So william burroughs just head shotted his wife at a party and killed her for fun?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Vollmer#Death

Other urls found in this thread:

dangerousminds.net/comments/note_from_the_final_days_of_william_burroughs_jr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, pretty much. I'm surprised his fans keep making excuses for him.

>I am forced to the appalling conclusion that I would have never become a writer but for Joan’s death
And this is how you join the postmodern movement

degenerate fags do that

Everything is fun when you're on drugs. He was high off his mind, then got high off his mind again to write The Naked Lunch. He didn't even remember writing it.

Wow this is actually horrifying. Fuck him.

And he didnt stop his faggot friends from raping his teenaged son

link

Eh, shit happens. Hippie chicks are a diamond dozen anyway

Great. Makes me hate the fucker even more.

disgusting

damn dude another pizza ad! hopefully it bumped a peterson ad into viral marketing death

cool conscpiracy faggot

Well, they were all pretty damn drunk and instable. Perhaps "fun" is also not the best choice of word. But yes.
However, I don' really see the problem people seem to have with it.

what about it do you not find to be a problem? also, see other post about him letting people rape his teenage son

>link

dangerousminds.net/comments/note_from_the_final_days_of_william_burroughs_jr

I literally couldn't go on living if I did something like this. I don't understand how he could live with himself.

>However, when Jurado [Burrough's attorney] fled the country after accidentally shooting and killing a trespasser on his property — a child of a government official — Burroughs re-entered the United States, where he was fortunate that Louisiana had not issued a warrant for his arrest on the previous narcotic charge. In absentia, Burroughs was convicted of manslaughter in Vollmer's death. He received a two-year suspended sentence.

Jesus Christ, Mexico

What do find so problematic about him shooting her? She agreed to partake in the game.

>he thinks ones of the most profitable industries of our era is a conspiracy

stay corn cobby my dude

>he moves the goalposts

stay a faggot my guy

But both of them were drunk therefore there was no possible consent whatsoever.

In any case, involving your love in a game that can result in death, or playing with guns _at_all_ is pretty fucking stupid and sentenceable to prison.

Drunk people kill each other, user. It's just what they do. Let's be happy she died and didn't have to live with horrible consequences of what might have happened. It's not that big a deal.
Who cares about one life more or less? If you want to get angry and judge people, why not judge those that pollute our Air, Trees and Water, kill or entrap the Animals and, instead of just ending them, make our lives dull and unsatisfying? Our people sickly? Cause constant pain or sickness of the mind, instead of sweet relief?
What's worse? Living a life in pain and bore or nothingness (or making a new life for yourself, from scratch or based on your past actions, who knows)?

>william burroughs just head shotted his wife
Actually, that happened quite some time ago.
Good old Billy even wrote a book or two in the meantime! How crazy is that?

I don't think anyone's a fan of his because they think he was a good guy, it's more a morbid fascination thing.

is he /our guy/?

>She got killed, like, what a big deal, man, what about politiliansc, they do be the real criminis, like, nature and stuff, it's dying, so, humans, they are shit, but who are you to judge, man?

Laws exist for a reason. Burroughs evaded law on the most tomfuckery of terms. And if you can't see that both of them were guilty of irresponsible behavior, try waiting until the weed wears off.

that and behind all the cut-up madness is a great prose stylist.

>Laws exist for a reason
You're opening up a pretty big topic there m8
At what point did I dispute that both of them acted irresponsibly?
And at what point did I mention politicians or condemn humanity as a whole?

>You're opening up a pretty big topic there m8
There's no need to get into a long discourse on law and order, but I think we can all agree that running away from your due punishment after killing someone is wrong. Burroughs was a spoiled child from start to finish.

>I think we can all agree that [...] is wrong
What are you even doing here?

>The Immoralist: pic related
>The Faggot: You're opening up a pretty big topic there m8

This is honestly one of the most retarded things I've ever read.

Lmaoooooo wow you are too dumb for this board m8.

With a forehead like that it's kind of hard to not miss a shotgun blast aimed at virtually anywhere but her.

Wow what is wrong with her forehead asshole?

i agree, shes not attractive

why did the writing disappear on his shirt? did i miss this meme? there's a nietzsche one up now too

I have no clue

It's not like he meant to shoot her they were all really intoxicated and all agreed to play a stupid game of William tell, Burroughs always being a /k/ enthusiast and always having a gun in him, from what I can tell it really fucked the guy up as it would anyone, tragedy anyhow

Its not a real meme. Some social media marketer is trying to make it into one

The bitch was bugging him and the sun was in his eye
>literary excuses for murder

i dont think its the same person— the name of the thing isnt even on two of them. also, the marketer would have to be a pretty unique one; i feel like it may have to do with trump's rocket man comment

I posted the first one and am definitely not a marketer. I'd seen it on here before and just thought it was a funny mustache pizza guy. Also, I definitely saw it on here before the Trump quote I think, but that's a little easier to believe than someone at a small pizza chain being on here making Nietzsche memes. Also I have no fucking idea

Bad wording.
He did not shoot her for fun, they were high as fuck and he tried to shoot an apple that was placed on his wife's head.
Now, this is an extremely stupid idea, but considering how stoned and boozed up everyone there probably was, no one probably noticed anything wrong with it. Burroughs shoots and kills his wife.
Now, this is a tragedy, but I don't think Burroughs shpuld be blamed for the murder itself, although he is certainly accountable for his disgusting drug abuse. He didn't mean to kill her, and he wasn't lucid enough to realize the consequences of his actions. If he is morally responsible for his murder, then babies and mentally disabled people can be morally responsible too (which seems a pretty bold claim to me).

He's not responsible for murder, he is responsible for manslaughter, which is the charge they were going to try him for before he skipped bail using mommy and daddy's money. Classic example of how the rich and pampered can get away with anything.

nigger

>wanting everyone to be equal under the law.makes you a nigger

Pseudointellectual detected.

>law
nigger

>the law is for niggers

Are you retarded?

>>the law is for niggers
nigger

Don't argue with people who use no-context profanities as their arguments. It's like telling a bird to stop squawking.

It's no wonder he was so fucked up and died at 33. I'd be an alcoholic drug addict too if my dad kept having rapey faggot friends over.

Am I missing something? It just mentions "failed to protect" which literally happens every single day to doany children. The way you guys make it sound, it's like he turned his son out for heroin (which would make a lot of sense. The answer to everyone's questions is drugs)

>playing with guns at all is stupid

certain levels of negligence, when the consequences are so foreseeable, make a person culpable, at least in the eyes of the law

Bump

From the completely unbiased wikipedia article

> Without heroin and suffering from Benzedrine abuse, Burroughs began to pursue other men as his libido returned

>... while Vollmer, feeling abandoned, started to drink heavily and mock Burroughs openly.

> One night while drinking with friends at a party above the American-owned Bounty Bar in Mexico City, a drunk Burroughs allegedly took his handgun from his travel bag and told his wife "It's time for our William Tell act", even though they had never performed such an act previously. Vollmer, who was also drinking heavily and undergoing amphetamine withdrawal, obliged him by putting a highball glass on her head. Burroughs shot low and the bullet struck her, killing her almost immediately.

fucking based

I love this hot new Veeky Forums meme pizza man. Veeky Forums always has the best memes!