Why does this book sell so well

why does this book sell so well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KgvDPTEktRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Salaam
It's a nice story with a satisfying ending.
MashAllah

Generic trite, appeals to a lot of people. Any user can pull that kind of prose if he puts some efort.

cuz it cozy as fuck to red nigga

dis

If it were easy for an intelligent person to write garbage like The Hunger Games or Harry Potter, every skilled writer would do it and be popular.

The thing is, you have to be an actual philistine to write trash like OP's pic.

Popular stuff is rarely high quality, whether it's books or whatever. Keep in mind for something to be very popular it needs to appeal to the average person with an average IQ of 100 at best.

If your IQ is significantly higher and still want to enjoy it or understand why it's popular, I suggest you take some alcohol.

why does lit dislike this book
its pretty good

I read this book a long time ago (I was 13 if I'm not wrong). I don't remember almost anything of the story itself, I liked the writing tho.

because it allowed people to buy a self help book without the shame of buying a self help book

>everyone has inferior taste
I'm sorry you're this insecure, OP. Try building yourself up instead of tearing others down. Maybe give us some insight about a great piece of literature

This thread is now an Omen.

women and liberals read it

First half was excellent, it all goes shit after he meets the alchemist

Same here, all I remember is some BS about how (s)he (idk) traveled the desert looking for something, got some sick powers or some whirlwhind, got lots of gold, lost it all, but got it back again at his house??

gold is pretty nice
youtube.com/watch?v=KgvDPTEktRY

Pretty much, this is shit. If you want a half brained pseudo-philosophical story go for Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

>Coelho is for dumb extroverts

t. brainlet

fucking this

it's bad literature, but a good book of self development

it's a book about the law of attraction, and to prove his point the author becomes a bestseller

it's shit but it's still not the worst thing i've ever read

>short
>easy to read
>positive theme
>makes the reader feel smarter
It has all the bits of a bestseller.

It's demonstratively bullshit. If any user could've do it, there would be far more bestsellers. And you're not seriously suggesting that it's artistic integrity that stops millions of people from being millionaires, right?

It's a lot like with pop music. What sounds simplistic and generic, actually takes massive effort to create and uses science as a base for every decision.

>He thinks people bought the book because they already had a deep understanding of its prose and text

No, it sold because it was popular, and it was popular due to its easily digestible self-help philosophy.

>usses extr''O''verts
>calling other people dumb in the same sentence

Lmao pleb