Roberto Bolaño Thread

Roberto Bolaño Thread

> tfw no qt uneducated prostitute gf

Is Bolano the best novelist not to kill himself?

Well, he technically did. But slowly and indirectly.

I'm waiting for my used copies of By Night in Chile and Amulet to arrive.

Working my way up to the big boys, you see...

le generic vanguardist leftist writer

no thanks bye

“He chose The Metamorphosis over The Trial, he chose Bartleby over Moby-Dick, he chose A Simple Heart over Bouvard and Pecuchet, and A Christmas Carol over A Tale of Two Cities or The Pickwick Papers. What a sad paradox, thought Amalfitano. Now even bookish pharmacists are afraid to take on the great, imperfect, torrential works, books that blaze paths into the unknown. They choose the perfect exercises of the great masters. Or what amounts to the same thing: they want to watch the great masters spar, but they have no interest in real combat, when the great masters struggle against that something, that something that terrifies us all, that something that cows us and spurs us on, amid blood and mortal wounds and stench.”

Veeky Forums in s nutshell

>translation

Has anone read the Skating Rink?

The left only makes it better

fav quote.

Does anyone have Consejos de un discípulo de Morrison a un fanático de Joyce?

>Bolaño

>generic
>vanguardist
>leftist

>Bolaño
>Generic

das a gut quote mane

>Bolano

KEK

Spanish Pynchon

innit tho

sounds like a bunch of commie goobily gook

Ready Player One tier.

It's pretty easy to find in pdf user.

>great, imperfect, torrential works, books that blaze paths into the unknown
Are you retarded? The meme trilogy Veeky Forums loves to jerk off to is exactl that, not to mention any chart with the top 100 books by Veeky Forums always consists majorly of books like that. At least browse Veeky Forums before you make fun of it.

explain yourself

literally the type of pseud Bolaño laughs at in his novels

i know i am missing one and autism won't let me start with bolaño until i have them all. Not at home so I am not sure which I am missing. If it's pretty easy to find it isn't that one

Patrician

By Night in Chile = His best novel

Or at least his best short work

no

I've read The Savage Detectives and 2666 and enjoyed them both. Do any of his other works stand up to these or have I already read his best?

By Night in Chile and Distant Star are shorter works, but still gold

Some of his short stories in Last days on earth are very good, like standalone chapters that you get in Savage Detectives.

do you just put words together in hopes of seeming smart? it aint working

the english version sounds so different in tone. the spanish sounds more formal, almost colloquial. This sounds like an english teacher rantiing to his class. mybe because it is a literal translation?

Yes, Loved it. Original spanish. The mayor was kinda of a shit character but otherwise lovely little book.