What's the real reason you come to this board today, user?

What's the real reason you come to this board today, user?

I'm hoping to stumble upon some wisdom that will give me a will to live. I'm probably just as good off looking in the toilet after I take a big shit tho honestly

I come to this board to discuss my favorite books since everyone I know in real life is illiterate.

After I got over my delusion I come here for the fat bugs and millions of IT threads. The daily discussions of nihilism that go nowhere and anons with a gun to their head because they can't write (but never provide any samples)

Life is sadness. I should browse /h/. That one has tiddies, which stay on topic.

You must be eating well then, no?

I do not have social life and I like books

Then why not make you social life about books, for a start?

Subconsciously get Gaddis on your heads.

carry on

What are you currently reading?

I wanted to go check out /mu/ because I've never been there before but misclicked and said to myself why not. This was the first post I saw.

WILLIAM GADDIS WILLIAM GADDIS WILLIAM CADDIS WILLIAM GADDIS
THE RECOGNITIONS
J R
A FROLIC OF HIS OWN
A CARPENTERS GOTHIC
AGAPE AGAPE

I like being alone.

Do you fancy holding your cards close to chest with a face that says you got it all or do you prefer the equally opportunistic alternative?

How high is your self-confidence?
What have the books actually taught you?

truthfully i don't even read
not anymore
i used be into literature when i was 14, then i got depressed and stopped. now, at uni, i get too tired by reading course lit all day i feel i have no energy left for reading non-fic

i hate myself for it though so i come here instead

I need female companionship and I can't focus on reading.

Re-reading Animal Farm. After that going into Pride and Prejudice.

Damn what made you go so depressed that the earliest memories of genuine happiness you have happen to be when you were 14?

What specifically are you hoping to get out a second read, if anything? Just humor me here.

Enough to not embarrassed myself in public or in school. Hm, I get my lessons by daily life exposures. I know that books are good for feeling empathy and I do but I do not take them as life lessons if I have not pass for it.

Because you faggots make me laugh

I read it over a decade ago and didn't really remember it. Wanted to see if I could find any new details I missed on my first go.

And do the lessons you receive day to day give you a sense of fulfillment? That is, can you remember any series of times where you had feelings of elation brought about from a life lesson that helped you actually sleep well at night?

carry on

And when the laughter stops where are you?

just think i'm predisposed for it, really

had a normal childhood, etc. i'm just a naturally depressed person, i think .and i don't want to be, either. i don't wallow in it, i don't sit around all day and read cioran and smoke cigarettes, i truly try to find some happiness or at least stability - but i don't seem to succeed, at least as of yet.

Do your hands or feet have calluses? Everyone is predisposed to taking the paved road.

soft as a baby

I come here to wave my dick around, and remind other people that they too have dicks to be waved.

OP, out

but i'm female
whose dick is mine to wave?

I sleep well at night even if I did not do something "valuable'' that day. I do not struggle to think all the time about the good and bad experiences I have done/create but just in the moment. Daily life experiences can be really fast and can unconsciously stayed in yourself. For example the last day to day experience was that I should take care about some actions I could find myself normal but for other non and so on... I would explain it better but I'm on my phone and English is not my first language

I'm lonely and have no friends. This is the only social interaction I get.

i literally have nothing left but a few family members and my books

Trying to find good books by English authors post-1950.

It seems like after Orwell not another English author is on Veeky Forums's top 100.

For fun. And for the good threads.

It's become too much of a habit to quit. And of course I continue to search for that elusive specter known as art etc. etc. etc.

im sad and have no one to express myself to

Woolf is and so is Huxley. But being honest here, other than Shakespeare England is the wrong place to be searching for good English literature. Like Jesus Christ even Carlyle was Scottish and Sterne Irish

Then you have everything, my friend.

Sheer boredom and indolence. I've grown to associate the pale bluejay egg blue of these boards with a comfiness.

I feel time spend on this website (and this board) is sucked right down a hole where things I won't miss go.

It just feels nice burning daylight doing something of no consequence.

Who was Chaucer and Milton?

>being able to distinguish between a lighter hue of a color as it occurs in nature on a shit-slinging agora simulator

Burn the daylight doing what you hate, and the midnight oils doing what you love.

i hoped it would end like this

My woman was murdered in 2009, I lost my will to do anything besides looking for her, lost interest in all my hobbies, I don't do anything else but to browser the sickest places of the internet trying to find and questioning myself if I will find her corps in a website. I already did. but I just can't stop.

it has been 9 years since she is gone. I don't feel like going to interviews to get a lousy job. that's why i am here.

>female (male)

Because I'm a dangerously unstable and anti-social deviant who is still intelligent enough to btfo people on this board?

My woman was murdered in 2009, I lost my will to do anything besides looking for her, lost interest in all my hobbies, I don't do anything else but to browser the sickest places of the internet trying to find and questioning myself if I will find her corps in a website. I already did. but I just can't stop.

it has been 9 years since she is gone. I don't feel like going to interviews to get a lousy job. that's why i am here.

I also lost any will to live and I am killing myself with cigarettes day by day.

/b/ got boring, and I never really took the time to peruse other boards, so now I am branching out.

There is a lot more philosophy """""discussion""""" here than I was hoping to find though.

Looking for edits of Hillary Clinton's books

I like to occasionally talk about books that I've read. I also really like to procrastinate.

looking for books to read in my kindle.

I live in a town with very few people that enjoy reading literature of any kind. Reading, infrequent to begin with, is chalked up here as either Twilight or Hunger Games-level works.
I come here as a reminder there's more like myself elsewhere-- just not here.

Veeky Forums could be lot worse honestly. Only YA and genre fiction discussions (that would probably be 5 threads per day).
Go to /a/, and the top threads are always about the top most famous anime, equivalents of YA and genre fiction. It doesn't matter if they're actually good, they're the most discussed because they're the most popular. (One Piece)
Go to /tv/, similar situation, top 10 threads all GoT.

To waste time while I'm at my shitty job

Veeky Forums really one of the few interest boards that have decent taste in their interest. Probably down to popularity of the boards.

Mondays are always really slow at my job.

shitposting, what else

What happened dude? Who killed her?

Taking a shit at work, desu. I occasionally look for threads on Medieval philosophy because that's what I'm reading at the moment.

Shitposts, I'm adicted to them

Sure you are

I'm bored at work and this is the only board I can stand any more

To remember what it was like when I had a semi-functional brain and a source of inspiration, as well as time and the will to read, people to discuss my reading with, and goals that seemed attainable.

I'm only here for recommendations. Give me some.

Good threads show up here with a greater frequency than almost anywhere else on Veeky Forums. Most of the lit discussed bores me, but the hobby encourages an analytical trait I prize above all else, so I stay. When I can get the vague thoughts floating around my head into a complete statement, I'll post it here first.

I'm having major surgery tomorrow, and I'm getting used to sitting around and wasting my fucking time on places like this

This is me without autism.
I already tried high school, anime/drawing club, college, music club, videogame club, tennis club and work. I have dated like 3 woman in the past 10 years and I probably didn't initiated any of those approaches. I started to get interest in Veeky Forums for about a year now and is fun and all but i'm below shit at writing and i have pleb taste. Right now it's an excuse for me to try to engage with the opposite sex but my guess is i'm gonna die alone with nothing than my books and playing unfinished incest patreon games.

I trawl Veeky Forums for shit I can write up and sell to clickbait sites.