Is reading the most alpha hobby?

Is reading the most alpha hobby?

how do i escape skelly mode anons

anything can be an alfa hobby if you're an alpha

Steroids I guess. I've been working out daily and watching what I eat for the last 6 or so years. I'm fit, but still just thin. I really think anyone who's muscular above a certain point is on steroids.

how do you get and do steroids?

Read the sticky.

Depending on what you're reading, I'd say you could argue that the benefit/cost ratio is greater than that of other hobbies, mentally speaking.

Don't, take the black pill instead and embrace your skeleton

>hotdudesreading

wat

It's literally just eating more and doing lots of reps with smaller weights. There's plentiful science about how to build muscle mass natty.

>tfw you'll never make it on that page

It's mostly 25ish guys having an identity crisis where they try to seek some ultimate form of male masculinity, where they are not too harsh but not too soft.

Saw some 30 minute bullshit youtube video of a good looking guy touristing around in (Romania?) giving advice on how to become a man. He was blathering on about some fucking French guy in a barret and crocs and how he should seek to become this ultimate form of carelessness even though he despiced him.

If he's reading Harry Potter, how's that any different from playing Game Boy?

/fitlit/ is the most patrician way to live.

Why are women so self assured in their wrongness? It has been the ruin of civilization.

>tfw 5'8'' skinnyfat subvocalizer who reads one book a month
literaly literary kill me

I had to check if I was on Veeky Forums. /Fitlit/ is truly the greatest

All of fit is raging about the five rep set.

And then there's this dude.

Yes, it's. That's why, in name of what is manful in this world, we shall slay the wicked woman who dares to read a book, since such creature is defiant of her inferior nature.

>subvocalizer
Nothing wrong with that. It helps you feel the rythm of the sentences and develop a better sense for style. Speed reading and skimming have their uses, but the best way to read good prose (or your own writing) is by subvocalizing it, if not simply reading it out loud.

>doing lots of reps with smaller weights.
i thought it was the exact opposite if you wanted to build strength/muscle rather than endurance

At least you have the discipline and self restraint not to be a fucking lardass like me. If I read a book on the bus girls would just assume it was a recipe book.

From my understanding, low reps = strength, middle reps = hypertrophy, high reps = endurance. It does vary on your definition of low/middle/high though, I'm guessing 5/12/>12.

I'm the second poster. Before I started working out I used to be low obese (30 BMI or something) and I lost most of the initial weight by reading on an elliptical machine and an exercise bike. But really, you don't even need to exercise to lose weight, just calculate your metabolic rate and track what you eat to consume slightly less than you burn. What I did was download an app like MyFitnessPal and started tracking what I ate. As long as you keep at it and go slow and steady (don't go overboard and develop an eating disorder or some dumb shit), there is literally nothing simpler than losing weight. You need to realize that you won't change in a week or a month, but keep at it for a year or two and you'll be a different person. It takes patience, but not any more than writing a book.

Women are the worst

Inb4 virgin

Low-reps, high weight, is for gaining mass.

Gotta eat big to get big.

Cpunt your calories, plan your meals out a weeks in advance, go starting strength then move onto a 4 day split.

If you don't use roids there are limits to the amount of muscle mass you can gain.

All instagram body builders are using something, don't feel bad about not grtting that big in two years.

Reading>Going to museums>watching theater/operas>listening to music/going to concerts>playing videogames>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>watching movies/TV series

well then, start watching actually artistic movies, kiddo

This is absolute bullshit. Never post again you retarded fedora tipper

>he actually puts playing videogames over watching the masterpieces of cinema

who /fitlit/ here?

Reading +lifting/being attractive makes you a superior human and it's very easy to signal social and unperson anyone around you who is lesser.

If you are also tall? You will make people consider suicide

That's actually interesting question. Women tend to fall for group think in harder ways than men do, they immerse themselves into social groups where certain opinions are de facto taken seriously and have no reason to 'switch focus' to outside of their bubbles since their social power is collectively re-enforced and it's no problem for them to simply reject anyone who goes against them unless they are important enough to matter to them.

it's a shame that hotdudesreading is make by a faggot and not by a girl...

Step
One
Be
Attractive