Should I be using a bookmark? Why or why not?

Should I be using a bookmark? Why or why not?

whatever man who cares

Insightful

No, finding your place again takes better understanding of the book

To remember where you are in the book.
What is the alternative? To fold dog ears in-between pages? Don't be a child.

To just remembering or searching

It's a bookmark how much fucking insight do you need

Atleast a good 300 word essay

Wipe your ass on the last page you were on. You'll find your way by the smell, you fucking dog.

If you've read a page then tear it out, pleb.

>not eating the pages you've read
that's how other people steal your thoughts, user-tan, be more careful

I dog ear. My books are all bent up and watermarked and dog eared. It demonstrates that I have sundered myself from petty material concerns; I care not about the quality of the paper on which the particular words are written, but only about the universal, eternal ideas that shine through the words. Paper corrodes regardless, as do our bodies; but the ideas, like the soul...

I tear the page out of the book when I'm done reading it.

>Not tearing out the next pages you plan on reading so that you can read on the go without carrying a heavy book around

And your comment demonstrates that you're a massive faggot.

>Reading a book yourself
>Having to use bookmarks to remember where you left off
>Not memorizing the entire book by having it read to you by a hobo you're paying in lunchables and cheap beer

i use an abortion pamphlet some fat girl gave me

Only if the bookmark has wacky pictures on it and cost half as much as the book you're reading.

mine has a list of the different publishers with a presence in some communist party book fair on it.

Buy a few second hand books. Go home and start reading one of them. A page is folded diagonally in half - not just the corner but the whole page. It's the first fucking page of chapter one. Control rage and keep reading... five pages later - the same thing. Yes, use a fucking bookmark.

i use old ram banks

>300 word essay

You must have an American education

Do what I do.
>use a tissue as a book mark
>let tissue infuse with comfy book smell
>once the book is done, blow your nose in the tissue as a send-off to the book

>Paper corrodes regardless
Paper that isn't high-acid shit actually holds up tremendously well. I've read books from the early days of the printing press - the paper is still white, whereas the binding had typically either been replaced or stiffened to the point that the book could only open at a tiny acute angle.

>Accidentally use the used tissue as a bookmark
>Book is now covered in snot

Perfect

>not being able to memorize the number of the last page you read.

I actually usually remember where I left off, even months later.

This is coming from someone who can't remember to brush his teeth most of the time.

Remember-mind