>He read Locke before Descartes
>He read Descartes before Aquinas
>He read Aquinas before Aristotle
>He read Aristotle before Plato
>He didn't start with the greeks
It was never a meme

>Hegel

A joke with no punchline.

Is Aquinas a good follow-up to Aristotle? Looking for stuff to dive into after finishing the greeks.

Yes he wrote extensive commentaries on Aristotle

Stop with this shitty meme, you're doing nothing good with it. The goal of important philosophers is to construct complete systems of thoughts, so theoretically at least none of them ever have the need for anything from the past. I do admit that you have to know the entire context if you want to understand the philosopher, but if you want to understand his philosophy just read his damn works. If you're not superficial you'll have to read them more than once or read some secondary material, during which time you'll be able to check out the influences more thoroughly.

>install gentoo

How come I always see this jump from Aristotle to Aquinas? They both lived a long ass time apart. Is there nothing worthwhile between the two?

That's like using Windows XP before Windows 95, what a horror!

>using

You mean studying, brainlet.

Wow, that analogy flew right by you.

Nice defense mechanism.

>>Defense
>>Thinks I'm OP
Lol, nah, I just like to laugh at people when they're floundering

Idiot

I bet you "use" Hegel like the innocent little flower you are.

>doubling down on idiocy

There's Middle-Eastern shit, but Veeky Forums is extremely Anglocentric.

>middle eastern philosophy had an important impact on western philosophy

>what is the Bible

>Reading Aquinas before Augustine,Boethius, Dionysius the Areopagite,Abelard, Albertus Magnus, and Maimonides
fucking degenerates

jesus was nordic breh

Dove joint first into horselover fat.
>r8 my b8 m8

The punch line is coming next Sunday, don't you worry.

I just bought Beyond Good and Evil and the only Philosophy book I've read was Plato's Republic which was pretty boring. How bad of an idea is reading Nietzsche now?

Cicero.

Just save it for later and start with Birth of Tragedy. Better yet, actually read more of Plato, then everyone else until Nietzsche, and then start with Birth of Tragedy. I took the first path and feels pleb mane.