Goodreads thread

Goodreads thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1483/46/1483462709114.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy fuck dude that's gold

>didn't finish the book but write a review anyway
why do people do this?

>people actually think Gregor became a cockroach or other insect with no textual basis

Why aren't people embarassed when they post shit like this?

They think they are being funny.
Just like about 80% of Bible reviews there.

>bible reviews on goodreads
You are like a little baby
Watch this

Fuck meant for

A personal favorite

>Bible reviews
>Haha shit book for retards lol jesus dies spoiler xD marked as "fantasy" lol

>Qu'ran reviews
>Wow amazing changed my life beautiful amazing muslims are great :)

Really gets the noggin joggin

I'm lost for words

>Kara
>Alana
Women were a mistake.

And to think that 75 other people approve of this..
This is a monsterous level of stupidity

He literally didn't have to point out to other grandiose scientific breakthroughs to ridicule the book

KEK

Honestly, the fact that we somehow made one person read it unsuspectingly made the whole thing worthwhile.

What's that for? Behead all Satans?

tundra

Where can I find it?

>someone outside Veeky Forums actually read tundra

You don't want to.

I bought a hardcopy of Tundra the other day. It's in transit right now. Hoping to get it signed by some of the authors that visit my uni.

Not this guy but I am also interested in this book. Link?

Where do you buy a physical copy? A friend of mine wants to know..

"nice teen spacing redditbro" is the worst thing there

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1483/46/1483462709114.pdf

I also own a physical copy and i find it's only good for showing to people for the shock reaction, the actual writing isn't the least bit entertaining

I don't know, that page looks pretty engrossing to me.

Redpilled as fuck

Didn't know Seth Rogen wrote a book.

Honestly I think sexy boy pussy should have been on the trigger warnings

fucking Sebastian

This was a pleasant way to start my day.

1/3

2/3

3/3

Anyone else ever been down weird Veeky Forums related rabbit holes?

thanks

thats one of my favourite parts of the book though
the one about the "japanese" man

Good old Mark . See you at the board meeting.

>by ANONYMOUS
hol up

This is what reading YA fiction all your life does to a person.

Also from what I remember, didn't his family resent him for becoming an insect and they even tried to kill him at some point? I wouldn't exactly say that wasn't giving a damn.

> tfw can't read it

> Diary of Anne Frank review
> "You are alive!"

lmao Alana is a dick

Holy shit these bitches are a special kind of entitled

There's obviously a bunch of shit reviews all over Goodreads, but what I don't understand is clearly when the reviewer is wrong/heavily retarded, nobody really calls them out for it. They get multiple likes, multiple agreeing comments, etc.

Then you get reviewers who write long reviews but clearly appreciated the text, and they get diddly squat.

Goodreads is a real shithole, the only way one can use it properly is if your friend list is almost exclusively people who read the classics.

Any reviews of Heinlein's works are a treat.

Strong, smart wymen outsmarts white male author

I was always so smart xD but Gogol is just soooo boring

A story that has around 5000 words really is too long and hard to grasp. Modern authors could do it better!

At least they were considerate enough to apologise. I feel bad for anyone going into Dead Souls who is unaware that it was never finished, and what was finished was almost completely destroyed. It's an incomplete text and without knowing that you'd probably think you were meme'd.

even though they didnt like it they still gave free links to it so that's at least good

>Women

white nights IS shit though

Can't even meme this one.

Here's the translation if anyone's interested:

>another failed attempt by this author to organize human life, for the following reasons:
>it lacks intelligence and scientific content: the earth is flat, the sun spins around the earth, the mountains are pillars that steady the earth, and sperm comes from your vertebrae.
>claims are not backed by logical arguments
>plagiarizing pre-islam poets
>promoting a spirit of savagery in dealing with others
>Muhammad and Allah are playing some game and there's clear ambiguity regarding Muhammad's family and their leadership role
>the author suffers from deficiencies regarding the issue of how to allocate inheritance
>several grammatical and explanatory flaws

>There's obviously a bunch of shit reviews all over Goodreads, but what I don't understand is clearly when the reviewer is wrong/heavily retarded, nobody really calls them out for it. They get multiple likes, multiple agreeing comments, etc.
I think that's because they have a lot of equally retarded friends who liked and commented on their reviews. The ones who write legitimately good reviews aren't the ones who treat the site as social media, they have fewer friends who support them.

Why do women like fantasy so much? Go for any random fantasy book you can think of and the top five reviews are all likely to be written by women.

>or sell him to the circus
i would read that...

Lol.

Best one yet.

>Plus the treatment of women...
Jesus FUCKING Christ

I haven't read Solaris but this just reads like she missed the point over and over and over again

indeed she has.

The point was that in spite the fact that the ocean planet had conciousness a thing that the scientist suspected or knew it's main mode of communication with them was through the help of manifestations of people the scientist had known. But these manifestations were from a specific moment from each of their lives, generally something that left a mark on them and were unable to do anything outside that specific moment.

I think that Lem was trying to suggest that it would be nearly impossible to understand something alien, something so vastly different from us.

That's fair

So pleb it hurts.

Also it was strongly implied that Harey/Rheya cannot stand to be apart from Kelvin. In the sense of it being very painful for her/it.

Thanks.

He's saying all that with a Stirner avatar? Seems a bit...brave.