What does Veeky Forums think of sylvia plath?

what does Veeky Forums think of sylvia plath?

I like her stuff. Nothing patrician, but dark and comfy.

She writes the disgusting, selfish, trivial interior of the female mind pretty well.

THIS, christ almighty this. still a shit book though

Deeply disturbed woman who was bullied by a piece of shit mediocre poet (fuck you Ted Hughes), Ariel is some kind of wicked soul-searching outpouring of rage, The Bell Jar is an accurate portrait of mental decline

Unfortunately, she inspired all the wrong people

The Bell Jar is just OK and her most famous poems are her worst, but she wrote some really good pieces that no-one really talks about. You're, The Burnt-Out Spa, Mirror, Full Fathom Five, etc.

>tfw your gf of 3 weeks dumps you

She would have matured into an interesting, powerful writer if she hadn't killed herself. Sticking her head in the oven was her greatest literary achievement, which ignited the fuse of feminist writers.

Her stuff is incredibly well written, but unless you are a crazy woman you will simply not fully engage in her shenanigans.

I didn't even finish the bell jar. The last nail was something along the lines of:
>Your best friend is the one that takes the hair off your face when you're puking after drinking
or something along the lines.

5/10, but stick to Daddy and nothing else. Everything else is just rehashing the raw wrath she unleashed in that poem.

Some of her poems are tremendous.That being said, those most vocal about her merit tend to be insufferable.

she didn't write about anything other insipid females haven't

>like OMG being a girl and having everything handed to you is so hard

She was an hero

>like OMG being a privileged middle-class white man and having everything handed to you is so hard

t. every white male author ever, essentially

Fact is we're being oppressed today harder than any women ever had. It's a genocide, and no woman or human rights groups care

aw poor thing

She's great I think, but as a guy I don't know that I am able to fully appreciate her. Menstrual imagery and daddy issues tend to go over my head.

Aww, beta white guys are getting "genocided "because women don't wanna fuck them.

What ever happened to the "master-race"?

That's the cover style of like 40% of books in communism era lol.

Shit bait

Essential for 16 year old girls who are too ugly to hang out with the cool kids.

>harder than any women ever had

is this Veeky Forums now

She's pretty good imo, her poetry about her parental relationships are top tier
>Selfish
Here are the Veeky Forums virgins who think Ted Hughes did no wrong

Regardless of Veeky Forums, I think she is a good poet, if unstructured, but she does represents the kind of self absorbed depression that is distasteful to people who have not been afflicted with a similar mental state.

Pretty much.

>she does represents the kind of self absorbed depression that is distasteful to people who have not been afflicted with a similar mental state.
How about
>to people who are not self-absorbed to the point of literal lunacy.