Should I this thing ?

Should I this thing ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjyOGSx8v6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should that thing

Yes, but very carefully.

I haven't read it myself but I have heard very good things about it, I also heard there are cripple assasins in it so that's pretty fun

It's a helluva lot of fun.

I read it last year and can't honestly say it's worth the time

I sat through two months of 'tee hee, it's not SUPPOSED to be entertaining. tee hee, are you annoyed yet?'

yes, it's the most interesting contemporary read.

this guy hasn't actually read it, trust me.

>"I do things like get in a taxi and say, 'The library, and step on it.'"
>that entire ebonics section, which would probably be offensive if it wasn't so incoherent
>multiple mathematical errors and a hilariously faulty understanding of organic chemistry (DFW later admitted that he just copied most of the information on drugs out of a pharmaceutical textbook)
>completely unnecessary endnotes which are not only irritating to read but destroy the cohesion of the narrative rather than allow it to flow
>"And so but"
>frequent and casual use of the word "fag" + multiple transphobic portrayals of transvestites and the ambiguously-gendered
>goofy names, obsession with popular entertainment and the invisible social structures which govern us, postmodern style, endless abbreviations, yet DFW claims to have never read Pynchon
It's obvious to anybody who looks beyond the size of the book, the front cover blurbs from Wallace's MFA-cronies, and the many Veeky Forums memes, that this is not a good book. It's an insecure attempt by Wallace to demonstrate to the literary establishment that he was just as smart as he thought he was, and he failed.

Please Veeky Forums, look beyond DFW's carefully manufactured celebrity appeal and listen to Bloom. Some of you are better than this.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen so far this year. Please continue, user.

And but so you should this thing be cry.

no it's not worth it bro

Jesus, if you dropped it like 40 pages in you should have just said so.

B8 / 10

yes

>>completely unnecessary endnotes which are not only irritating to read but destroy the cohesion of the narrative rather than allow it to flow
The funniest thing is that 30 pages in I thought this too then I realized that the non-technical notes are perfect worldbuilding. Like said, it's pretty obvious you dropped it 40 pages in.

I quit 300 pages in about two years ago. Just not my cup of tea I guess. I was irritated by all of the end-notes.

Get a load of this guy

No, OP. Wallace was the PewdiePie of MFA writing:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjyOGSx8v6w

Yes but only if you have a predilection for addiction. This is a book written by and for addicts.

No, it's a meme.

Yep

Hey, language.

Finished it a few months ago. I liked it, but I'm also the kinda guy that likes reading the dictionary to look for words I don't know.

Only a pleb could miss the point of the book this badly.

if you listen to the audio book at 2x speed and don't take any breaks including sleep you can finish it in 24 hours

>fun
it's SAD and SINCERE