Move in day for college

>move in day for college
>when I got there, roommate had already unpacked everything and was out looking around
>look at my roommate's bookshelf
>Infinite Jest, Gravity's Rainbow, Ulysses, Thus Spake Zarathustra, The Ego and his Own, The Book of Disquiet, Women and Men, The Western Canon by Bloom
I think he's one of us, guys.. Should I reveal my power level to him? what do?

Tell him he's an entry level pleb who needs to start with the Greeks

MURDER SUICIDE

MURDER SUICIDE

MURDER SUICIDE

subscribed. keep us updated.

Never reveal your power level.

Also depends. If those are (pretty much) the only books he has, he might be Veeky Forums. If they stood out to you among loads of others, he might well not be. Veeky Forums's favourites are all recognised classics.

women and men and the ego and it's own are both very obscure even to most objectively well read people . having both is very suspicious

also women and men is hard to find. ok is probably making this up

he also has a kafka short story collection, pale fire, some borges, and stoner

Did he bring all those books to show that he's read them or because he plans to read them?

Be careful. A guy at university stalked my goodreads and was glad to see that I've read IJ. He even wanted to talk to me about it more extensively. He also mentioned Pynchon. Later he didn't even know who Yotsuba was, so I guess he wasn't a Veeky Forumsizen after all.

pics with timestamp.

Many people use this site and have no idea who yotsuba is

In fact I only know her through the banners

Lucky you.

You may be right. He said she looked familiar when I showed him a pic, so who knows.

> Yotsuba
Is that a font or summin?

Maybe he didn't want to reveal his power level.

I'm picturing a sitcom where two anons are both autistically trying to avoid revealing their power levels to each other while trying to confirm their suspicions about the other one.

Yeah, I have no clue who Yotsuba is and I don't watch anime or read manga.

You described death note, kinda.

My freshman roommate was a retard who loved NCIS and nickel back, consider yourself lucky unless he's an actual autist

What kind of utter pseud brings all those books with him to college on day 1 and displays them?

loool

One of my English major friends is reading Journey to the End of the Night, lent me The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti, and once joked "start with the Greeks!"
is he /r/oneofus??

deliver OP

just bought Journey to the End of the Night...what am I in for?

yes
this. You're baiting hard OP or your roommate is a complete philistine who saw some list somewhere and bought every fucking book on the list.

A voyage towards the finish of the darkness