Which one was the best brother?

which one was the best brother?

Unironically Smerdy.

i mean he could play the guitar and seduced a normal grill that didn't cut herself, laugh at his face, go into screaming fits and try to seduce his father or form a weird brother love triangle

that's more than in can be said for the other ones

more important question, which one was the best girl?

l i s e

Also him and Alyosha were probably the most honest with themselves.

As an aside that passage where Dosto describes Smerdy's contemplation's is one of my favorites. The sessions of directionless thought that can't be explicated but ultimately leave an impression that may change someone is something I'd always vaguely guessed at or perhaps caught a glimpse of in one such session. I love those moments of union between author and reader on those tucked away thoughts you'd never have thought to try and communicate.

She was a schiz cunt she was. Wouldn't be arsed with that.

Grusha was the only real woman there.

>Grusha
was she a full blown whore or did she fuck only that old guy that had her as a protegee?

i got the impression that her reputation was worse than she actually was, even though she liked to play with men and was a bit spiteful

Well Yea Na she was probably on her way to developing some sizable beef curtains by the time she freed herself from her past but I think she's due some sympathy for her situation.
At her core she was an honest lover and had a bit of fight in her.

Katya just seemed unappealing and needy to me.

yea, Katya was kind of weird, seemed only moved by a weird internal sense of duty that you could never tell where it would take her next

True. I got the feeling she was trying to complete and live up to her own self image. She was consumed by her super ego.

Dmitri

Dmitri embodies power while Alyosha worships weakness. The worst is, of course, Ivan.

Ivan would've been best brother if he found love and some reason to do good, but he ultimately ended up a paralyzed cuck.

Alyosha by default, more due to him having the advantage of being kind and naive by nature than anything else.

so you are saying if Ivan met Grushenka first he would have been saved?

Alyosha. It is impossible not to love him after reading part 10. Lise best girl.

what did Ivan do to break Lise?

That's the general idea, but more so Ivan winning her over, or any girl for that matter that he found himself in love with. Basically, Ivan's issue based on what we've seen from his behavior is that he's intelligent enough to know that the world's a shitshow and he should use his wits and education to effect positive change, but he's too cynical and detached to commit to doing anything that would demand more than a little effort emotionally, mentally, etc. That's pretty much why he went 'fuck it' and decided to travel once he realized he wasn't going to get the girl.

Tl;dr Ivan has the reasoning of Smerdy, the desire for good of Alyosha, the passion of Mitya, but nothing of value to focus that passion towards and so he remains inert.

Ivan was the most interesting one. Dmitrij is almost as good and interesting as Ivan. Alesa was the most likeable on a personal level but i didn't find him as interesting as the other two. Smerdjakov is a retarded version of Ivan. Overall the best character was Fedor Pavlovic.

>Alesa was the most likeable on a personal level but i didn't find him as interesting as the other two.
i guess shit would have hit the fan on part 2 for Alyosha, The Idiot style

Alyosha >> Dmitri >> Smerdy >> Ivan

best girl was in the wheelchair; reminded me of Natasha from W&P, but with character

Yo, when are we gonna get a visual novel adaptation?

Ivan > Mitya > Alyosha > Smerdyakov

All the women annoyed me, I didn't like any of them.

literally any other answer than Alyosha is wrong and missing Dostoievsky's point

wasn't Dostoievsky just setting him for an epic trainwreck on the next books? i think it's hard to judge without having that available

>le you have to agree with the author to appreciate or understand a work of art maymay
How is high school treating you?

Smerdyakov, because he is the only realistic character in this fuckin book.

no one is that joyless in real life

You've clearly never been to eastern europe

I agree Ivan was the most interesting one.
But Fyodor was the reason Smerdyakov got salty lol.

Allow me to introduce myself.

>28
>khv
>dead-end part-time job
>still live at home
>in a boring stagnant small town
>10 years since I've had any friends
>don't drink or do any kind of drugs

I was born and lived most of my life in Poland.

Mitya. Easy. Beating heart of the whole story.

>Dimitri

Fuck

>Aloysha

Marry

>Ivan

Kill

eh i personally thought ivan & smerv were the most interesting characters in terms of philosophical discussion...

both were intelligent, but ivan is to reddit what smerv is to Veeky Forums- more perverted & broken vs, fake in an attempt to seem 'normal'....

ivan is a 'normal' upstanding gentleman dealing with an existential crisis despite his great intellect. - his lack of faith is ultimately his weakness. he hides a lot of his problems...

smerv doesn't really care for the world, he knows he came from a fucked up situation- he's more bitter than anything.

alyosha was very lovable, cant really be against him.

while Dmitri was somewhat average in a lot of ways- just your average alpha brute, not very smart but still a loyal person trying to do the right thing...

wasn't the father the one doing all the work?

this lise is a better asuka

wat

Lise would be best girl if she didn't fuck over best boy for no reason other then "I deserve to suffer lol"

didn't Ivan mind-rape her somehow in a 5 minute conversation, which ruined her?

Yes, but getting memed on by the ebin intellectual is still no excuse. God, I wish Dostoevsky lived to write the sequel

but Alyosha kind of enjoyed getting hypothetically cucked by Lise

Asuka Langley Soryu