Who is you're favourite 21st century Philosopher?

Who is you're favourite 21st century Philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sam harris

>So you're saying everything we know about the world is a posteriori knowledge derived from our interpretation of sense data transmitted from noumena, and that the mind is a separate entity creating a dualistic reality where we can also uncover a priori truths?
>Wow... that's insane
>Did you see that video of a lion getting jacked by an eagle? Holy shit Jamie pull that up.

Giorgio Agamben. The way he plays with philosophical concepts through philology is very exciting.

some guy in a sensory deception tank

for me its gotta be the McChicken sandwich

Unironically.

Yes!

>Giorgio
>philosopher
with that name he should have been a DJ or a rapper instead

Hardmode: Name someone that isn't an 'eceleb' or comedian.

john searle

>Shortly after the September 11 attacks, Searle wrote an article arguing that the attacks were a particular event in a long-term struggle against forces that are intractably opposed to the United States, and signaled support for a more aggressive neoconservative interventionist foreign policy. He called for the realization that the United States is in a more-or-less permanent state of war with these forces. Moreover, a probable course of action would be to deny terrorists the use of foreign territory from which to stage their attacks. Finally, he alluded to the long-term nature of the conflict and blamed the attacks on the lack of American resolve to deal forcefully with America's enemies over the past several decades.

> look at me how down to earth i am

why does he use that cringe fucking advice at every chance he gets?

Does he? I've heard loads of vids of him talking without saying it.

dont care about politics at all. interested in consciousness

Little monkeh fellas

You're fucking retarded then. Not even he would claim such thing.
He's not even a philosopher at all in that sense.

Fucking crossposters

roughly speaking

*secularises Christian morality thus saving humanity*

Nothing personal kid...

Andy Clark, Giorgio Agamben, Luciano Floridi...

Clean your room bucko.

What is cringe about it?

Sean Goonan

the one and only

This is actually beautiful, and makes me like Joe Rogan more. He is a man of his time.

richard stallman

And so on and so on...

Nick Land, are there even other 21st century philosophers? All other people posted here are "thinkers" and then there's Žižek the chronically masturbating blob nostalgic for Yugoslavia.

Derek Parfit (rest in peace), if you consider him a 21st century philosopher.

John Milbank

Zizek is bae tho

youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M&feature=youtu.be

If by "bae" you mean Blissfully Clueless About Economy then yes

Alvin Platinga

My favorite 21st century "continental."

Jonathon Bowden

Maybe Iain Hamilton Grant?

There are still a great deal of contemporary philosophers I want to study, but I haven't been able to get to them yet.

who is that?

Roger Scruton

JJ Valberg is the only philosopher I have ever read who has taken on the vertiginous question in such detail, so probably him. Casper Hare and Kripke come up as second and third

Nick Land, probably the most original philosopher of this era.

filename

Negarestani wrote by far the most original text I have read from the 21st century.

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Didn't he go to jail for fraud and assault, though? So much for ubermensch.

top 5:
joe rogan
milo yiannopulaous
jordan peterson
alex jones
sargon of akkad

I swear to God Alex Jones is just PKD trying to come back to us and pitch his next series.

Redpilled af.

If only. And to think that he was actually a semi-sane person once, in the late 90s when he still hung out with people like Doug Stanhope. That custody case made me lose all hope, though.

This is the only one that I actually follow

kek on the kung fu panda

No discussion

Me.

By 14 I had figured out nihilism without having read any Nietzsche or being aware of his concepts. By 16 (07) I had theorized a perpetual big bang cycle and infinite universe with an infinite amount of iterations meaning "you" have lived you life before and I believe deja vu is evidence of this. And I am currently working on a time travel theory which seems pretty legit. Going backwards and forwards without consequence or a paradox.

Curt Doolittle