Does your novel get a bingo, Veeky Forums?

Does your novel get a bingo, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamodernism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I read it too. what did you think?

www.currentaffairs.org/2017/09/how-novelty-ruined-the-novel

I generally agree with the sentiment, though I disagree with some of the particulars. Difficulty and experimentation are not necessarily bad things, and it's possible that these authors don't want to write another Great Expectations. I agree with the humor aspect especially though. Infinite Jest was decidedly not the guy buster I was promised.

just finished the article, great read

this thread must not die

Brace for redditors buttmad because the golden calves Paranoiac and Corncobber got torn a new one.

I got 4 and 2 halves, none in adjacent spaces.

On a related note, what do you fellas think of metamodernism?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamodernism

A return to Modernism would be a cure for contemporary literature

I hope it thrives

>women hate men because men are better writers: the bingo

guessing time

my diary desu

also, I love how most pomo novels wouldn't even get that bingo. ironic eh?

Infinite Meme

nope but they both fit

are you retarded

the entire point of the article is that ALL pomo memes fit this bingo board

What the fuck? I literally lost on the most specific one. Self-doubt at the supermarket. What is this a reference too?

I think IJ has no bit about little things in life, and also it has more than 20 pages without dialogue, for sure, probably at times around 25

>specific
lmao idiot that's in like literally every shitty burgerpomo meme

Basically Tolstoy's argument, and I agree with it fully

>The way a man feels when he’s in love, meanwhile, is “like his chest and guts are held together by a single wooden clothespin that she could remove by simply not showing up.” (Apparently she is going to summon the clothespin from afar, with one of those Accio! spells from Harry Potter.)
holy autism batman

>My only plea is that authors should think carefully about why they are writing the books they are writing, and take seriously their responsibility to promote the universal brotherhood of man, in ways great and small.
Now, this is what I call a Spook

Agreed. This kind of shit really undermines the good stuff in the article.

I didn't see any particularly good criticism of postmodern lit. The thing that resonated most was the idea that it had developed into a genre with its own tropes and cliches, but that strikes me as more of a critique of shameless ripoffs and wannabes than of the great works that started the trend.

Why does she not reference Tolstoy's 'What is Art?', when she's clearly ripping straight from it

Probably ended up on the chopping block. Had to save room for references to the really great stuff:

>one reviewer promised me that The Nix was going to be “so intelligently funny,” though it provided no textual examples to back this up. (For fellow Arrested Development fans—seasons 1-3—think “Footage Not Found.”)

let me see how long it takes to find the complaint about misogyny in this picture AH there it is.

>(For fellow Arrested Development fans—seasons 1-3—think “Footage Not Found.”)
To the trash it goes.

Jesus god no.

Maybe if your did they might actually be worthwhile.

How did this get past the editing process?
B L U E B O A R D

I agree with everything besides the moralizing. You can't mash together a bunch of short stories and call it a novel. Nor are any of the metaphors in The Nix that good. But it's absolutely possible for a novel (or any other work of art) to be about shitty people doing shitty things and learning jack shit, and also come out excellent.

There's also some profoundly cringe-inducing references like and .

Worth a read, though, especially if you're a writer.

ban me faggot

A lot of it doesn't make sense. What is a comedic setpiece and what makes it lumbering? What does "unsatisfying infidelity" mean? Can words even be racist?

>Can words even be racist?
Only racists ask this question

>What does "unsatisfying infidelity" mean?

Look up the meaning of these two words and then combine them, then you will have your answer.

White Noise

This.

>self doubt at the supermarket
Not in my novel, but it does describe my life

How many of these squares came from infinite jest?

Id say at least 75%

Ok so who doesn't beat off to the grinch