*Achieves the Aesthetic Ideal*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pq2y-hsZSTE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Carves himself into the stone of history for the rest of modern time because he thinks aesthetics is the only value you need in life.

probably my favorite person i've ever disagreed with

sun and steel is fuckin lit tho

film grain makes me nut

>people think Mishima was a retarded one-note political martyr instead of a fucking Superman who's life was a carefully crafted work of fucking art

What would happen if him and Oscar Wilde met? Would they fuck?

Gore Vidal wanted to go cruising with Mishima.

I bet he planned every moment of his death. I bet he was fully aware that his coup was doomed to fail.

Fetishist.

>a total exhibitionist aesthete who turned traditionalism into an accessory is a "superman"

lel.

I bet the sun will rise tomorrow.

It is better to have an accessory, than to be one.

>implying both situations are mutually exclusive

*botches his suicide*

In his last moment he was probably thinking how aesthetic it was going to be and once the sword struck he realized for a split second he was even a failure at the end

The botched seppuku assist was very appropriate.

I just can't take someone who is 5'1" seriously. It just ruins any credibility he has. He's basically a chink version of Oscar Wilde.

the eternal manlet strikes again

This is how he wanted it to be. The suicide is botched in his movie too : youtube.com/watch?v=pq2y-hsZSTE
>inb4 it's a movie adaptation
Mishima wrote, directed and played in the movie.

What does his height have to do with it? He was fully aware of his physical defect and chose to become swole, his height had no bearing on it. I can respect a short person infinitely more than an obese or vapid person for instance, because unlike height, those are completely within your control. And it wasn't as if his height had any bearing on his intelligence either. All in all, I bet he was objectively better than you in every way despite being a manlet, pertjaps even because of it.

>you'll never turn your entire life into a piece of performance art

Say what you will, at least he had a dream and made it happen

What would he have done if the solider actually got riled up by his speech and were willing to follow him?

What would have been the next step of his master plan?

A coup and more totalitarianism for Japan.

He was a fucking legend

His books are fucking great too. Spring Snow and The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea are GOAT