Reading Kafka's diary (desu)

>reading Kafka's diary (desu)
>suddenly realize that Kafka's basically unconscious, low-effort sleepy musings to himself are infinitely better than any of the writing that I spent hours toiling over, trying to shape to perfection, and that no matter what I do I will not have his level of innate talent.

How do I deal with being untalented, Veeky Forums?

It's not quite as innate as you think. Kafka stunted, warped, atrophied, etc. the rest of his development in order to improve his writing. He was basically a martyr for literature.

Look at that quiff at tell me that's not a man who puts in the god damn effort.

>Forget everything. Open the windows. Clear the room. The wind blows through it. You see only its emptiness, you search in every corner and don’t find yourself.

>My job is unbearable to me because it conflicts with my only desire and my only calling, which is literature. Since I am nothing but literature and can and want to be nothing else, my job will never take possession of me, it may, however, shatter me completely, and this is by no means a remote possibility.

>That there....that's not me

These are hilarious posts.

Kafka is vastly overrated and the acclaim he receives can be attributed to him being jewish, writing subversive material, and therefore being forced into HS curriculums by the postwar jewish establishment, which is also the case with Salinger/Catshit in the Sty.

It's mediocre, but millions of mediocre kids were forced to read it when they were 14, so it stuck with them and continues to inform their mediocre tastes and ability to distinguish between good/bad writing.

>But this would be tantamount to telling him, the more considerately the more grieving, that his past efforts were a failure, that he ought to at last give these up, that he should come back, and, as a permanent homecomer, let himself be stared at with big eyes by all, in the implicit understanding that only his friends had the proper knowledge and insight, and that he was an old child that needed to follow the example of the friends who had achieved success at home.

>>reading Kafka's diary (desu)
fuck i kek'd

So are you saying he was a bad writer? It seems a little bit unfair, to be this blind for political convictions.

Why are you on a Veeky Forums board if you don't know how to read? The poster literally called him overrated. That doesn't make him bad, that makes him not as good as the level of fame he has should otherwise indicate. And that's entirely true.

unless the poster is fluent in German he likely has no idea what he is talking about

Do you understand that he is appealing to and magnifying your sense of alienation and teen angst? This is why these jewish writers have been pushed on you. It has nothing to do with their actual abilities or insight, which they are lacking in.

He's a mediocre writer, of course. Kafka's talents are run-of-the-mill and hundreds of people at that time were better writers. You are simply young and prone to manipulation and he has been pushed on you for that precise reason.

>alienation and teen angst?
define these and explain why they're bad

I am genuinely baffled at how blind can /pol/ shitheads be. Why does everything has to do with race and ethnicity?

Nabokov seemed to think Kafka was a great writer and he was a touch critic

>cat shit in the sty

it pains me to think you probably are proud of that

tough*

You'll figure out.

Never posted on pol. Literature is a creative enterprise Europeans excel at because of their individual nature. Jews are not European. There is nothing controversial about that.

Had a lot of teen angst himself, didn't he? Learn to think for yourself.

To fight against this lack of understanding, against a whole world of non-understanding, is impossible...

kafka was a literary genius, user
don't even compare yourself
you'll never be on his level

you should just give up

This is no excuse for not being able to grow out of your pubescent mentality and obtain some perspective and taste.

"In a world of lies the lie is not defeated by means of its opposite, but only by means of a world of truth."

You need to check which year those diaries are from. If they're from his late 20s, he had already been practicing intently for years.

>You'll figure out.
Not surprised that you can't articulate any of your claims. You do realize what this shows everyone right? That you haven't actually thought about anything you say.

Who said I was making an excuse?

Where did this one come from?

Taking the bait.

user - why even post on this board dude. I know it has gone downhill. Do these poor idiots deserve it? Are you serving a grander purpose I cannot see?

The saddest things about these kind of posts is that they almost always come off as alienated and angst-ridden themselves. A certain kind of impotent contempt, you know what I mean. If only, if ONLY, user were beckoning the other anons warmly, laughing heartily: "Come this way! It's so much better than anything that Kafka has to give you!" But instead, the bitterness always dries it all up. He snaps at everyone, not out of "tough love" or "righteous anger" but something wounded. Arguments are had. And so on.

Didn't you admit you enjoy the teen angst part? Why do I need to explain further if so? I understand it's a semi-normal aspect of many's lives. What you need to understand is that other people know that too and use this weakness to manipulate you.

>Who said I was making an excuse?

I did.

Strange appeal. Poor idiots? I know a lot about literature so I post on a lit board, what motivations do you think I have?

Well, I say I am not making an excuse.

I'm not angst-ridden at all. I'm an adult who is comfortable with my own insights and opinions and lives a wonderful life. Don't project your weakness onto me. If you have a differing opinion you need to express it like the mature man you have yet to become. Practice, user. Don't project.

you're assuming way too much about what I said. I'm just asking you to clarify why you think those concepts should be resisted.
>use this weakness to manipulate you.
This is what needs explaining. I'm not even disagreeing with you or being hostile. I'm giving you an open platform to articulate and convince me of what you say.

OP here, can you guys stop talking about jews and start helping me deal with my lack of talent

Ah shit, I ruined a sweet set of quads cause I forgot how to meme arrow.

They should be resisted because they are weak and childish tendencies that too many believe are healthy to wallow in and thus remain in a perpetual state of underdevelopment, instead of overcoming them and making themselves into real men. You read Kafka and Salinger when you're 14 because they reinforce the above and are subversive.

You see? This is the self-indulgent weakness of the good Kafka goy.

>comfortable with my own insights and opinions
>lives a wonderful life

I would say the same things about myself, user. If I am weak, I do not feel weak. And my opinion does not differ so heavily from yours. I am sure that there are much better paths to life than the path of Kafka or the path of Salinger. But I know that what you are doing won't help anything.

Okay, thanks for the opinion.

If I judged you too quickly, my mistake. I'm just hoping this thread won't dissolve into name-calling.

>How do I deal with being untalented, Veeky Forums?
I read because it pleases me. It entertains me and somewhat educates me. I enjoy consuming the cultural products made by talented people. That's what I like. What do I care about being talented myself?

Dunno, found it in his goodreads quote stack. Most likely the Zurau aphorisms

Talent is like a starting stack in an RPG. With love and determination, great things are possible.

>obvious troll uses identity politics as the basis for a shit argument
>anons lose their shit
Veeky Forums I thought better of you.

>hundreds of people
Name 100. Just 100.

>identity politics
I don't think you know what that term means.

The user's argument boils down to
>kafka is mediocre for vague reasons that I refuse to clarify and the only reason why anyone likes him is because he's a jew that was pushed on people at a young age; if you disagree with me then you obviously can't think for yourself
with the focus being that kafka's acclaim is related to him being jewish.

Kafka's acclaim is completely related to him being jewish. There's nothing special about his writing ability. Your problem is that you don't understand how jews think and believe they're just like you, which is related to your lack of understanding about how nature works. Writing ability is a function of creativity; creativity is a function of individuality within culture; jews are tribal and not individualists; i.e., uncreative, i.e., bad writers. The only reason you think otherwise is because the people who control the institutions that inform your opinions are jews who are nepotistic and promote their own.

Yes thank you for clarifying my point that your argument rests on identity politics.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that angsty teens who read Kafka don't know what the word "politics" means.

*freeze frame*

Cuck. Get in my lice chamber..

a jew won ww2 for america if it wasnt for oppenheimer theyd be cucked by the nips