Rate my stack, Veeky Forums

Rate my stack, Veeky Forums

At least I believe you've read them all, which is more than I can say for most Veeky Forums stacks

xxxxcdcc

I thought the purpose of these threads was to show off the books you'd just bought, which would suggest that not having read them yet was an integral part of the premise

They're probably secondhand.

Oh... I thought it was all the books you've bought in your life...

Nah. All from my monthly allowance

My stack from the last month or so. Also not pictured is Tom Perratta's "Mrs. Fletcher," which I also purchased, and finished yesterday; it was OK (some of the parts about campus feminist thought were hilarious) but on the whole pretty plainly written.

Burgess is good. I suppose the musical stuff is OK if you're into that (are they scores? Or the stage directions, or...?). The rest is pretty trash though.

That is indeed the point of these threads.

>Norm
kino

What does kino even mean in the context of literature?

>Allowance
2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

pls no bully

is Heart of Darkness really that small? for some reason i always thought it was a doorstopper

That's the specially edited one with all the racism taken out.

Yes, it's a novella.

Nothing there that merits bullying. You have a bunch of good reads in front of you, user. Good job!

>DFW he jest.

It's really small, average of 150pgs. People tend to think doorstopper because of apocalypse now.

In reality, it's a very short story about a boat looking for a legendary guy. Most of the later scenes of apocalypse now are only subtly implied in the book.

Do you buy books from Amazon third party sellers? Which ones are good inside Europe

all library books except m&d, which i picked up for a nice £1.50

Some of the smartest people I know are really into comic books. Personally I've never been able to get into them. Part of me wants to, another part just says screw it, stick to text.

Reading Wright made me angry for about a week- at pretty much everything. The book won a Pulitzer (or NBA?) for a reason. Puts (you) there. Other titles by him are good as well, but Looming was hard for me to put down.

Had I not read over half of what youre showing i suppose i could fly off the handle or something. The comics are all solid, the books (even Conrad) quick and fun.

*oops- meant Club and Orange.

read the book and find out

>Praise of Folly

My nigga