LSAT

Hey shitters, how did you do on the LSAT?
Can't discuss the questions anywhere because legally binding shit and all that. But how does Veeky Forums feel about the LSAT in general? Does it prepare you for being able to say, be a judge and write opinions? Is it really a good litmus test for rational thought? Or rather a tool used by biglaw to sift through the hordes of lawyer hopefuls for automatons who do nothing but memorize argument structure, evaluative statements, and logic games? To me it really isn't a good measure of one's ability to reason, just how to maneuver within statutes.
Is all being a practitioner of the law entails?

*is that all being a practitioner of the law entails
Cannot into keyboards

did you end up going to law school or something else? That's really fucking good user

Nope went to grad school for Veeky Forums instead now unemployed working on my novel novel novel working on my novel just spending time on my novel

What makes you want to go into law?

Ladies and gents, give it up for James Joyce

>Hey shitters

honestly I'm just looking for something that keeps me sharp. Generally I'm always trying to learn something new and law seems like a reasonable way to do that. I might be completely wrong, I need to shadow some different attorneys.
Good luck
>implying you're not a shitter

Your motives seem pure. Don't get lost in the sauce. Best of luck to you.

lost in the sauce like a copyright attorney working for Disney or what?

I sat it yesterday. I was hard as fuck, especially since I only registered on the last day and didn't get to ingrained those sufficient-necessary rules in my head to get through those problems fast enough. I had to guess about five questions in two of the sections because I was so slow.

Hopefully I scrape through and get above 150.

Time is also taken into account with the scoring. You won't have got above 90

Many people, including those in the 90th percentile, don't finish the whole test. There are some who only get through 3 reading comp passages, some who only get through 3 logic games, and others who, like yourself, leave about 10 questions. Though, you probably only got two of those right and that puts you at -8 minimum, minus logic games and reading comp, if you're competent that puts you around 157. That was my first practice test. You really, REALLY have to prepare for this exam. No way around it, barring people with an unnatural knack for spotting logical patterns.

>90th percentile, don't finish the whole test.
> You really, REALLY have to prepare for this exam. No way around it, barring people with an unnatural knack for spotting logical patterns.
This.

165, three years ago. Rejected from all T14, accepted to every non-T14 I applied to with varying scholarship amounts. Best school I got a full ride at was Cardozo but I didn't go because I hate Orthodox Jews. Probably could have took a year off and took it again but I was afraid I'd get the same score or lower and feel like an asshole. I was averaging 162 on the practice tests so I figured I had a good day and hit my ceiling.

Never give up. Go back at it and try again.

Well now I have a JD so that would be weird

Where did you end up going? And what kind of work are you doing? Big? Small? Federal? State?

Also interested in what happened. Outcome stories on Veeky Forums are usually interesting.

idk but I got 4 points into the 100th percentile on the MCAT

>Went to a sub-14, over 50 school that places about 25% in biglaw.
>Took about $100k in loans.
>Slightly sub median GPA.
>No job after taking bar exam this summer, on Veeky Forums instead of looking for job.
If I could do it again I would have gone for a lower ranked school that gave me a free ride, or have gone to the same place but planed classes/internships/externships/networking better, or would have gone for some sort of masters (MPA? MPP?) instead of the JD. I try to avoid blackpills and think I can end up in an OK position. (Don't go on JD underground if you are already in law school and to far in to drop out, it'll just demoralize you)