Who is the literary equivalent of tarkovsky?

Andrei Tarkovsky

Gogol ... maybe

Jorge Luis Borges, Dostoievsky, strugatsky bros, Nietzsche, Lao Tzu, idk other Reddit approved authors that tarcucksky criterion IMDb rotten tomatoes entry level drones like.

Currently reading pic related and then I'm going to watch stalker.
What am I in for lads?

>MOMS GONNA FREAK

is this a good read? i read that nyrb classics robert bresson book with a similar title and it was fucking rubbish

A good time.

Probably one of the big Russians, honestly. Dostoevsky's novels are a lot like Tarkovsky in their length, spiritual content, and abstract or ponderous sections.

I've not read the Bresson one (not the guy you quoted, by the way) but I really enjoyed OPs book. I love the book of interviews with him as well.

He's a very interesting man. I find it hilarious, but unsurprising, that his dog was called "Dark". Apparently he felt human emotions.

His dad :^)

A movie that is far better than the book that served as its loose inspiration.

Really? I loved that book. I felt like I understood his movies better after reading it.

Tarkovsky is a master of technique. You would need someone with very good prose to have something analogous to his cinematography and that certainly isn't Dostoevsky.

Anything shit, boring and adored by pseuds?

sounds like gaddis to me

Maybe Nabokov then

>shit,boring

Nice vocabulary you fucking pleb

Bernanos

What's wrong with Dostoevsky's prose?

Aristotle

someone who is pretensious, try hard and makes the most boring shit imaginable? Probably someone like Nabokov

The only Dosto-like movie of his is Andrei Rublev

Only Andrei Rublev deals with the Russian Orthodox or Slavicist subject matter of some Dostoevsky works, but Stalker and Solaris both have a similar thematic outlook and tone.