them all the time and I am incredibly angry. I have to get rid of them but cutting and binning isn't an option - they must vanish. I thought of burning them. Is that dangerous?

Tl;dr I want to burn some old photos with my lighter but I am not sure if it is dangerous (also considered burning them on a frying pan but that might be even worse, I don't know)

Is this a meme that I'm not getting?

How does it feel to not just be able to go outside and start a fire, citycuck?

It is a genuine question. I am under too much stress, can't even fall asleep even though I am exhausted. I will just ask /diy/ or Veeky Forums instead.

Sorry, it looked like a copypasta. Go out and burn them over an ashtray.

Any tips for someone beginning to write? I've written a concept down, and outlined it a bit, but I'm not sure if there's any other structural steps I should take.

Take the outline and start fleshing it out. Go more and more detailed until you've outlined each individual paragraph, dialogue tag, etc. Once you've done that, finish things out by converting it to prose.

What's the best translation for Les Miserables?

Signet Classics is really good. Unabridged too.

Which are over 1600 pages long? The longest I can find is War and Peace and it's 1400

Recommend me something short to read i don't have a lot of brain power.

>Plato
euthyphro/apology/critical/phaedo (sometimes called the last days of Socrates or something)
>Aristotle
Nicomachean Ethics, or if you're down to jump right into the autism then Categories
>Homer
Lattimore for accuracy, Fitzgerald for poetry

Also I strongly recommend reading Aescylus' Oresteia after the Odyssey and Iliad, and also the Landmark Herodotus.

Songs of Innocence and Experience

Chess story

What are some good books on "the cycle of civilisations" ie. how civilisation/society rises and falls. Something like spergler's decline of the west.

Is Oresteia the play that Plato blamed for Socrates' arrest?

You may be thinking of The Clouds by Aristophanes which made fun of them. The Oresteia has continuity with the return from the Trojan war so it fits in nicely after reading Homer.

Yes, that was it. Thank you!

I remember one of you had a really clever allegory as to why translations are bad. Please share your favourites or those of yr favourite writers.

Could I get recommendations for depressing poetry?
I've been reading rimbaud, baudelaire and dickinson obsessively the last few weeks since the shit hit the fan and i've been in a whirlwind of extreme emotions, any recs?
Is sylvia plath worth reading?

Plath is good, especially when you read her alongside Hughes.

Yes, Chapman is the best imo and according to a few other prominent poets.

Is Portrait of the Artist as boring as Dubliners? Not to say I didn't enjoy Dubliners but let's be real

Best English version of James Joyce's Ulysses? I've heard somehow some English releases have altered the original text.

Best English translations of Nietzsche? Someone suggested Kaufman to me.

Best Collected/Complete book/or series for Descartes?