Post music track, get book recommendations

Post music track, get book recommendations.
youtube.com/watch?v=wD7JqkGdqF4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPxGjCgIamc
youtube.com/watch?v=u9h6-JBqcNY
youtu.be/Uys5xNo3TKg
youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
youtu.be/n4CpypI7SOo
youtu.be/9Bm-kdLwBVc
youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM
youtube.com/watch?v=IZk7y_ePVpA
youtu.be/hgXxDFvfdhM
youtu.be/gqky4dSGJnE
youtu.be/ZhhQrFfzFM4
youtu.be/g0fqYeT8u9A
soundcloud.com/user-21422487/quadrant-infinition
vimeo.com/125332745
youtube.com/watch?v=UGIhLAEzMaE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=WPxGjCgIamc

youtube.com/watch?v=u9h6-JBqcNY

youtu.be/Uys5xNo3TKg

youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

youtu.be/n4CpypI7SOo

>implying anyone wants to listen to your shit

Aristophanes , the clouds

This

/mu/-tier garbage threada.

Marquis de Sade, "Justine"

Honestly what the hell are you even listening. Awful thread

Make it less garbage
youtu.be/9Bm-kdLwBVc
And
youtu.be/OyYnstGB3rM

youtube.com/watch?v=IZk7y_ePVpA

No.
>>/mu/

youtu.be/hgXxDFvfdhM

Fuck off to /mu/.

Samefag

youtu.be/gqky4dSGJnE

No
youtu.be/ZhhQrFfzFM4

No. Your music sucks. Stay there.

>Be me
>Not OP
I actually like the idea for a thread though. I need book recommendations and I think linking someone to your taste in music is a good way to get a sense of your taate in lit. Too bad Veeky Forums has 0 taste in music, it's somehow even worse than /mu/

youtu.be/g0fqYeT8u9A

soundcloud.com/user-21422487/quadrant-infinition

vimeo.com/125332745

Not on youtube for whatever reason

The issue stems from the fact that most people here don't feel confident enough in their ability to grapple down pieces to themes and moods concrete enough to be a jumping-off point. Recommending a book off a book is one thing, because there're plenty of established critics whose words can be parroted, but actually having to digest anything to a core takes a level of critical thinking that some here might have- but it's unlikely they'll feel... again, confident in their understandings. Most of us are too young here anyway to have a firm grasp on anything more than one or two subjects anyhow, and the chances that someone's going to post something that can be directly related to the subject of anyone who sees it is pretty low.
Granted, you can take the subject matter of a song and compare it to the subject matter of a book, but that's like comparing 'plot' to 'style', and stylistic resemblances are what I think we're going for here. That's why Art/Book rec threads are generally so disappointing (eg, if I post a Darger watercolor in there, I'll get recs for Lolita instead of Kathy Acker or Frank Baum).

For music in particular, I think it also hurts that most of what's being posted here transcends the feel of everyday life.
For example, Colour Haze makes me want to recommend something like an adventure epic set on the Eurasian Steppe - horselords pillaging with occasions of peace out on the plains, doin' mystic shit - but that's 'shitty genre fiction', so why would you want to read that? For a more 'literary' rec that loses some of the mood though, I'll say The Song of King Gesar, or maybe Marco Polo's travel writings. I dunno; not my area of expertise.

I like the idea for the thread too though. So here's this:
youtube.com/watch?v=UGIhLAEzMaE
specifically from like 3:11 until the end.