Philosophy books to keep me from becoming an hero

Why live, guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/islifeworthlivin00jameuoft.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls an hero

one fewer shitposter

Eckhart Tolle books

I'm personally always looking for books that makes me feel like shit and depressed.. im drawn to those books.. like everything thats sad. Guess that my way of coping with saddnes.

Kinda seems like a charlatan a little... no offense.

You just need to find something that makes life worthwhile. An afterlife, the passion of art, finding happiness etc.

I read and write and lift and am married and shit but I just have a really hard time dealing with existence. Like, by all accounts I should be content but I'm not.

Why donĀ“t you want to become a hero?

Crime and punishment.

You know what to do

Coward

myth of sisyphus

>an hero

What did he mean by this?

It's a 9gag meme

Existentialists bum me out more than not reading. "Dude just be happy lmao" how is that supposed to help?

Why wouldn't you want to be a hero? Rise above the rest

If you have depression books will not help you

What will?

A bullet in the head

Lifestyle changes, therapy possibly medication.

After that thats when books comee into play

The Myth of Sisyphus
Being in Time
Fear and Trembling
Ride the TIger

All those combined

Says you

do you have any substance dependencies or any imbalances?

Seconding the other user, if you're seriously considering suicide books aren't going to give the substantial changes in your life that you need to overcome them. Try to find a therapist, take at least four sessions with them before giving up. Do you have a set schedule for your week? Are there people in your life that you're reaching out to?

>Now i am happy because i have social interactions, put my penis inside a vagina every once in a while and started feeling usefull to society by doing irrelevant shit
Amazing woaw great job mind = blow

sorry buddy what you've got is permanent

He never really addresses the issue of suicide directly but Hume can do wonders for clearing up the old noggin. Read enquiry to Human understanding and the enquiry into human nature. They're not very long and he doesn't require or introduce any technical language, although his style might be difficult to grasp at first for some.

Camus is also a good shout. For suicidal feelings it's always the stuff that helps you feel the least like an irrational freak that works best and helps you start mapping your issues.

No I'm pretty stable in that regard. I've tried going to a therapist went to probably 8ish sessions but I don't think she really understood what I was trying to tell her. I tried explaining some of the reasons I was despairing (existential shit) but she didn't offer any solutions. I have people I can talk to about this stuff and it doesn't help. I don't need to blow money so somebody with a degree can not help either.

Does this 'dread' manifest itself physiologically in any way?

How seriously are you actually considering suicide? Are you playing some kind of game with yourself and your self concept? Ask yourself if you're playing some kind of maneuver to get around facing something. Think about what really drives these thoughts, as a thinking feeling human. Specifically ask yourself where the fears really begin. Be honest now. I'm not judging.

Physiologically, I don't think so. I don't know that I would ever really do it because it would destroy my wife and I still hold some hope of being okay in the future. When it's worst is thinking about decades of self-loathing and meaninglessness in front of me, being unable to change I guess. I don't know if I can slog through life for that long.

Hello, newfriend.

I'm not gonna ask you to expound on it any further on this site but you might wanna take yourself away and get to the bottom of that self loathing. You'll need to really persist and be brutally honest.

You might wanna or probably already have considered that you lack meaning because you loathe yourself. A feeling of being unable to change would certainly slaughter any chance of meaning.

Go back to therapy and focus less perhaps on your existential gripes and more on making yourself capable of loving and changing yourself.

Mitchell Heisman- Suicide Note

The Importance of Living by Lin Yutang helped me. It's filled with old Chinese wisdom to help you relax, slow down, and enjoy life's simple pleasures.

I was depressed and I turned to philosophy (and drugs)

didn't help at all, pretty sure the philosophy just made it worse

for me, depression just took my life for like 7 years and then slowly lifted. not sure why

so basically hang on for the ride I guess, I can offer you no reason why you should.

I'm reading Emerson's essays at the moment. Not really a feels dont kys novel or shit like that, but they really change my perspective and bring things to focus for me. Highly recommand.

Walden, and Epictetus' Discourses.

Seneca's writings are more popular, but he's a total sellout cunt who never really got it.

>why live
Read this by William James: archive.org/details/islifeworthlivin00jameuoft. It helped me through a difficult time, though I don't have an answer to your question.

>control f "ego"
>zero results

Thanks, fellas. I was mostly expecting a bunch of "do it faggot"s but I may check some of this out. Maybe Veeky Forumss not too bad after all.

You are welcome. Veeky Forums is not mono/lit/hic obviously so you will have your pockets of good helpful information here and there after all.