Thesis Ideas on Keats

If you had to write a thesis about Keats, what would your topic/statement be?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_capability
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like this
>Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
>When a new planet swims into his ken

Probably something along the lines of reading Keats under the perspective of a Christian martyr. The way in which he lived his life orientated towards his own necessary death with a divine like resolve.

I must read the Bible for that. Thanks though.

I'm thinking of his close relationship to aestheticism, or contradictions between some of his poems and letters. I mean he says "I'm a coward, I cannot bear the pain of being happy" but he praises youth and beauty in "To Mrs Reynold's Cat" and "A Thing of Beauty."

I'm a bit confused regarding what to do, so I need your help, Veeky Forums.

I guess you're talking about WB Yeats.

Any romantics?

You could write about what Keats called Negative Capability. I don't know everything that has been written about it, but you could certainly give your own view.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_capability

Is this an undergrad (or its equivalent) 40 page deal? Longer? Shorter?
What is it that (you) are expected to provide?
And give a poem or two of his that (you) like, in particular.

It's about a 15 pages undergrad thesis. I'm expected to provide a good argument and thesis.

Actually I wanted to focus on Larkin, but my professor insisted that I should focus on Keats. I like his odes but so many stuff have been written about them. So, I'm open to any idea that you could provide. Thanks :3

Are you a girl? I'll write your thesis if you suck my cock

I'm a man, for you.

How about me, babe?

Refrain from using emoticons in the future then please

what a fucking cutie
C U T I E

So, are you going to help this guy or not?

Well I said I would so I guess I have to now

Ok. One aspect of Ode on Melancholy concerns a contradiction between the traditional emblems of melancholy and those the poet suggests [we] use instead.
In stanza one the traditional emblems are dismissed. In 2 (when becoming melancholy I suggest -you-) use the tradional emblem of love (rose) of peace and of eternity (a rainbow on a sea wave) again of love (your mistress's eyes, although here she's angry!)-- feed on these, instead..
In the final stanza 'Melancholy' herself is introduced
>She dwells in Beauty -- Beauty that must die;
>And Joy, whose hand is ever at his lips
>Bidding adieu...
This image of joy- of YOUR moving away from a loved person (you) will never see again, who is in fact blowing (you) a kiss is perfect; and the VACANT one of beauty (for it is both 'truth' as well as 'in the eye of the beholder') of whom all the poet can say is that she 'must die'- are Melancholy's companions. But once introduced (or 'personified') she, M, immediately disappears-
>Ay, in the very temple of delight
>Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine,
>Though seen of none save him...
Except him- except the one who experiences the utmost of pleasure- of the rose and of the woman's eyes, as it were, and of ALL that they suggest. What they once suggested was subverted in stanza 2, recall. Etc.
After a short discussion of this poem and its very obvious subversion of the traditional (emblems or metaphors or motifs), scan the other odes for similar undoings then build a conclusion. From Melancholy go to Urn then Autumn. Viola: a fun 15 page paper.

--9642 addressed to (you) but tabbed myself, accidentally. Hope it's clear enough. Done quickly.

I love (you), but I'll look at your post tomorrow cause I have to die for 12 hours. I can't thank you much for now though. Thanks anyway.

Youre welcome. Good luck.

Reading the Resistance: A Reappraisal of Keats' Oeuvre in Light of the 2016 Presidential Election (of Donald Trump!)

Wtf is this?

>(of Donald Trump!)

Nice touch.

How wd (you) get in to it? Where start? Perhaps with the Ode to.. Psyche! But seriously, any plan? Curious..

If I was going to write a thesis on Keats, It would be my own original work. I would not go to Veeky Forums and ask Veeky Forums to do my homework for me. Now, be a good little jewish boy, read his entire catalog and come up with a statement about it, OP.
>It helps to read Milton

What the fuck, Wellbeck?

>well, yeah. but for that matter it helps to read Shakespeare as well, and Chapman's Homer! Etc.

>posts on Veeky Forums
>wants to write an essay about a romantic poet
>hasn't read the bible
Nigga...

What could be written about Imagism?

Stop this stupid (you) shit

Sure, pal.