Veeky Forums, I would like to have a nuanced discussion with you...

Veeky Forums, I would like to have a nuanced discussion with you. This is the only place capable of having them any more. Let's maintain our intellectual honesty and police ourselves while we have this discussion, preferring not to devolve into race debates.

I've been analyzing Ben Shapiro through a "Nietzschean" lens. Specifically, slave versus master morality - neither one being particularly better than other.

See, the paradox I seek to resolve is this: If Ben Shapiro (who is Jewish) should be understandably "part of" the slave morality type, how is his political stance aligned with Traditional American Values (TAV)? And what does this say about the current state of morality in the U.S.?

Please, if you need to refute not someone's argument, but the content of their argument or understanding of Nietzsche (or any mentioned authority) please use citations so we can all understand your criticism.

Is this bait?
Holyshit kill yourself either way

We're off to a good start.

>literature

fuck off to or

Well, I would think the big problem with OP's post is that he doesn't know that master slave dialectic is a Hegelian lens, originating in Phenomenology of Spirit.

So, that you understand that as a Nietzschean lens would be the sum of my problem with your post, being the only part that could be considered literary to refute and being such an easy point to refute.

I would like to respond but I wrote out a post in the last thread and then it was deleted. Is this going to stay up?

Explain

How is the Master-Slave Dialectic a Hegelian lens, other than that it is a form of Dialectic? Nietzsche discusses both in false-opposition, that they are both without value.

it's impressive how much americans are bad at reading philosophy

Sorry about that. This one will stay up.

These are my favorite posts. I love when I come here to have a discussion, and instead of improving one another and seeking to share our understanding or have a meaningful debate, we critique from the standpoint of "I'm clearly more intelligent, therefore I need not apply."

Thank you for your participation. I'm sure your upcoming publication on Buzzfeed "How to win any argument by not participating in it," will be a breath of fresh air in the 5-cent philosophy community.

The fact that I didn't post this in /pol/ should convince you of my sincerity. Though, there really is no way to know for sure unless you stop being so jaded as to believe every post is here to troll you. Irony as trolling ruined us.

I think you are equating with adhering to religious tradition as syntactic formulation. Ben is Jewish, sure - but, he makes it clear that he is first and foremost an Conservative. Jewish Conservatives can exist. What you are truly asking is "Are Traditional American Values" "slave morality"? In which case, I'm not sure how to answer just yet.

Shapiro is actually advancing slave morality by distorting "traditional values" and presenting a version of them that is non-race-based and predicated upon abstract, universalist ideas, i.e., a system that is good for jews. The traditional values Nietzsche was talking about were aristocratic values based on strength, and he said jews (like Shapiro) are the primary group undermining and distorting those values to weaken society and pave the way for jews to assert influence.

Pretty sure Nietzsche never heard Shapiro talk

neck urself

delete this and never post here ever again, I'm shaking

y

>I'm shaking
Parkinsons maybe?

this. holy fuck plz leave

>he reads and listens to American political commentators

this is most informative response itt

Because it's literally what viewing history through a Hegelian lens means. He didn't originate what is commonly called "the Hegelian dialectic", which is from Fichte, of course, but the idea of "Master-Slave Dialectics", (or, more properly, Lordship and Bondage), is specifically a Hegelian lens.

Nietzsche refutes viewing though that lens, as you outlined, so what you want to discuss is actually Hegel.

Traditional American Values:

>boo aristocracy, plebby wants freedums >:)
>everyone equal!
>there is no bad taste
>praise christ

literally slave morality the nation

>everyone equal!
>there is no bad taste
>praise christ
None of these are Ben