Literature about dead cities please

Literature about dead cities please.

Other urls found in this thread:

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/te.aspx
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C A R C O S A

my diary desu

Preferably with gothic architecture, as in the OP high res photograph.

hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/te.aspx

Have fun

But everyone who is well read has already read these. What about some literature that goes deeper than these, in the vein of Poe, and further on?

Bump.

Experienced readers, please answer.

The Iliad

Imaginary cities, not quite the answer but whatever.

The Brass City in 1001 Nights.

What's the image from?

also curious

angel's egg I guess

Bump

Kafka

every bible verse about babylon

You are correct. The art is by Yoshitaka Amano. "Angel's Egg" is a powerfully thought-provoking movie, it's easily unlike any you've ever seen.

The graffiti from Pompei?

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

The Immortal by Borges

Gene Wolfe’s "Tracking Song" (I think it was that one) and "Seven American Nights" contain this theme; as does "The Book of The New Sun" if you count "dying" / half-dead.

Pedro Páramo

>"Tracking Song" (I think it was that one) and "Seven American Nights"

I read both of these and I don't remember it appearing in either. If you have the time, could you post the quotes here, please?

A Flag for Sunrise has a chapter near the end set in an old ruined Central American temple. They finally decipher the lost tribe's writing and discover that human sacrifice was all that they bothered to write about.

rings of saturn, by sebald

"Andreas or the United" by Hugo von Hofmannsthal. Funny, this came to my mind immediately, but, rereading it now, it turns out it is very fragmentary. It is about a young Austrian nobleman coming to Venice and finding the city almost empty.

Only in death, a Warhammer 40k novel

Roadside Picnic

Blood Meridian

At the Mountains of Madness

Just finished that book, seriously amazing.

god, i think it was "the magician's nephew" wherein the main characters were running through dead cities after the universe was sung into existence.

The Road, and I Am Legend spring to mind.

When I made this post I had His Darkest Materials in mind. I just wanted something less steeped in the supernatural, though those fit the request well.

was going to say that

I don't know, I watch some p. weird stuff

Topology of a Phantom City by Alain Robbe-Grillet

"NO"

As much as I like the idea of Dhalgren, the execution was quite tedious. My best answers for it are the Strugatskies.

In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan.

Invisible Cities