ITT comfy philosophy

ITT comfy philosophy

Let's face it. Nietzsche's great appeal is due in large part to the comfiness of his style. Berkeley and Bergson and Bachelard are all comfy in lengthy spots. William James in Variety, Tocqueville and Schopenhauer in the essay portions of their major works.... Fine numbers.

Kierk can be pretty comfy

Now that we all got comfy
what would be the opposite?
i'm guessing the autistic analytic dudes?

I can't decide if Cioran is comfy or definitely non-comfy

about halfway through this. even though it's difficult to get your head around the more abstract stuff the lack of anxiety in it all makes me feel maximum comfy.

Gottlob Frege
GWF Hegel
WVO Quine

all uncomfy

all philosophy was pretty comfy before women and jews got involved.

also nice quads pham

plato
aristotle

you lying to youself nigba

I got this book in at the library today despite the fact I didn't order it. Is this a sign or is someone fucking with me?

Wait. Frege's long essay on the number One is comfy, the Quiddities are comfy, and Hegel's lectures in their entireness (about 2000pp) are pretty fucking comfy. sayin'....

Start with Boethius.

refute our theory all you want, we stayin comfy

This

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

I couldn't imagine anything uncomfier

Oh... well, maybe they are just comfy to me because I spent so much time with them. To me they are so far the only books where you can really lose yourself into. They build an entire world around you and eventually, starting at the end of the first critique and part way through the second, accumulating in the third, you feel raised above everything, and for the first time in your life truely free. The critiques are like the moment you begin to warm under a blanket in the winter, or when you put on brand new socks, or being around a friend you're truely comfortable with.

Did you study them academically or in your own time

Montaigne's Essays

I would say the New Testament presents about the comfiest philosophy there could possibly be. In a nutshell, if your fellow man man falls down, you help him up. Treat others as you like to be treated. If you forfive others then you yourself will be forgiven, and if you judge and hold grudges the same awaits you. What could be comfier than that?

And I realize comparative religion and sacred texts are orders of magnitude above mere philosophy, but that doesn't mean religion doesn't encompass philosophy among many other things.

Fucking this.
Also Anatomy of Melancholy

> Kant
> comfy

Being locked in a room with nothing but Kant's works for eternity is what I imagine hell is like

This
The opposite of comfy are the modern philosophers who don't shut up about muh race and muh wymyn.

Dude. I love loVE LOVE the Judgement Critique, by far and away the comfiest of the three.

>What could be comfier than that?
Not helping your fellow man if you don't feel like it.