youtu.be/78HJQmfmHic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo
youtube.com/watch?v=RNOa5L-b-cw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I pooped on my but
Matarbate

Here is the attention you wanted.

No way am I devoting 33 minutes and 37 seconds of my life to a grown man who calls himself "Coach Red Pill"

Thinly veiled Hibernophobia

Veeky Forums will hate this but he is absolutely right. You will realize this when you get older

>Coach Red Pill
XDDDDD

>"you-lees-us"
opinion discarded

fuck this fat fucking middle aged no life

As far as I'm concerned his videos with Jim are the only things he has worth watching.

>looking wistfully out of a window
>that stupid modern art

psued kino?

What the fuck is this?

>the guy's channe includes videos titled WHY TRUMP WILL RESIGN, WOMEN ARE LIKE DOGS, DON'T FUCK CRAZY CHICKS, and TO FAP OR NOFAP?
what in literal fuck xD is this some reverse trolling meant to align nicely with the fact that lots of brainlets on Veeky Forums actually care about nofap, the red pill and Trump?

what an incredible faggot

Thanks Coach Red Pill

Does anyone have a link to that video of a pretentious guy reading Ulysses while he gets his hair cut and he gets BTFO by the hair stylist? Its an irish video I was looking for a little bit ago but I couldnt find it.

No, it is just a 42 year old Anglo-Chilean man who is kinda internet famous because he interviewed Jim a few months back.

bump in hopes of seeing that.

is this an actual literary discussion or is it just "joyce was a degenerate xddddd"

the latter

On what platform is he famous? He has a small number of subscribers.

Was that guy professor YANK?

From what I can tell it's muh alcohol he's criticizing after watching the first 5 minutes and clicking off

imagine when you were young you wanted to be james joyce and you end up growing up to be coach redpill
SUICIDE

Why did I watch the whole fucking thing, it's midnight.
>he was a drunkard
>never cared for his family and leeched off rich friends
>his works are superficially brilliant but cold and not humane
>his main goal was to achieve posterity in academia, reason why he wrote complicated and superb polished books
>might have commited incest with his daughter
He basically talks a lot about him not being a true man and escaping responsabilty and misery by means of alcohool and writing.

just what i would expect from a channel called 'coach red pill'. alt right are the fedora tippers of this internet era

I'm 15 mins in and it's literally just saying Joyce is a degenerate because of alcohol and stealing money from his acquaintance and that Ulysses sucks because it's only clever and has no human warmth. It appears he is masturbating to Dostoyevsky now.

He's right about Joyce

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo

I'm not going to watch a manchild rant about degeneracy for 30 minutes but I will say the comments are pretty entertaining.

>criticizing an Irishman for liking alcohol
So this is the power of the redpill...

>talking to yourself

If I wasn't already a huge fan of our boy Jimbo I'd become one after this summary.
Also
>not humane
has this nigger even read Joyce? "Red Pill" cunts are a bane to humanity, how fucking little self aware do you even have to be to make a video like that, I only saw him looking at the window with some cheap suit trying to look intellectual and closed this shit, this is embarassing for me, this motherfucker is probably in his 50s and he's still doing shit like that.

>Joyce
>not humane

Has this boy even read The Dead?

>tfw you spend your entire life until 49 trying to achieve the heights of Joyce but you fail and post a video about it on YouTube

As usual, the eternal anglo is pissed because REAL men from Ireland blew them out of the fucking water in their own shit language.

I know Joyce was aware of how long people would be puzzled by his works, but I doubt he could predict how butthurt they'd be as well.

I skimmed the video in the OP. Like most of these Youtube lifestyle instructors, he appears more keen on crafting a sophisticated image of himself over giving an honest critique on the topic at hand. Like, he has to make a jump cut because he can't remember any of the titles of Joyce's works, and he can't explain why he liked them past the phrase "four masterpieces". A lot of his criticism stems from comments on Joyce's personal life, which is irrelevant, and the fact that he can so easily call him "pathetic" despite claiming to once love his oeuvre to the point of memorization feels disgenuine to me. As if he's just borrowing the name and its reputation for a quick ideological boost. Didn't watch all of it, but there you go.

TIL: Joyce is bad because he was a degenerate

For some reason Dostoevsky and his gambling problems are a shining beacon of morality tho

>Anglo-Chilean
So, you mean self-hating Chilean?

Ignore this dumbass he's just some washed up 50 year old who's never achieved anything in his life so he thinks he'll achieve internet fame by being an edgy poor man's interpretation of a /pol/ack and arguing with Le Englightened Internet Skeptics on issues that don't matter. He's just looking for relevancy he doesn't deserve.

>Anglo-Chilean
Disgusting.
t. Chilean

Please no more America

There is nothing more common
>Licks lips
>smack smack

stopped

What all of us mean to say, Samuel Johnson says best -
"That praises are without reason lavished on the dead, and that the honours due only to excellence are paid to antiquity, is a complaint likely to be always continued by those, who, being able to add nothing to truth, hope for eminence from the heresies of paradox; or those, who, being forced by disappointment upon consolatory expedients, are willing to hope from posterity what the present age refuses, and flatter themselves that the regard which is yet denied by envy, will be at last bestowed by time."

Well Veeky Forums?

exactly

this holy shit

This motherfucker really pissed me off. Joyce was a hero, a truly wonderful man, and his work is deeply human.

How can a man so disgusted be so eloquent?

because Joyce is the best writer to ever live, if he was a drunk and a bad father and lately you've been really dig Dostoievsky is irrelevant

saying Joyce is superficial is kinda true because his prose is fucking amazing and meticulous, and it has puzzles and allusions everywhere, but saying that because of this he is an empty shell and has no depth is retarded, he even said he wasn't "humane" which is a word that i would use to describe Ulysses and most of all, its characters, specially Leopold Bloom who might just be the saddest, most humane character i've ever read

if your hero disappointed you because now you're old and you can't sympathize with him because you have kids and you think making money for them is the most important thing in the world, it doesn't mean he sucks as a writer, also go fucking die

I don't understand what's being said here.

honestly

BRAAAAAAPposters out in force tonight

:(

he's basically slapping down contrarians who contradict for attention, attention which they could not get by more legitimate efforts

Does he talk about the letters?

not sure, i only lasted halfway through

It would be pretty hilarious if in the midst of his bloviating he started talking about arses, farts, and red cunts.

>his only literary argument is that Ulysses doesn't feel "warm" and doesn't understand humanity

>his argument against Finnegans was that it's "autistic" and like an encyclopedia

So he cares more about the man and less about the work? What a goof.

Are you talking about the Jim I'm thinking of?

>Ulysses
>doesn't feel "warm"
>doesn't understand humanity

What?

If I were to seriously speculate, he never actually liked Joyce or his writing, nor does he really dislike him now; he wanted to like him once, and wants to dislike him now.

The tell, for me, is him repeating the claims about Joyce molesting his daughter. The evidence, as I'm aware of it, is weak. He cites the destruction of the remaining letters between James and Lucia in 1985 by Stephen Joyce as evidence that they must have been filled with sordid information but...that's absurd. He's using the lack of evidence for his claim as evidence that his claim must be true. The more likely, and much more sad, truth is that Lucia Joyce suffered from a mental illness whose causes are still not fully understood.

Or any of other Joyce's works, really. Jesus.

i want to see this

This guy's act is so transparent. He settled for mediocrity and how he overcompensates with his supposed disdain at proven genius just to salve his wounded ego over giving up.

Joyce struggled all his life for his art. He never gave up. So he was a lowdown degenerate who liked to sniff the odd fart. Who cares. The man achieved literal greatness through immense pain and struggle. He gave his life to his calling and never backed down from it. That takes real courage.

Meanwhile this guy supposedly had that same calling and now he's a grown man who unironically calls himself "Coach Red Pill".

>and his work is deeply human.

This.

this

He actually says the following as a point against Joyce:
>He could've written many pop novels that would've make him a lot of money. I mean, he was suck a brilliant artist, why didn't he do that?

How miserable must you be in order to put those mediocre points just to be controversial?
How bad can you miss the point of Joyce's art? I mean, it's okay if someone doesn't like his works anymore, it's fair. But the opposite of pleasure is not contempt, as this mothefucker has, but disinterest. And out of contempt, he builds such a poor thesis.

>wanted a career like Joyce's
>Joyce was poor destitute for most of his life and largely ignored by high brow academics

this guy is and will continue to be ignorant. And how can you not feel the joy and humanity within Ulysses

>He's using the lack of evidence for his claim as evidence that his claim must be true. The more likely, and much more sad, truth is that Lucia Joyce suffered from a mental illness whose causes are still not fully understood.

Yeah it's almost like "Coach Red Pill" has decided to ignore every other piece of anecdote about Lucia and her mental state because it would probably end up framing things very differently. What a shock.

Joyce probably had a lot of what Lucia had mentally, but he was able to stay on stop of it and remain grounded through sheer genius. What was it that Jung said to Joyce about the both of them sharing the same mental imbalance? It was something like "Where she drowns, you swim?"

Yeah. Schizophrenia isn't a simple cut-and-dry thing, and some can find ways to keep it under control. It might explain Joyce's drinking to some degree, a form of self-medication. I think people like to believe it has a simple and obvious cause so they don't have to face down the horror that the human brain is a machine like any other and it can just break.

>not watching every youtube video on 2x speed

Same.

Was probably too distracted with Bloom being a Jew

This is just depressing...

youtube.com/watch?v=RNOa5L-b-cw

all this redpill bullshit is ruining the internet

I just don't understand what it means anymore. By now I think it's just "everything contrarian is redpill omg I'm so woke".

>87 views

Did you literally search for 'red pill me on james joyce' in youtube?

Well, in his defense, he does say he "hates" the name in many videos. He's just being unironically ironic if that makes sense. In sum, he doesn't know how to sum up his channel more than with that name. Some videos are good, some not so much.

In fact, Veeky Forums would prob like him because he shits on Trump every fucking day kek.

>sum
>sum
>some
>some

Not reading this comment.

>I am a middle-aged no-one who is so desperate that I need to call myself Coach Red Pill, wear cheap suits, talk about "degeneracy" and appeal to the youngsters online so that I can get my bills paid via Patreon
>I also have the audacity to talk shit about Joyce

I'm 10 minutes in, on x2 speed. When does he make an actual point?

Tbqh =

Honestly, is there any way to gain approval on Veeky Forums? Everyone here is so anti-... well, anti-anything. Contrarian, in fact.

This place tries to act so edgy and objective, but in reality everyone on this God-forsaken site is washed up, pathetic, in debt, has no social life, and, most likely, no gf.

Yet, when someone puts themselves out there, everyone here just shits on them for trying. It honestly doesn't matter about the """patrician's taste""" here or on plebbit. What matters is what the general public wants and perceives as valuable. Hence why everyone here will never even fucking finish the first chapter of their novel and John Greene will continue selling #1 best sellers. Man, fuck this place. If the "see you tomorrow" meme wasn't true, I'd probably have accomplished something with my life by now.

dumb catposter

Don't lie, you read it, mate.

Thanks for the (You).

Wow in between seasons Jon Snow really lets himself go

jesus this guy is boring. and that's saying a lot considering Joyce is quite the snooze-fest himself.
Also you can tell he just hates Joyce because he was vain and sucked up to jews. It's a very plain kind of jealousy.

I'm not watching or listening to anything created by a man who thinks *THIS* is an acceptable face to make at any point in their life. I didn't think people actually contorted their face into the "false contemplation to make a stupid rhetorical point" position outside of the shitty antagonist of some stupid drama.

damn...

>red pilled
>pronounces Ulysses like a Mexistani

How can pomo be red-pilled?

I know exactly what you're talking about and just hunted 30 minutes for it to no avail. Fuckkk

>Honestly, is there any way to gain approval on Veeky Forums?
Try not being washed-up, pathetic, in debt, without social life and with no gf.

>Honestly, is there any way to gain approval on Veeky Forums? Everyone here is so anti-... well, anti-anything. Contrarian, in fact.
I hope you are new to Veeky Forums. If you've been here for some time, and only now figured this out, well...

Having those things will also get you shit on.

"if he was so brilliant why didn't he write a money maker?"

Fucking hell..