Lets be honest...

lets be honest. This book was just hemmingway telling us about his trip to Spain with a few bits of the book's theme peppered in here and there.

nearly this entire book is the characters going from one cafe to the next to eat and drink with a profound thought here and there. all done in hemmingway's flat and souless prose.

its about a drunk slut and her circle of drunken betas and a couple chads fighting each other for her cunny
its like the days when we get a cute trap here

It's a shitty book. It's basically Hemingway fantasizing about being a chad.

Congrats, you realized that every single one of Hemingway's novels is just self-insertion and woman idealization because he was insecure about his masculinity and cucked by a nurse irl

this
not sure why it's recognized as a classic. was super boring and annoying

It's recognized as a classic because it's "deep" and ambiguous.
Really all of his novels are awful. For Whom The bell Tolls is the single shittiest thing I've ever read. He knows how to write good and convincing chads but that's about his only talent.

Oh man, I love this book. Too many virgins in this thread.

Its a great novel, but those landscape descriptions got real old, real quick, it really lets me imagine that if I lived in the past I might do sex with a women, or at least talk to one

I though our boi was supposed to be mad spartan with his prose but that shit went on

A tried to read that one about the spanish civil war but after reading about a quadrillion paragraphs on a fucking valley with a tower in it I shit my pants and fell asleep.

OP here. I'll admit it wasn't awful. Just so dry at times. I fell like with the old man and the sea it worked. There wasn't as much chemistry between people to be had there. With this book, it came off really flat

i need to revisit, but i could probably point to this book as the reason i care so much about literature now. read it like 4 times when i was 14 or 15, but remember all my classmates having similar opinions to OP.

i think i identified pretty stongly with Jake's melancholy and the way it was sort of understated.

i've since read most of hemingway and would reccommend checking out The Garden of Eden.

he's very good at writing about beta men and women as well, The Sun Also Rises is a perfect example of how a group of men end up fighting over a mediocre woman

I didn't enjoy reading about dudes fighting over some uninteresting cooze.

I enjoy other Hemingway works, though.

I think you guys are giving too much power to Lady Ashley. She's really just a backdrop to judge test the other characters. Compare Bill Gorton to Mike Campbell or Cohn to Romero.

Lol Veeky Forums is reading a book for the plot!

Yeah. Veeky Forums has gone to shit. Remember a couple of years ago when everyone was praising his skill for writing dialogue?

We are being invaded by /pol/acks and trolls and dipshits who click on the wrong board. Hemingway is in the Pantheon.

It's a book about how Hemingway got redpilled on women. The ending makes it so obvious.

Old Man and the Sea?

Did you even read the fucking book

>idk I'm impotent and she needs sex
>it would make me feel like shit if I couldn't satisfy her
>but then I also kinda love her so...
>she says she wants me
>we should be together and things would be fine
>isn't it pretty to think so

>hurrdurr red pill Jewish cunt I am independent man don't need to girl they're sluts anyway hurrdurr

the book is good because of our guy Bill

The Sun A R is really good, comfiest chapter; riverfishing with wine, a friend and a random british man.

A Farewell to Arms is shit tho (outside of the chapter with the rout), I mean who gives a shit about the 1-dimensional wife dying. She had no personality at al.

I don't think Jake was fully redpilled on women by the end, if he was he would have ignored Brett asking him to meet her

The sharks represent Hemingway's 4 wives who tried to destroy all of his capital but couldn't take away his manliness and honor.

Fucking poltards

This, my nigga.
The river fishing chapter is one of the nicest depictions of male friendship in literature.
(It's also the only chapter without Brett in it. Who'dathunk that men can bond better when it's just them and nature?)

Lol the intro of The Sun Also Rises should be /pol/ canon.

And best lad harris