In creative writing class at university

>in creative writing class at university
>writing poems
>my professor says we should never rhyme in poems, she hates it

What the fuck? Why is rhyming considered so bad? I think it can often give a poem a lovely sense of rhythm, or make lines very impactful. Has anyone else had professors like this? Is rhyming considered unprofessional?

>in creative writing class at university
>paying for a creative writing class
You deserve it.

don't know, to be honest.

But what I do know is that the only people who voted for Donald Trump are rural and suburban retards who wish they could fuck their own relatives.

City people and intelligent people all voted for Hillary Clinton.

Your professor is stupid, but what is true is that it's much harder to write good rhyming poetry than it is to write good non-rhyming poetry.

No, you're professor just is a talentless hack.

just write whatever random shit comes to your mind and say its deep post-modern poetry.

>don't write poetry
>just write prose and use stupid formatting like real poets

>she
thats the problem. female professors, especially in humanities/art courses, are intolerable.

real poets
write
lowercase
fight
formatting
trite
critiquing
might
perceiving
slight

Rhyming goes in and out of fashion. Your prof probably bans it because beginner rhyming is super cringe.

user that bait is too obvious keep practicing

I thought it was a fart but it was actually a poop.

between her
the moon

I think students should be free. Rhyming is only considered bad in this case by your professor. Die hard for the rhymes. The soul might be worth the C in her eyes

now this is some true poetry i can connect with on a personal level

>creative writing class

Here's a poem I wrote which is a perfect example of what your teacher is trying to express. 'Never' is a fucking retarded word for a professor to use, but, nonetheless, what she means is don't focus solely on your rhyme. You can write poetry without rhyme, but you really can't write poetry without meter. And when you disregard the former for the latter, you get something like this:

>Harvest Moon

Peach and pumpkin skies settle
into boysenberry eve
laid top an earthen mantle-
rising ravenous moon's gleam
consuming such sweetly glow-
who's homely stove fades below.

Childish flames lick breathlessly
the empyreal delights,
clacking whispered recipes
about its kindler's guise-
unassertive, aimless descants
filling the encrusted lowlands.

Perched, eyeing the savory stars,
just before a peripheral frame,
a faux dome of delight chars.
Copper-wire, concrete blades
conduct bites cut from peace-
ful treats appetizing dreams and sleep.

Though it rhymes, the rhythm is atrocious. It hardly comes off as poetry even though it is formatted as such. This is what your professor is trying to say, but they clearly need to take a step back and reconsider their method of teaching. To say you should NEVER rhyme is absolutely ridiculous.

this phenomenon is rampant and yet bluepilled sheep will still insist cultural marxism doesn't exist.

Just goes to show how extreme liberal cognitive dissonance can be.

Getting real tired of this bait, but I have a Pavlovian response whenever I see this shit. The cultural marxists were on your side, /pol/. You fucking retards.

>impactful
you're already too far gone

because none of the brainlets in your class will have any understanding of meter, and rhyme without meter inevitably becomes schlock