What's so great about this Proust guy, huh?

What's so great about this Proust guy, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.560128
youtube.com/watch?v=wPhyov3zl5I
bibliobs.nouvelobs.com/essais/20071206.BIB0448/proust-antisemite.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His mustache is dreamy

He was jewish so jews have elevated his status and many wannabe white intellectuals have received the signal and perpetuated the notion that he's a Grade A writer so to receive status points when in reality Proust's work is rather mediocre and nothing special in and of itself.

Poe's law's really fucking with my head right now desu

he was a Catholic though

Take the madelinepill, user

Nope.

How many of these shitposts can you make per day? This is a literature board. Its for critically discussing literature, not airing out your insecurities via banal ghetto black pseud anti-semitism.

Hate Jews and Jewish culture? Cool, tell me why In Search of Lost Time is a bad novel and what about it is uniquely "Jewish." Make your point with an argument that moves beyond "abloobloobloo.... written by a Jew... abloobloobloo... Jews scare me because I'm poor, insecure and need a scapegoat." Except you can't because we both know you haven't read Proust.

one page, one sentence.

>and what about it is uniquely "Jewish."

Swann and Rachel desu

> scapegoat
This post was written by a jew.

>>>/Bellevue/

>proceed to Proust's wiki
>CTRL+F "jew"
>Page is filed in subsection for "LGBT Jews"
>take Proust off my Goodreads to-read list

Come back when you're old enough.

«On ne peut pas faire deux pas sans en rencontrer. Je ne suis pas par principe irréductiblement hostile à la nationalité juive, mais ici il y a pléthore. On n’entend que: “Dis donc, Apraham, chai vu Chakop.” On se croirait rue d’Aboukir.»

> Variations of the DNST3 gene make Ashkenazi Jews 40 percent more likely to develop schizophrenia and similar diseases.

haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.560128

The baguette kikes like to force him as a great literary figure.
Being honest, french only works as a poetry language.

It's not because his work was taken by propaganda that he's not a pure genius.

And your obsession with them is definitely NOT schizophrenic.

Look at yourself.

Aside from his philosophically brilliant and stylistically delightful epic, I identify with Proust as a person and an artist. You see, according to letters from Proust to his loved ones, he was a chronic masturbator.

Not like your average adolescent, we're talking 10-15 times a day, well into his late 30s. It's no wonder he didn't start seriously writing ISOLT/Swann's Way until the late age of 38, because his wrist must've been devoid of cartilage by age 35 requiring strenuous recovery, like how some 30-year-old NBA players have the knees of an 80-year-old after a modest career. And who could blame him? His hands wrote the most masterful human creation ever, as art is the most superior form of human creation, literature the most superior form of art, and ISOLT the most superior work of literature; I'm not gay but I would enjoy a handjob from Proust's divine hands, the only equal tribute to art I imagine would be delivering canvas-piercing thrust of one's cock through Mona Lisa smile in the Louvre.

I too have this problem of chronic masturbation, it's a curse. But it comforts me knowing that there is an upper echelon of chronic masturbators who are brilliant artists and philosophers and minds throughout human history. It comforts me knowing that when I die there might be a glowing castle in the clouds where all the great chronic masturbators throughout history occupy, and Proust, from the highest tower, upon seeing my one normal arm and muscular arm with a chaffed lumberjack palm, blows smoky stardust from his divine pipe and shouts "Lower the drawbridge, he's one of us!", and I am greeted with Target 5 for $5 hand creams as I take my rightful place in eternity.

Jews are at the center of the west's current problems. They are an alien elite that have always caused problems wherever they've gone and must be removed. It is completely natural for whites to acknowledge this problem, spread awareness of it, and not allow jews like yourself to distort the issue and pathologize us for pointing out jewish pathology that has many effects, including a 40% higher chance of suffering from mental illness.

BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i don't get it, does he dislike their accent or something?

I fucking hate this board.

Jews as white as Italians and Anglo liberals probably would have created modern feminism and racial egalitarianism without Jewish immigration to the US and Britain. The current elite are basically Gladstone-era Liberals updated for Current Year.

I disagree. Jews are the main social agitators in western societies, and the only people with an interest in dividing white men and women, encouraging blacks to blame whites for all their problems, etc. They are who benefits but these things aren't organic anyway. If there had been a stronger white elite they would have quickly realized feminism was bad and disincentivized it and it would have gone nowhere, instead of being promoted throughout our jewish culture and jewish-run institutions.

One time I matched with an 18 year old on tinder and in her bio she said how Proust was her homeboy or something stupid like that. Then after talking to her I found out she was "in an open relationship" and I said I didn't feel comfortable with that so we never met. Anyway, that probably should have been in her bio instead of her bragging about how well-read she supposedly is. I don't know if I even believe she actually read and understands Proust. Not because I don't think women can appreciate literature, but because she's 18. She was pretty hot but clearly thinks far too highly of herself and will probably have a miserable life once she realizes that she'll be used by men more than she thinks she's using them.

It took me half a year to read the whole novel. It ruined my life. I have come to think no other work of art can achieve such perfection. It's about everything in life, it's a lifetime itself.

Precisely. Your experience shows how Proust is used more as a status signaling symbol than anything. Why did she choose Proust to signal her coolness? Well, because jews within our culture have created an image around him that gullible people prone to signaling their erudition to others buy into wholesale. There is little that is unique or impressive about Proust, he's just been marketed in that way.

oy vey, can you stop with the jew shit already?

Threads about a jew m8, what do you expect?

I agree with the status symbol part but idk about the jew part. Yeah the jews do a lot of stuff with the media but I don't really think marketing old French writers to impressionable sexy teens is one of their tricks.

The novel introduces a big discussion on anti-Semitism with l'Affaire Dreyfus. Jews being Jews are a big part of it. Also, Swann, who is one of the coolest characters, was Jewish himself and faced a bit of discrimination from the Guermantes et al. I don't think it's possible to take the Jews out of the book, yet I don't find it a piece of propaganda either.

I understand, but the influence you're talking about goes well beyond the media. Jews do this all the time, it's tribal behavior, and all they're really doing is promoting their own. That's how they obtain so much power and the process need not be anything elaborate to elevate a dead writer.

Meme writer for angsty teens. Basically Jack Kerouac but in the 1900s.

I would think as someone concerned about jewish influences that you would be more intrigued by her being in an open relationship than by her interest in Proust.

I like the bit with the rats.

My concern with the big picture precludes me from getting too intrigued by the sexual habits of 18 year old tinder slags.

Yeah but surely the promotion of sexual looseness among young girls is more of an issue than the promotion of Proust?

No. Women act like men and become sluts because the jews in charge of our cultural institutions tell them it's acceptable to behave that way. I'm interested in the source, the jew, which Proust was. Having read Proust and being aware of the many dynamics of the jewish question thus inclines me to weigh in and help explain some of these things to people who may not be as well informed. The Proust girl you talked would be in-line by next week if the jewish problem was solved today.

Look, you're right about some things, and you're wrong about other things. But most importantly, who gives a fuck, this is a literary board. His religion or ethnicity doesn't even enter in the equation. gb2/pol/ user.

I'm right about all things and you need better arguments. Ethnicity is everything.

Is it bad that all I know about Proust is from that Monty Python sketch?

wtf i love proust now

>the jewish question

what is the question, exactly?

based Proust poster

Charlus is by far the best character. Brichot second. Swann is literally a lesson in how not to lead one's life. So much lost time... I thought he was discriminated by the guermantes because he wheedled and wasted himself with Verdurin so that he could get to that shitty hussy of his.

he writes pretty extensively on jews outside of the context of dreyfus too... by using Bloch, or I think through Charlus sometimes... and very clearly defines both sides of the argument about jews in his time.

Many early Proust admirers were actually antisemitic.

>french only works as a poetry language

French is one of the least poetic languages, there isn't even one decent epic poem in French, although the most gifted poets tried. (Song of Roland doesn't really count.)

that's moncrieff and kilmartin's novel, not proust's

>antisemitic
You use this word as if it means something. There's nothing abnormal or wrong about being opposed to jewish behavior.

These autistic "l-le jews" Proust haters are so stale and uncreative. Patricians who appreciate Proust's talent are clearly superior posters, see

Great video where Paul Morand talks about the Proust he knew (five minutes):

youtube.com/watch?v=wPhyov3zl5I

Subtitles in English are somewhat weird, but give you an idea.

>claim: Jews have elevated his status
>answer: no

Just found this : bibliobs.nouvelobs.com/essais/20071206.BIB0448/proust-antisemite.html
If you know French, good.
If you don't, it basically says that Proust was sorta an antisemite (try to read this with a translator)

That's how I first learned of Proust.

Of all the writers regularly discussed on Veeky Forums, who is the most similar to Proust? Someone mentioned Kerouac already in this thread but I don't know if I understand that comparison.

>antisemitic
>anti: against
>semitic: Jews

What is wrong with this word exactly?