Anyone here read Stephen King's it? Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town...

Anyone here read Stephen King's it? Why do the adults just ignore all the shit that goes on in that town? Like all the missing kids. Why not move? Or try to figure out what's going on?

Because it affects their minds. They do however, move a lot.

As the book goes on, it shows that many people are aware of IT, or may have even seen it themselves, but they either ignore it or don't understand it. Some seem aware and kind of accept it though. But like I said, a lot of people do leave town, during it's feeding stages, there's always a mass migration out of town.

What was the meaning behind the underage gangbang?

Why is this same picture used to make a stupid thoughtless post about that pulpy book every day? OP is it you that makes this same thread every day? Have you not read it and are hoping to read it by getting people to respond and tell you about it?

The migrations out of town are also one reason why many of the murdered people are never reported, because it's assumed they just left town.

They're trapped in the sewers and realize they have to stop being kids in order to get out so they therefore no longer kids

It means that being underage is the perfect time, and the sewer is the perfect place for a gangbang. I've found this to be true as well.

I understand it's a fictional book but let's be real here if this many people and kids disapeared in 1 town there'd be an FBI investigation

They bring that up in the book a lot of times, the explanation is that IT won't allow it. It is basically the town itself, and can affect everything in it.

it's also implied that IT has a habit of getting others to do it's dirty work, like with henry bowers. but they also mention the police chief was involved in that gangland shooting. So it has a habit of making other complicit in it's crimes, so that they're willing to cover up for it, whether they're aware of it or not.

Because King's a hack tbqh.

Pennywise did some sort of mind juju on them or some shit, if I remember right (read the book years ago).

Coming together on a psychosexual level in order to overcome obstacles, and not just the first half of psychosexual.
King sometimes has tie ins to baby tier psychology, Freudian and otherwise.

Is IT a good first Stephen King book to read? Haven't read anything from him. Gonna start reading IT when I get my hands on it.

What the fuck is It? Some kind of interdimensional malevolent entity?

Also am curious about this

Stephen King considers it his best work and his "masterpiece" if that means anything to you. He took the most time and effort in writing it he said.

I'll give it a go! Thanks for taking your time to reply

Literally explained before it happens.

It controls weak willed people so they turn a blind eye to what's going on. Many people do notice, but they move the fuck away. However, outside it's influence they quickly forget everything about the city.

Pretty much. Its a being accidentally created by a god when he created this universe.

Go for the short story collections, they're much better. If you demand a novel, Pet Semetery, The Shining, Cujo are much better

Why does he call The Dark Tower his Magnum Opus then you fuckwit

read Pet Sematary a few years back around this time and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it, especially since it's one of those stories where I already knew the general synopsis and what was coming

the movie on the other hand... pretty bad. the book was gripping and allowed me to get into the story and then I watched the movie and it was laughable, just can't take it seriously

Why do people like this writer? What's his appeal?

really easy reading, lacking though not devoid of substance, thrilling stories usually incorporating elements of horror, the supernatural, sometimes post-apocalyptic.... sounds like perfect combo for mass appeal to me

I havent finish It but im really close to the end.

To be honest I prefer the shining.

because the author is a fucking pedophile...

>Why not move
literally all the kids from the main plot moved except for one

because that's a multipart story with multiple books. IT is a single book.

No i'm a pussy when it comes to animals, especially pets, dying. I miss all my dead pets... If there's dead dogs i'm out. Nope.

Get off Veeky Forums, you uneducated fucker.

> defending pedo Stephen
> has the ridiculous audacity to tell others to "get off Veeky Forums"

no pedophilia in his books and even if there was he's not a pedo the characters are.

I don't give a fuck about Stephen King, his books are trash. I do however give a fuck about that user's complete ignorance regarding how to read and interpret a book.

It sounds like a lazy cop-out.
>It is just le cosmic horror so powerful it deviates FBI investigation

Light of my life, fire of my loins.

Precisely.

Most coming of age stories have a sexual undercurrent to them, since it's about kids becoming adults and muh hormones, etc. It's usually relayed through imagery in a roundabout way, to give a "sense" of that odd combination of nostalgia and confusion that hallmarks adolescence, and how childish things need to be put away in order to grow up.

But since Stephen King is a weird space alien who doesn't understand human emotion andalso writes like a 13-year old ESL student, he sat down and went "gee, how do I imbue my coming of age 1950's Americana epic with a subtle sexual undertone? I know! They have a gangbang in a sewer!"

And the rest is history

> thinking Stephen's books need to be "interpreted"
Lay off the sauce, bruh. Stephen King is a cokehead and a pedo, and that's the only reason he wrote pedo scenes into his novels. Nothing here to "interpret".

what about his writing is like a 13 year old esl student?

nothing about his books are pedo

No. Furthermore, fuck off. It's your assertion that just because there is a sex scene between minors, the author must be a pedophile to which I take objection. That kind of thinking is a cancer on the literary community.

agreed

Teenagers have sex. Shocker right? Fuck that. PRETEENS have sex.

Not really, as the book actually does go into a lot of detail as to why these things are never investigated. Most them have been mentioned, when the killings start people tend to disappear, move away from town, so many of the deaths are never noticed. IT also gets a lot of help from other people who it makes consciously or unconsciously complicit in IT's killings.

Plus, analyze what you just said there. I think if something was powerful enough to come from another dimension, haunt an entire town and take control of people's minds in it, then yeah it probably could derail an fbi investigation.

IT is pretty much the avatar of a Lovecraftian deity, so him being hax isn't so strange in-lore

I just started reading this and it's actually pretty great, read like the first 250 pgs tonight. Seems like IT puts some kind of fog over the townspeople so they never question all the tragedies/missing people.

As far as I remember, it's from the point of view of the kids. It has to be read keeping that perspective in mind. The kind of things seem possible when you're young. Or at least it was when I was.

Nothing at all. That user is insecure and cannot recognize good writing, so he shits on whatever is popular to feel special. He'll learn better some day.