Is Veeky Forums finally turning against nihilism and the degenerate reddit-tier philosophy it represents?

Is Veeky Forums finally turning against nihilism and the degenerate reddit-tier philosophy it represents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_equation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This board is post nihilist egoist

We were always post-ironic neo-sincerity.

this is le water right? xD

ehhh

you are so sad user. you need to find some solace in sincerity, or else you will end up a depressed shitposter forever.

Then has Stirner been so aggressively memed here to the point of association with entire board?

I'm something of a optimistic nihilist myself

here is a video explaining my world view

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

looks like rick n morty

shit lads, i thought we were buddhist this week, and i've already dyed everything yellow

Because he's Veeky Forums's funniest joke

I keep hoping that if I read enough religious lit, it will cure me of my nihilism.

No luck so far.

Have you tried The Man Who Was Thursday yet? That's basically its stated purpose

it was fucked from the foundation

study Heidegger and the pre-socratics

Yeah. Fun wordplay and satire, weird ending. Didn't understand any religious point it was trying to make.

It will be until anyone in the world actually provides a legitimate argument against it. Until then anyone who believes they've moved beyond it after becoming aware is just deluding themselves

b-but muh traditionalism and archetypes!

Nihilism is common sense.
Life is what you make it, and if you're somebody who needs to cling on to some "greater" idea for meaning then try religion, it's alot easier.

conventional opinion is the ruin of the soul

>Axiomatic knowledge does exist and ad infinitum deconstructionism does not disprove natural law because there is a Darwinian and inherent basis to our morality which cannot be deconstructed on a neurological level
Veeky Forums's response
>SPOOK! FUCKING SPOOK! GET OFF OF MY BOARD SPOOK!
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Not always. You're just the type of person who's contrarian for the sake of it who only places value in things which make you feel special.
Not only can you not tell what is conventional and good, you can't even tell what is unconventional and good. The hipster doofus.

not until people stop saying "lads"

You can't really "turn against" nihilism once you know about it, especially egoism, since Stirner wasn't saying there's no point in life or that God doesn't exist, he was saying that everyone is either a voluntary or involuntary egoist and one should be a voluntary egoist even if God does exist.

Nihilism is true whether you choose to believe it or not

i was quoting the great sufi scholar and poet Sufi

you have plebbit normies to thank for that. i fucking hate all you normies who ruined Veeky Forums with your unironic le rick and morty pop philosophical, pseudo intellectual drivel desu desu
t. ironic pseudo intellectual autist

egoism is natural law

What is something a Nihilist would say?

>egoism is natural law
Ha! that's a decent meme kiddo, but you're 100 years to young to challenge me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_equation

haha
BOOM!
haha

Don't worry kiddo, you'll get em next time.
See you on the boards...

You love feeling smart on Veeky Forums don't u

Just remember that the logic behind nihilism produces an infinite regress and renders the concept of objective meaning itself bogus

>using an appeal to nature as a basis for morality
so i'm guessing your argument here is that altruism is moral due to price equation because it's in your best interests to have the best chance at spreading your genes. sounds like egoism to me

shitposting is the only thing I have anymore

>sounds like egoism to me
I would disagree, egoism would require you to put your own self interest above everything else. Propagating your species is self-serving, though not when it comes at the cost of your own life. That is why egoism is not the natural state of life.

hurr durr

so was nietzsche. being an 'optimistic nihilist' is the same thing as everyone else in the world. congrats. congrats on finding out nothing objectively matters and finding your own lifestyle.

maintaining the propagation of the species is always in your self interest, that's literally the point of kin selection

How can something possibly be in your self interest when it causes the total destruction of the self? There is no cause on earth that Stirner would believe is worth dying for.

>ultimate self interest is propagation
>that self interest is threatened
>any subsequent action to combat that is in your self interest

why follow the natural law of like

By what metric? You failed to address my point about self destruction being in-congruent with egoist, propagation satisfies a biological imperative and feels good solely because we are hardwired to want to do it. Children cost significant resources and time, and even if you successfully kids you will still die.

People do this because we are naturally inclined not to be purely self-serving but purely species serving.

working to satisfy the interests of the human race != egoism

By what metric? You failed to address my point about self destruction being in-congruent with egoist ideals, propagation satisfies a biological imperative and feels good solely because we are hardwired to want to do it. Children cost significant resources and time, and even if you successfully raise kids you will still die.

People do this because we are naturally inclined not to be purely self-serving but purely species serving.

working to satisfy the interests of the human race != egoism

that whole post and you didn't manage to make a single point. do you really believe that following a biological imperative is not in your self interests? why would you assume self preservation is the ultimate self interest, it's not even close; hence the death drive and so on
>working to satisfy the interests of the human race
there is no such thing, there is the interests of the individual which coincide with what most other individuals want

Just watch Neil de Grasse tyson videos and post on Reddit until the end of fucking time

Shit like this is produced by bourgeois think tanks to make the middle class complacent while the rich steals all their fucking money and uses literal slaves in the third world to make their trendy glitter iPhone cases.

Go sit in a park with your sweetie! (DON'T HAVE ONE, ALL SOCIAL RELATIONS HAVE DEGENERATED TO ORGYPORGY PROLEFEED NIGHTMARE)

Take Facebook tweet selfies of your stupid bullshit! (ENDLESSLY FOCUS ON DAY-TO-DAY PETTY SOCIALIZING AND LASCHIAN NARCISSISTIC GRANDSTANDING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ALL HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO LITERALLY PREHISTORICAL LEVELS OF HYPERGAMY IN A WHIRLING GYRE OF MEANINGLESS TINDER FACEFUCKING FOR THE SELECT FEW AND ELLIOT RODGER RESENTMENT FOR THE REST)

Consume trendy garbage and eat cool food :P!!!! (LITERALLY CHINESE NIGGER SLAVES MADE YOUR STUPID BULLSHIT "THINKGEEK.COM" BAUBLES AND DESIGNER STRETCHPANTS, IN ENDLESS WASTELANDS THAT RESEMBLE THE FACTORIES OF INDUSTRIAL ENGLAND MARX WROTE ABOUT IN COMPLETE HORROR)

These people are trying to thought control you into passively reclining and injecting low-effort Mythbusters reddit filth into your brain and ignoring the dull ache of meaninglessness and consumerist overstimulation from inhaling high fructose corn syrup and salt all fucking day

"Optimistic nihilism" is what rich faggots pay slightly less rich faggots to convince lumpenproles to think they're experiencing when they work in a cubicle for 45 years to finance a lifestyle of watching proles modify Nerf guns and design "man caves". Turn off the Youtube and develop some tastes and moral preferences taht an algorithm designed by Amazon can't predict and use to predict your entire life befoer you've evn lived it you peice of fucking shit

how many times are you gonna shill this shit on this board

> do you really believe that following a biological imperative is not in your self interests?

Following the biological imperative to give birth to and raise children? Sure. When you sacrifice your own life to save your kids? No, I don't believe so. Again, nothing is more important to an egoist than themselves. Not even their own kin would be worth dying for. You continue to only address part of my argument and not the whole thing.

>there is no such thing, there is the interests of the individual which coincide with what most other individuals want

If you want to define egoism as people doing whatever they want, even when what they want is wholly self destructive, then fine. But it renders the definition of egoism broad enough to make it almost meaningless.

It's not a conspiracy, it's human nature. Demand came first, then came the supply.

Not him but thanks for the advice

>Axiomatic knowledge
Explain what you mean by this
>there is a Darwinian and inherent basis to our morality which cannot be deconstructed on a neurological level
You really do not have to go to neurology to find a basis for our morality. Morality is in shared customs, beliefs etc. There may be some neurology underneath that as well. Calling it Darwinian seems to mystify what is actually going on in morality, which is not a set of laws but rather a system of how people relate to eachother. I would say it's much more "axiomatic" than knowledge

>Appeal to nature is the same thing as observing human nature and the modality of its mores across cultures and folk as influence on a genetic , and therefore inherent, level
Wew

There can be no sincerity in a post-ironic state of being. Once you've been ironic, you can only be sincere ironically, which is no sincerity at all, and the only possibility is being sincerely ironic, like Fr. Schlegel's romantic irony but without the possibility of reconciliation in the after-life.

>believing stuff just because it's true
>people are actually this plebian
Nothing is more babby tier than Nihilism

All of you infantile nihilists will soon grow up and realize that Traditionalism is the only way to save our culture from modernity and to uphold the Western Values that have saved us from the spiral of degeneracy countless times before.
Unless you only care about dudeweedlmao and leftism, in which case you're still living in a manufactured false consciousness and should take your crusty fedora back to >>>/reddit/.

Why are you so angry user

spooky

you're absolutely right but we're all condemned to that kind of life now, there's no place for an alternative in this system.

give me anything, I don't care, give me nationalism, communism, religion, anything that makes a group of people fight for something with passion
but you can't because we're past that point now. anything you offer me is integrated as a lifestyle, personal preference, commodity, subculture, etc.
your "traditionalism" is no different than other forms of larping

to find the something start drinking

I know this is copyposta. But he is still objectively correct.

dyinged

I'm tired of saying it but nihilism isn't prescriptive. You can't follow it.

what if i'm already an alcoholic?

I love how posturing nihilists always Know the world is meaningless. As if you understood epistemology at all, or you even had a good definition of meaning.

Your Nihilism will definitely get you nowhere, but that it Is or can even be true is meaningless outside of your human conceptions of what is. The objectivity that qualifies you as nothing is merely a striving towards something.

Optimistic nihilism is science as a religion, where the only negation is of each of our humanity.

Fucking hacks!

Ephoche is the way.

>muh human nature
Explain yourself.

You want semiotics, jung, heroes journey,and jordy be petey.

You just posted it

Or you can be sincere anagonist to combat the "ironic filth". Redemtion is a powerful theme in literature afterall.
I agree with you. Nihilism seems to be more of a mental state like depression,mania,or psychosis rather than an academic persuit. Mainly becuase of those that write about it usually just take it as a fact or truismand never really bother brining up arguments why nihilism may be the case. Its always "nihilism exists, be afraid, or be vigilant. "

>Nihilism seems to be more of a mental state like depression,mania,or psychosis rather than an academic persuit
I'm just trying to say that it's not worth discussing people "turning away from nihilism". Living under nihilism isn't synonymous with living without purpose or meaning. Nihilism is about objective truth while individual meaning is subjective.

Nihilism is a shitty way of thought because it takes responsability of circumstances out of your reach and enables you to turn into a worthless piece of trash because "lol, nothing matters"

Nihilism is the shittiest form of existensialism because it's basically starting to understand what meaning and purpose is but stopping halfway through and giving up on everything. If you really believe yourself to be a nihilist, then you have no hope and nihilism is the only truth since you have enabled the world to act that way and let it run over you instead of harnessing your will, whatever that may be, and fighting your war for purpose in a dying world.

Why? I recently started drinking (as well as smoking) and I already regret it.

Kinda hardfor people to grasp,
People seem to be more uncertain of themselves.
And while still an informal fallacy, most knowledge,and meaning is disseminated from authorities on the subject.
Once people hear that there is no solid foundation for knowledge they freakout go ape shit tell their parents to fuck themselves and start listening to music thats more akin to old tv static.

Take socratic definition of knowledge justified true belief . Nihilsm btfo's truth, with no truth belief just become opinions becuase the person doesnt feel so justified any more

Exactly. It reminds me of the serious confusions of language that arise during Free will debates.

start doing coke then

the regret is real, it's not some abstract term like "universal truth" it's right here and it affects you.

Nice ironic redemption