Is there anything more pseud than a literary tattoo...

Is there anything more pseud than a literary tattoo? My friend has a full sleeve--which is fine--but the quotation that I just learned is in that sleeve just seems weird.

To each their own. As long as they don’t act like a pretentious shit I don’t see a problem with it, its subtle.

tell him he should've sewn it on a pillow instead

respect god's handiwork or burn

Yes, something more "pseud" is pretending to have read books that you haven't.

I think you'll find God invented tattoos as well, user.

>its subtle
How the fuck is permanently marking a phrase onto your body subtle

I dunno. I kinda fancied a small Behemoth in the Sailor Jerry style, smoking a cigar with a bit of brandy or something

When I was eight I accidentally stabbed myself with a pencil and I still have a gray smudge under the skin. A-am I going to hell?

This website is hell, user you made it.

:o

amor fati across the knuckles

But it seems that the point of the tattoo is to impress those who see it or to spark a conversation on the quote. The friend in question has Poe's "I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" in her sleeve. Is she just an edgemaster?

I have another friend with "Welp... see ya later" (Dumb and Dumber) on the inside of his foot. That was more for the sake of irony, though.

It depends. If the intention is to satisfy yourself because you enjoy the work then it's fine but if you get one from a book you haven't read, some edgelord quote, or for pure conversation you're a fucking psued.

>girl with poe quote on body
Things just keep getting better and better don't they.

i know someone with a tattoo of: "t T" for the big T, little t in dfw's this is water speech. i kid you not

I'm planning on getting "I can't go on. I'll go on." on my right side at some point. Idk, I love Beckett.

I am also getting Warsh Me on my ass, but that's a whole other thing.

You haven't even heard about the nipple rings yet

I have a behemoth, but he's taking off a guy's head. I am saving up to have it removed.

>But it seems that the point of the tattoo is to impress those who see it or to spark a conversation on the quote.
Maybe for some. This is not why I have tattoos. I am quite shy about them although I am normally a very extraverted person, and I generally try to cover them up evn though they give me a sense of pride. They are personal. For me they have two purposes. They act as a sort of rite of passage, not so much the act of getting it, but as an acknowledgement of something important that I have been through. Second, as a reminder to myself of something that is important that should not be lost to my personality. These signified things are very abstract and difficult to put into words, so the tattoos are symbolic.

I understand this might not be why everyone gets them but for me these are sincerely the reasons. I don't have any words or phrases, though, but I can see how a very good word of phrase might be used to signify something more abstract. I'm sure the authors would be happy about that.

>text
>not pictogramic sigils

i don't recommend getting an eye, though, it created a sorted a disturbance in my subconscious that I only just recently smoothed out

>it created a sorted a disturbance in my subconscious
Go on

What would you guys think of me getting a tramp stamp of the quote " All extremes except extreme devotion to the enemy are to be encouraged " ?

Anything other than ethnic symbols are trashy. Quotations are among the worst because not only do they signal the pseud they are also aesthetically displeasing.

I just don't understand why people require a physical reminder to remember either something they like or a part of their personality/a significant experience - surely having a small picture of something on your arm wouldn't be the only thing stopping/enabling you to do something

Where's your force of will and your actual personality? Why do you need to be reminded of who you are through your physicality

Show a pic dude!

Well this is the fundamental disagreement, isn't it? I can't explain why it feels appropriate for me but it just does. For you, it doesn't. I don't see a problem with that.

But the quote in itself would be ironic to get, especially as a tramp stamp because I disagree with it and it is ment to be disagreed with (as C.S. Lewis intended)

im thinking of getting a tattoo in greek loosely based on a phrase i read in my ancient greek class

what do you think lit

bonus for anyone who can translate it
‘ἐν σοὶ νῦν ἐστὶ ἢ kαταδουλῶσαι σεαυτος ἢ μνημόσυνῆν λιπέσθαι ἐς τὸν ἅπαντα ἀνθρώπων βίον

> and then the murders began xd

I'm gonna get, "Isn't it pretty to think so?" tattooed on my neck so the hoes can know I ain't a romantic.

Don't just stare at it. Eat it.

It's just conspicuous consumption for the student loan classes.