DyonysianApollonian

Have we gone too far into a Dionysian state in modern western culture?
Are the Asians the most Apollonian now, or do they not realize/care about the philosophical wilderness they are in, yet?
What about the rest of the world, when will their enlightenment come, or will it build individual by individual over time?
T. Fred Nietzsche.

Another thread that doesn't belong here. Also, the West is far more Apollonian. Fuck off

This is a thread about Nietzschean ideas, and as such is perfectly at home on Veeky Forums. You fuck off.

I don't feel the need to apologize for wanting a discussion on philosophical ideas that came from a guy who wrote books on those ideas. If you realized that your petty anti (((pol))) rebuttals are part of the reason no bloody discussion happens too regularly on this damned board, you would perhaps consider fucking off.

You want to discuss the political reality of the concept though not the concept itself Also you clearly haven't read Nietzsche nor do you understand his concept of dionysian

You try and shut down a thread that has good potential, and you're probably also the kind of person who complains about a lack of good threads

I hope I helped you understand why the board looks like it does

This is a political thread. And you didn't even bother to understand the term dyonisian before you posted it.
Not to mention that noone who read Nietzsche would post a question as retarded as "too far into a Dionysian state".

>I hope I helped you understand why the board looks like it does
Oh trust me I knew already.

You might not understand this, but this is an anonymous site
I only posted the post you responded to

The fact still stands that you ruined a thread that could have had interesting discussion

>The fact still stands that you ruined a thread that could have had interesting discussion about something that doesn't belong on this board

Good

>trying to be this condescending just because I went with the flow of the conversation
Trying too hard.

>The fact still stands that you ruined a thread that could have had interesting discussion
I agree that it could have been an interesting thread. That would require that the participants understand the term that they are to discuss though and not just redefine them to fit their preexisting viewpoints.
And even then the point would still stand that this is a political thread not a literature thread and that there would be no reason to make this thread on Veeky Forums if he had used simply different terms.

>these are the same people who complain about lack of quality discussions

Yes, we are literally a modern syracuse.

We'd rather not have good discussion about subjects that aren't related to literature. That's probably why you don't see good discussions about cooking, sports, or music on here.

I see the animalistic every Saturday and Thursday evening. I recognize that some raving, sex and drink is good for a society. However, if it is possible to be too Apollonian then it has to be possible to be too Dionysian.
Not enough people challenge themselves to confront the void and seemingly float through life getting their qualifications and engaging in fantasy and cheap experiences instead.
The popular image of the Asian society is of people who break themselves to fit into a system of rote learning and high end and high stress work. Will there be an unending conformity to eastern ideology which encourages working for the sake of the family and the whole (paraphrasing) or will there be an awakening to the abstraction of their economic existence as there was in the west, even though the modern western population mostly does not think about that either. Will the west have to lead the way?
The rest of the world seems to be living in the shadow of the corpse of god/s, some of this is positive and a good deal of it is not.
I believe Non economic thinkers are not useless, and are on the contrary very useful.
I want to apply past ideas to the modern world and test them out, there is no reason not too, unless you are keen to maintain to keep academics closed and stale. That outlook has a purpose, to preserve truth, but the layman needs truth and he also needs help to find it in the modern world, that is why Peterson is popular, he is helping people find truth.
But no this is of course /pol/, congratulations on being the purest kind of artist with only snide criticism to offer.

You are a nothing thinker. Go to /pol/, you'd fit right in

Go to /trash/ you would fit right in.

And I'm telling you this is why you should understnad words before you use them
Everybody knew where you were going we didn't respond because we knew you are wrong. You can be an apollonian lazy degenerate and a dyonisian worker.

Stop being a little bitch that takes everything personal and think about why we are telling you these words don't mean what you think they do.

And for crying out loud for what you want you'd want the world to be more dyonisian. But of course that would require you to understand the terms before discussing them. Wait a second...

Fuck off you jedi

You seem to mistake the Dionysian-Apollonian distinction to be a moral one, but it's an aesthetical one only.

Btw. our society and its goals have never been more Apollonian than it's today because both are connoted morally. Apollonian stuff is considered to be morally superiour while everything Dionysian isn't held in high regards (partially it's straight out demonized).

Dionysian ideals like ecstasy and ecstatic unification are only "allowed" in a religious context, but religion itself isn't regarded highly in most intellectual circles. And people which are into religious ecxtasy are considered weird, at least (if not mentally ill).
You might argue that sexual intercourse is held in high regards in western society, but that's just in the media - in real life a lot of people get bored of sex pretty soon. Orgies or any real Dionysian stuff isn't practiced a lot, or at least not spoken about publicly because they're considered disreputable, too.
Excessive drinking or the excessive use of drugs on the other hand is a good way to be considered antisocial.

Why you have to be mad bro. This is a anime message board, we're all friends in anonymity here. Criticism is fine, just at least try to make it seem less petty and reliant on trolling.
Why not make your own thread about the topic? Outlining your ((correct)) interpretation and terminology. Because you're not comfortable doing it in this thread, clearly.

Best post so far.

Damn this opened my eyes. And most of us are guily of proliferating this - have any of you not given the eye to people having "too much fun"

Let's try to change this, as long as it is healthy of course. But notice that "unhealthy" is what the inquisition calls everything too Dionysian, like fuck no gay bdsm orgies on moderate amounts of mdma are not unhealthy fuck you.