What books and stories would you first read to your son?

How do you begin to shape the mind of your son so that he becomes righteous and upstanding? How do you plant within him the roots he needs, so that he might grow to be a better man than you?

Lolita

OP again. No degeneracy at all, actually. No smoking, communism, sex, drugs, etc. The kid is 9.

Grave of the fireflies

Lord of the Rings

This is a good one.

Read inspiring comments from Jordan Peterson YouTube videos to him.

Start with the Hobbit

I read Plato at age 9. Unironical non-shitpost follows:

>Aristotle, Organon
This is a collection of his works, and it should be available online or cheaply through some CreateSpace publisher on Amazon. Introduction to logic and disciplined thinking. If he's a smart kid a good portion of it will seem obvious as many of the rules (of the Categoriae, for example) are used in English.

>Plato, Complete Works
Socratic dialogues and Plato's Republic. Socrates, aside from being fucking hilarious, is a genuinely humble soul who didn't get the Son of God treatment. It's great instruction. An early lesson, for example, is that a positive evil does not exist. Rather, evil is merely the absence of good. Denying him access to Plato because it conflicts with your misunderstanding of divine punishment would be intentionally keeping him ignorant.

>The New Testament of the Bible (NASB)
Self-explanatory. Christian philosophy is an outstanding way to live. The whole of it was summarized in the Sermon on the Mount so even illiterate pigfuckers would understand Christ's message. I know that you won't, but: go incredibly easy on the dogma and indoctrination. He doesn't need to believe correctly, Christ's message is moral instruction and an exhortation to *act* correctly. That is: do no evil, live simply, and do good works.

Of course, I don't expect a fundamentalist to capably raise a son at all. I expect you to fuck it up. But if you educate yourself and steer him into recognizing critical thought he might get the tools he needs for adulthood.

I'd read him a couple of the children's books I grew up enjoying as a prepubescent: a children's version of The Odyssey, and a book about the Knights of the Round table.

In addition to this I'd read him The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Treasure Island, and more.

Redwall

My kid is 6, and so far we've read:
Most of Roald Dahl's childrens books
Several of Tove Jansson's Mummitroll books
The Hobbit
First Narnia book
The Little Prince
>Abridged versions of:
Robinson Crusoe
Gulliver's travels
20,000 Leagues under the sea
Treasure Island

and various fairy tales and non-translated stuff

Grimms Märchen
Nibelungensage
Feuerzangenbowle
Perry Rhodan
Hobbit

And myths and fairytales in general, norse, buddhist, chinese, whatever...

You sound like a good dad.

My kids are 3.5 years old (twins) and in addition to countless collections of fairy tales and short books that we go through over and over to help them learn to read, I also have gone through the following chapter books.

Charlottes Web (their favourite)
Stuart Little (a bit tricky for them thematically)
The Trumpet of the Swan
The BFG
Matilda
We also bailed out of The Little Prince because they lost track of the plot and couldn't answer many of the review questions I had for them.

These books also have pictures every few pages, which they really enjoy.

I've also noticed they love the Franklin series of books, they like to pretend to read to one another.

I also restrict TV a lot at home- (almost none during the week, and mostly BBC nature docs on
the weekend), but do promise that we will watch the movie based on the book once we finish it.

The Bible.

Crippled America by Donal Trump
Barbarians by Lauren Southern
Dangerous by Milo Yiannopoulos
Meme Magic Secrets Explained by Baked Alaska
Also have him listen to BASED Jordan Peterson and Stefan Molyneux on (((YouTube))). SORT YOURSELF OUT XD

this

I read all the Redwall books as a kid but grew up to be a neurotic loser, explain that?

Abridged Classics like Moby Dick, so that when it grows up they'll go back looking for exciting whale adventures.
This is assussming that we're allowed to marry robots.

Star Wars novels.
The series that Jude Watson wrote about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is serious but very kid friendly and fu

I don't think you can shape someone that age just by books, you need to set the examples of what you consider right and wrong, and guide him trough the things that made your young life harder so that he doesnt go trough those as rough as you did.
Only good books will do to a kid of 9 is getting him into reading, which is very important to someone growing up, since it will help his grammar, reading comprehension, writing, etc

Wait why the hell do you quiz them?

So they'll start thinking critically uou fucking retard

post timestamp of your kids head or this is b8

Evola desu

Basically to see if they are following the story.

There are parts of Stuart Little that have a lot of technical language pertaining to nautical things, so the got glazed over and didn't know what was going on.

I also like to know what they hear, what parts they find funny, what is sad, etc

I do have twins, won't post pics of them

I used to read the pic related series when I was really young. They were awesome.

3.5 years old.
Yeah but if you are just discussing it I am all for parents explaining things.
I though they had to review it like chinese kid bootcamps

Ender's Game

Tintin, Louise Erdrich, Jim Woodring. My kid has enjoyed this stuff and I didn't see it mentioned.