Why did people start using "postmodernism" to describe everything they don't like?

Why did people start using "postmodernism" to describe everything they don't like?

>Why did people start using "postmodernism" to describe everything they don't like?

Emotivism. Nietzsche and Kant.

i dunno ask me in your theoretical future where this still probably wouldnt happen, you fucking pseud.

Who is the comedian being referenced here?

because postmodernism itself allows it.

Does someone have the video of Peterson talking about Frozen?

Because there is no solid connection between the sign and the signifier. What ever you mean by post modernism is irrelevant. I take it to mean 'things I don't like'

cuz post-modernisn is both meta and cynical.

>why did people start using "post modernism" to describe post modernism, by post modern thinkers?
Right around the same time post modern thinkers started thinking, I'd wager.

>Muh Christianity

So do you believe Jesus is God incarnate and rose from the dead?

>Well well i mean it's complicated and uh hero cycle and uh good morals n sheitt 4 society but I mean I don't really believe all that nonsense

Wat a pleb

When rational professors started to realize philosophical systems based on relativism was being used by neo-marxist's political agenda. Honestly it was about time

Reminder for all visiting /pol/fags that the leading contributor to philosophical post-modernism was a L I T E R A L Nazi

Literal

>post modernism
spotted the smoothbrain

Why does lit pretend it has an understanding of postmodernism that is better than peterson's?

I always wonder what the creator of this image decided to redact after the word 'silly'

But Peterson worships Heidegger

You're dumb. You're using an argument about philosophy. That doesn't mean that you can take words and give them the meaning you like, you stupid fuck. Wittgenstein would violently rape you.

>That doesn't mean that you can take words and give them the meaning you like, you stupid fuck.
That's where you're wrong kiddo. What ever I consider to be post modernism is just as valid as what ever you consider it to be.

It is a trend now emerging among anglo-saxons without capacity for theoretical thinking (lit included) to react to everything that challeges their positivistic worldview (which they take as the universal) using terms like "postmodern", "Marxist", in more radical cases "degenerate", "jewish" and so on. One has only to follow discussions about modern art, freud, philosophers/thinkers attributed to post-modernism to notice it.

Of course the irony of this overly explicit "anti-marxism/postmodernism" discourse is it's paradoxical nature, because someone who uses "postmodernism" to describe philosophical-political wrongdoings of others ascribe themselves as "rational/scientific/just" and etc. in the classic opposition between feels and reels. What is symptomic in this overly explicit declaration of rationality (or defense against irrationality) is that there's none of it. Someone like [sic] doctor Peterson hasn't even grasped the idea of questioning main concepts that he uses, wrongly conflates one concept with the other (he is literally the sophist in the diallogues of Plato). Most of the discussions of postmodern art, philosophy, Freud (there is currently a thread about him) on Veeky Forums resort to oversiplifications, reducting whole system of thoughts to a slogan/few words, name calling (Jews behind this and behind that).

Of course the irony of this is that post-modern thinking, so feared shamanistic theory of psychoanalysis offers the conceptual tools to explain something like irrational defence mechanisms (simplification, reduction of something that threatens my worldview, ego with the goal of decontaminating it). Also absolutely imaginary nature of the figure of the Jew, which is literally the same trick that Nazis used, that is; projecting into something that is hard to understand a figure of an Other (I cant understand the state of affairs ergo something imaginary is behind this - reptiloids, jews, aliens etc.) who has access to jouissance.

TL;dr: my view is that misuse and abuse of certain concepts referring to postmodernism/marxism/psychoanalysis is the result of anxiety that is triggered from attempt (and subsequent failure if there is any) to understand current state of affairs (social/political) or "post-modern" theory.

Postmodern means nonsensical, devoid of value, irrationally anti tradition, theyre all interchangeable you dumb fuck

Imagine being this triggered becqausev someone saif something negative abour Frozen

Joe Rogan.

I've never read anything more wrong in my life.

You're just proving my point

>tfw /pol/tard but never fell for the jordan retardson meme

According to Postmodernism, you're right.

Cause it's another scapegoat and something to rally together to fight with my friends cause i'm a massive spooked faggt.

It looks like he started typing "non-binary" but ran out of space so he went to the next like.

this post is unironically postmodern...the all-over-place stream of consciousness, no thought lasts a full sentence, no reference to anything outside of personal opinion etc, bravo

because people are pseuds

Why's that?

That's modernism.

it's college freshman bravado

Poo poo pee pee haha suck my dick. This self-referecing post is a testament to women's suffrage and the oppression of minorities at the hands of Nazis. Shit poop. Sucks for you that I have found my personal truth

this, its literally a branch OUT from reality in the realm of fantasy and disorder, theres no thing beyond old or new, traditional vs modern etc. how do these idiots still fight over the dumbest shit

there is a diffrence between complex language and complex ideas, the purpose of writing is to present not confuse, learn to write clearly and distill, also you must have a point before starting in the first place

Because Peterson doesn't understand postmodernism at all.

dude y-yea bro aha yalla swag ma g we all dope naw mean

Who knows? Life is a mystery. Everyone must stand alone

1970?

Because ever since the sophists, people who argue there is no objective pole for ethical action have been frustrating as all hell and undermine any attempt to create a cohesive and collective identity and goal. So postmodernism as a "thing" by definition represents those outside the objective philosophy that anyone believes is. They are the self described out group to any group that claims metaphysical authority.

kek
better than op's

Brilliant. I really want someone to send this to Sam.

postmodernism/poststructuralism are both lazy terms misattributed to various french philosophers in the 20th century by retarded anglos. there really is no underlying philosophical "stance" among people like Lacan, Derrida or Deleuze, it's just useful for some people to speak about them as if they are one entity

dude, did you listen to not 1 but 2 dialogues between harris and peterson? what the fuck is wrong with you?

People have disliked the postmodernists for some time. They were a far better follow up to Nietzsche than the analytics were, but they were still a lousy follow up.

yeah their schools of thought are literally incompatible too
deleuze btfos both of them

best post

Everyone uses words they've warped to be broad as fuck to describe everything they don't like, even if you think you don't, I guarantee you do. Cuck, fascist, nazi, racist, liberal, lefty, right-wing, misogynist, etc. 90% of the use cases of these terms render them as a meaningless negative mash, avoiding actually saying anything as much as possible and instead implying some item is negative, in a raw, purely emotive fashion. The user were spitting shifting emotion at a target as opposed to exchanging thoughtful and nuanced concepts.

>the all-over-place stream of consciousness, no thought lasts a full sentence, no reference to anything outside of personal opinion
I'm pretty sure that's modernism you're describing, not postmodernism

Because the hallmark of postmodernism is its overwhelming emphasis on empiricism.

That translates in our time to "whatever I feel to be true, is."

Imagine being this sophistic.

this post is unironically postmodern...the all-over-place stream of consciousness, no thought lasts a full sentence, no reference to anything outside of personal opinion etc, bravo