Write whats on your mind

write whats on your mind

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/books/review/the-chickenshit-club-jesse-eisinger-.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just got done fapping and it's only 8:30, i feel like i still have the whole night ahead of me to do productive work, so stoked

I would like to be a writer who can make a living from it but I know that I'll likely end up living in a homeless shelter if I try that so I just fill myself with resentment and after three years I'm going to graduate with a degree in accounting which I've breezed through but hate what I study. One part of me wishes that I tried to feed this passion because it's never left me for a day. I'm going to become an accountant for my entire life and want to kill myself because of how much I dislike doing g it.
I've been told by my friends that if I loved writing so much I'd have created novels just for myself at this point and I didn't need to get anything I love published if I actually loved it and I came to the. Conclusion that they're correct because I've never gotten over five thousand words and because of this revelation my life has been spiraling down. I used my money for books on garbage out of a sudden bout of impulse and have been identified by my professors already.
I have likely delayed my graduation by six months and have nothing to show for it, not even a badly written story. We often think about how my life would've been if I decided to write full time and I came to the realization that I'd have been worse off than I am now, or at the minimum at the same level of depression but in a worse off place.
I do t k ow what my future holds but I've decided two months ago that I'm going to write a thousand words a day and today I can proudly say I hit sixty thousand words. Thank you everyone.

I started the iliad a couple weeks ago but had no idea who any of the gods other than Jove were, put it down to see if I could find a list of who was who (In a sort of Jove= Zeus way) , but I never found anything and I haven't touched it or any other book since.
Feels bad.

I confessed to a girl while I was drunk.
I don't remember if she friendzoned me or not (we haven't talked about it), but that act gave me a lot of courage to do more stuff. Now I want to start a literary magazine.

i think i'm actually going to quit Veeky Forums and not out of some feat of willpower, more like it's not that good anymore, ya ya i know it was never good, but like i no longer feel like im shitposting with smart people, i mean there's one or two left, but mostly it's just kinda normie tier shitty idk man

money and vice-versa

i see u

At first I thought that that ayy lmoa eye was a mummified vagina that had shot out dust because of how old it is.

Generally people want to forget the wrongness in the absolute denial of communication involving human interaction. And this is the very foundation of the police. The omnipresent force that, if any of their number are so inclined, can abuse, backed by the a power of millions that might as well be god-like. Basically a giant gang that cannot be contended with, a godlike presence, not benevolent but randomly aggressive, perfectly willing to end your life you should you voice your desire for a human level of interaction that didn't involve the threat of lethal force. Being pulled over by a police officer is to enter a world where your liberty is temporarily absolutely forfeited. You have one of two options: die or comply. This is an affront to human life. At least in ages past people would simply barge into your house and murder your whole family, but if you were so inclined you could exact revenge with sheer force and intent. Muster a militia, an army, and annihilate your transgressors. No such thing now. It is an absolute malevolent entity bent entirely to control, to extract every ounce of dignity from human life with absolutely no exit.

Coming up with a creative process is hell. Every time I get to work on my short story I often will type an entire four paragraphs, after which I'll delete most if not all of it. Right now my short story is, coincidentally, four paragraphs long; I started it 5 days ago. In the past, the way my story would be structured just came to me and I could knock it out in a day or two. Those stories weren't just B.S nonsense stories akin to what you'd probably find on fanfic.net but according to my critic, being my English professor, they are good stories.

Maybe it's just the fact I quit writing them for a while but god, trying to write them now is hell and cringe-inducing. The fact I can't write as comfortably as I did a couple of months ago brings me into a minor depression.

That's just not knowing how to write. It's fun to dream up stories, but when you get down to it you don't know yet how to put it on the page. Keep at it. It will not be as good as you like at first, but as painful as it may be to acknowledge, this is your skill level at the moment. You will improve as long as you face it and plow on.

(Meaning that your critical skills improved more quickly than your writing skills. It happens to everyone. Keep at it.)

I thought this was a picture of a porcelain face laying in a pile of dust from its shattered half

Keep crying little baby
>My freedom becomes complete only when it is my — might; but by this I cease to be a merely free man, and become an own man. Why is the freedom of the peoples a “hollow word”? Because the peoples have no might! With a breath of the living ego I blow peoples over, be it the breath of a Nero, a Chinese emperor, or a poor writer. Why is it that the G... [German] legislatures pine in vain for freedom, and are lectured for it by the cabinet ministers? Because they are not of the “mighty”! Might is a fine thing, and useful for many purposes; for “one goes further with a handful of might than with a bagful of right.” You long for freedom? You fools! If you took might, freedom would come of itself. See, he who has might “stands above the law.” How does this prospect taste to you, you “law-abiding” people? But you have no taste!

real edgy fag, fuck the police but of all the many times i've been arrested there was never a time i didn't deserve it, then when i finally stopped, you know, committing crimes, suddenly i never got arrested or so much as harrassed by the cops again, amazing how that works

This is what an intellectual catamite looks like

fuckin busted! damn

no but i never said cold turkey im just sayin my posting is sort of petering off

actually i quit Veeky Forums for a year once, which considering how good it was back then and how shit it is now, i kind of regret it, but maybe if i quit again for a year ill come back and all the redpill kekistan fag shit will have gone out of fashion

I dunno man, your initial comment really bummed me out. I really like this place, or what it used to be, I just want people to be happy here.

I used to write a fuckton of erotica on websites that catered to my depraved fetishes. I've given it up, mostly, but sometimes when I'm trying not to fap but have managed to arouse myself I'll open up a Pastebin and write out something, only to close the tab when I've finished. It's actually pretty helpful for defusing things.

And before you ask, I'm now a much more devout Catholic, so I'm in theory on permanent nofap now.

I'm reading Thoreau right now, but he's surprisingly tough. The given topics and his opinion on them are clear enough, yet trying to parse lines in Walden one-by-one leaves me with middling confidence at best, and total confusion at worst. His thoughts zig-zag and turn around with such frequency that it's not pleasurable to read at all - I only do so for the ideas. And this is unique to Thoreau; I can read Shakespeare and co. just fine.

Oh well.

post us a hard one and let us be the judge

I want to go back when we were 14 years old and we used to be and to do everything together and it was all of it innocent even though sometimes our conversations were about curious sex, I find them now, cute. I have compared our old conversations with the current ones and what happened with us? I do not want to say we are a pair of degenerates now but I feel it like that. Do not you remember or freaking everyday chat about freaking doctor who? Or when you used to tell me about your problems with your family and how you used to cry in front of me because you were sensitive to everything around you? Or when we used to be so dependent of each other? We made goals. You did not talk about how many people you have screwed or what new drug have you tries or how depressive you were. I miss you, I know you are not coming back but what a good time. I miss me too,I should not be so hard on myself maybe I should just open to new experiences as you did. But even though I have tried it, I really can't, it just does not feel right and I do not feel good.

it said post whats on your mind not ur fuckin diary

Too many typos, sorry I'm on my phone and feeling sad

Fuck u

Bitch nigger, I'd give my left nut to retroactively experience mutual sexual love during my sexually formative years. It really makes me angry that this is something you think to complain about

Read his journal on the side. Really illuminating.

Oops! I did it again!
Oh… oh baby…
“Oh for God’s sake!” I hear someone yell.
Parenthesis.
Eighty-two! Four!
The number cocaine!
I do math!
Oh God! Jesus Christ!
Make it stop!
“Why are you looking at me?” the young woman asks.
Oh God… this is hilarious!
Tape recorder.
I am keeping a record.
Somebody get me some God-damned scrolls!

I want to be an author who creates worlds people find fascinating and whimsical, and characters people like and talk about.

I know neither of those things are very likely because I'm a nobody with no connections and I'm poor as dirt, living in bumfuck nowhere.

I have no future, and I am well aware of it. I can't even get a job as a cashier somewhere.

>want to be an author
Write

go for it, m8
you have it in you

i am
i have a book that is nearly finished
that doesn't mean much though, because i know it won't get published, so the best i can do is self-publish

"Much it concerns a man, forsooth, how a few sticks are slanted over him or under him, and what colors are daubed upon his box. It would signify somewhat, if, in any earnest sense, *he* slanted them and daubed it; but the spirit having departed out of the tenant, it is of a piece with constructing his own coffin, - the architecture of the grave, and "carpenter," is but another name for "coffin-maker." One man says, in his despair or indiffetence to life, take up a handful of the earth at your feet, and paint your house that color. Is he thinking of his last and narrow house? Toss up a copper for it as well. What an abundance of leisure he must have! Why do you take up a handful of dirt? Better paint your house your own complexion; let it turn pale or blush for you. An enterprise to improve the style of cottage architecture! When you have got my ornaments ready I will wear them."

Context: It's the end of a passage detailing his refutation of household ornament and luxury

The point is clear, but his style isn't, and I don't get what the last few sentences mean at all. The whole book is like this: Ideas mashed together in a sort of staccato that ruin the flow by forcing you to read things two or three times just to grasp them. I've read several novels from the same time period, but it's never been such an issue.

I'm feeling pretty apathetic about everything but has me sympathizing. I didn't have any form of sexual/romantic contact until I was like 20+. How are you supposed to develop into a well-adjusted member of society when you've been almost entirely excluded from the most formative cultural/acculturative practices we have? How not to be a neurotic autist? And why are there so many of us?

ya u rite, it sort of gets fuzzy at the end there

the worst part in my case i know it was all my fault, there were a few times in my life when i was on normie track but i always autism out and become a recluse n shit

I'm 28, and I have never.
Simply put, you can't. You cannot develop into a well-adjusted, normal, socially successful person if you are your entire life left out these formative social experiences.

>Why are there so many of us?
Many reasons, but they can be boiled down to poor parenting.

I find myself wondering why my reasons for writing are so autistic. I have precious little interest in getting published, but have a hazy intention to do so within the next three or so years.

For me writing is a cognitive exercise, a means to get the brain going, to flesh out my representation of the world, and deepen self-understanding. The thought of it as a craft and the role of the writer as tradesman hardly arouses any response on my part.

I think it's a shame because I do believe some of my stuff is genuinely good and is better than a lot of the stuff out there, and could withstand critical scrutiny. A talent kept to oneself is a talent wasted.

>You cannot develop into a well-adjusted, normal, socially successful person

the worst part is with gay rights and gay marriage and shit you can't even let people believe your gay cuz some big titty bitch will ask u to bring your bf to the christmas party or something, so now autistic people are even more isolated and weird looking, face it, outside of tech no one gonna promote a weird dude who never gets laid, and even inside tech since the "tech bro" replaced the neckbeard even tech is getting too normie

I want to die.

Yup. I skimmed through a few later chapters, though, and the prose is eloquent. The first chapter, "Economy", looks to be the only one with that style. Weird, but I guess that's that.

>Why are there so many of us?
What said, and lack of socialization with people your own age. Also the idea of monogamy.

I want to die every day. Stirner is great for escaping the delusion of morality, but once that threshold is crossed, I find nothing on the other side. Not in the sense of "oh woe is me there are no answers," in the sense that I cannot find a single human being who really understand the concept of a union of egoists. I mean, I used to have male friends with whom I could have an honest and intellectually stimulating conversation, but I've lost touch with all of them since they moved on past college and I dropped out and moved home. I don't find meeting people within a pretense, like school or work, to be fruitful anymore, and all the people I meet spontaneously are goddamn philistines who are only interested in material gain.

It is getting to the point where I only find contentment in the glutting of my rage. Perhaps the collective impotent rage of ourselves and the 52 million Chinese men denied access to sex will amount to something

nothing wrong with material gain my dude, just because youre not getting any ass doesnt mean u cant hoard shekels

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm not at all interested in it as an end in itself (like the shekel hoarder).

I didn't have sex until right after college. Girlfriend came later than that even.

I slowly figured out how to socialize and now I'm super likeable.

(I highly recommend The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine.)

Thank you for the recommendation and perhaps I'll read it, as I could be much better, but it isn't like I don't know how to socialize. I do. I just failed to attract anyone in High School due to low self-esteem, failed to do so again in College due to depression, and then failed to move into the real world and so I no longer have any opportunity to meet female peers. I don't remember the last time I spoke to a woman my age.

I'll also say that failure to make a network of friends leads to failure to attract women. I always only ever had a few buddies and had a bad habit of self-isolation to avoid humiliation.

If I did I wouldn't be in this thread

That's how I feel when reading Thoreau too. It's not until a few pages that I start enjoying his writing, it's so hard to adjust to.

Be sure to ask St Angela of Foligno to pray for you

Similar story here. I eventually got /fitlit/ in college and entered into society after some difficult humps. Currently have had a girlfriend for 3 years and am ostensibly flourishing in grad school, but I fill often feel weirdly unfulfilled and frustrated about my (lack of) early formative experiences and can't help but occasionally sperg out while socializing, which is starting to become an awkward chore again.

>awkward chore again

i was actually listening to the smiths today for the first time in years, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

>two lovers intwined
>pass me by
>heaven knows i'm miserable now

I'm shy so I had to learn how to socialize but probably the key factor in getting decent with women was that I was willing to try to make friends and talk to girls. One of my girlfriends I met through a new friend who wanted to set me up. Another I met from going to a triple birthday party where the only person I knew was my sister. (She and two friends shared the same birthday.)

It's hard to get out of your comfort zone and I definitely fucked up doing it sometimes but it worked out eventually.

One of Fine's ideas is that you never know where your next job, your next friend, your next girlfriend, etc is going to come from so you should talk to anyone and everyone.

i can socialized normally at this point but i just never learned those queues like how to escalate to fucking or whatever, i mean sometimes if it's totally obvious the chick wants dick, but like when i can tell a chick is down im just like idk

there are a couple instances where i was literally in chicks bedrooms and didn't fuck, god im retarded

I don't remember the last time I met a new person. It is so rare I talk to anyone in real life. It's a mess and I don't know how to fix it because my life is so stagnant, nothing ever changes. I am very worried about my future because of it, but I've made such a mess of things by not forming a network that I feel like I can't move forward. I am constantly alone.

Yes, we are. But so much of our early, formative years, our parents were responsible for putting us in situations where we can learn to socialize, encourage us to socialize, encourage us to do things that will make people like us. If we don't learn that from them, who will we learn that from?

I know that I will only put forth my best efforts when I am afraid of failure, but i am too afraid afraid of failure to put forth my best efforts.

get a job, beyond a paycheck it's like joining a little clique, that can get you started

I wish I could. There is no opportunity in this town (13% unemployment rate) and I'm basically unemployable anyway.

I'm sorry. I don't want to just sit here and blog about how I fucked up my life. I'll stop.

sign up for classes in something somewhere, even if you already have a bunch of degrees, just do one for fun, or if you already have "useless" degrees, do a more vocational one, etc.

daily deal on audible is 2 hour reading of aesops fables for 99 cents, cop or not?

It's not easy by any means user. It takes practice to catch the hints, and even then some women are more cryptic than the enigma.

The only thing that helps is exposing yourself to experiences like that. You won't quite understand why, but you'll get the hints after a while.
I know it's easier said than done but don't be afraid of failure. That's how you learn.
Every social person has a few humiliating stories about dating or relationships. It's nothing new, shit happens.

>normie tier shitty
You seem like you're a part of the problem

Your best bet is to leave Veeky Forums in general. Recently someone on biz was asking how he could get traffic to his BuzzFeed clone and he didn't even know about Facebook ads. He was too stupid to google "how does buzzfeed get traffic", too out of the loop to know anything.

On this board people talk about submitting work. I just saw one smart guy mention using live journal or Reddit instead as a better alternative.. how have you people not heard of Medium or thought catalog?
Post on Medium, shill, leave detailed comments on other related posts, gain a following and you'll have all the weight you need to submit whatever you want. Probably to another online publication that probably also runs in Medium, like the Awl.

Veeky Forums is full of idiot children that would gain more by spending their time elsewhere. Where? I have no fucking clue. Maybe outside.

Clearly listens to Peter Moleyneux

I've had legal run-ins too. I don't have them anymore but I still think there are problems with the legal system in the first world - at least America.

There is no equality in the eyes of the law. If you can't pay to play, then you get fucked with a public defender. On one occasion my public defender's assistant (that's who often represents you in a busy district lol) was coached by the DA on what to say, right in front of me. Cops also planted evidence. On another, my accuser didn't show up to court - just me and someone that supported my side of the story. My public defender's assistant still convinced me to take the charge. She said I couldn't do otherwise. I was 18 and didn't realize that was a lie.

Whether or not I was guilty doesn't matter. If I would've had money to pay for a lawyer, I would have no record. Everyday people with money get away with crime. High level executives involved in systematic white collar crime are notorious for never being charged.

There's even a name for the prosecutors that continually fail to charge them: the chickenshit club

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/books/review/the-chickenshit-club-jesse-eisinger-.html

Health insurance is also sub par if you don't have a great plan, but then again I think that's more a problem with the medical field in general. Lot of baggage there.

Taxes and things like car registration.
Historically they've had a candle tax, and you needed a liscence to make candles. Times haven't changed. You need to pay just to drive your car, and if you decide not to drive it for a year you have to pay like $60 for that too.

I remember the first time my dad stole from me, when I was very young. I was really into collecting coins. I almost had all 50 for each state, and a few coins from other countries. One day I woke up, and they weren't were I placed them the night before. I panicked and searched the entire house. I was very upset. My dad confessed later to using them for gas money. A line had been crossed, and it wouldn't be the last time he would steal from me. I gave up that hobby shortly after.

I'm bored out of my mind. I should just got to bed but I'm not tired. I don't feel like reading either.

The other day I got so bored in class that I started hoping that an active shooter would burst into the hall. . .anything to relieve the monotony.

Stop LArping as a troubled artist.

?

I'm going to do it. I'm going to drink coffee black for the first time.

Wish me luck Veeky Forums

The sooner you accept your hatred of your outlets and your behaviours stems from your listless and directionless life, the quicker you can just come to grips with the nature of existence.

Which is nebulous malaise.

And eventually death.

Having a girlfriend is hard work if you're an insecure fuck. Even though you know she loves you and you love her your mind does wander. You wonder what's she doing. Who's she with? Does she make you as much a priority as you make her? Should you artificially cut back how much you care for her? Is that behaviour toxic for the relationship? Does it set a precedent for her to start caring less and less. It's amazing how I can ignore a text sent by my friend but with her I have to pick up the phone and reply instantly. She makes me lose control. It makes me feel weak and dependant. I want to be anything but. I need to find patience. I need to give her a chance to miss me. Not because I want to but because I should. I should make her miss me. Not by caring less. Not by being unavailable. How do I do that.
It's 6 AM and I haven't slept so I'm sure this post will mostly make no sense

Stop with the romantic idea of her. She's not yours and you clearly should chill.
Eventually things will get better for both of you (she feels it btw, it's not yours only)
>been there, done that

God, I wish I had that much cocaine at the moment.

I wish I was a chad that everyone looks up to and that I was with the girl im crushing on who probably thinks im a psychopath
I wish that i could very easily be very efficient with my time so that i could accomplish whatever needed to be accomplished to a good quality and quickly, so i can become successful, and then become a master in sort of everything and cultured too

But

How does Ayylien know what cocaine is.

When Sufjan says "I know you won't get very far" in Djohariah it also means "I know you" - the inference of Mind through interpersonal relation - won't get very far.

hello r/incels

I feel like I'm flying over the sky, like I'm floating over the ever gazing sky and the clouds are far beneath me.

I can spread my wings and fly away for I'm an owl, I cross the midnight and among the horro of the darkness I feel the wind cutting on my wings, feels good man.

I'm in love.
She's not that pretty but she's interesting. I love her attitude, humor and future plans, but the thing I love more than anything is that she's the first woman (and person) that makes me feel inferior and weak. She is better than me at anything, both academically and socially. When I'm with her I feel like trash, but she's also the only person that's been able to fill the empty void of loneliness that devours my soul. I'd love to stay with her forever, but she can easily choose someone better than me.

I've been diving into Buddhist literature and sutras and am totally captivated by it but I can't reconcile throwing away thousands of years of ancestry to end my line (I'm the last male in my family) and live celibately. It's tough brahs

How do I stop having a nostalgia for a time I didn't live in. Anytime I look at old America or old Europe I just get this gut wrenching feeling in my stomache as though I long to go back.

At fourteen I fantasized about my life today. Today I fantasize about my life at fourteen.

fuck you i never asked for these emotions

i'm facing a dilemma.
>i want to rekindle my interest in reading, to make sense of and clarify my worldview, to become articulate and well-reasoned, and finally to forge the principles i desperately need at this point in my life.
>i want to put myself out there, to treat my social isolation, to make new friends and connect with people, to have a social circle i can turn to when i'm lonely, and to cure my autismo and join the normies and be just happy

but these two paths contradict each other. what to do?

Try not to be insecure user. It's holding you back. Just go out and do your best and it will all work out ok.

>but these two paths contradict each other

Do you actually believe this?

i hate that this made me feel this feel and also the feel that I couldn't come up with a feel like this feel
FUCK YOU

waiting to fap until roommates go to bed because I don't want to be interrupted, I am too jittery to do anything but shitpost and am also bored of shitposting

oh god oh god I am mentally ill kek happy xd face what's up youtube? Sitting here rocking in this bed typing on this computer you know what it is. uhm thinking about sam hyde and genocide and genetic determinism and you know i am on that crypto game. I am now seeing in my head a lovely woman from behind in a big field of tall Mexican grass.

dude ffs it's on wikifagia, also shit translation

I'm about 2 weeks into ny recovery from depression and I'm feeling great right now. Everything is going much better, I'm in a better mood, and it seems to me like the sky is the limit. I just hope I don't fall again.

I don’t understand how this comment is constructive, or encourages the reader to think more deeply about anything. It appears to me that this comment’s only purpose is to display the cleverness of the author. Unfortunately, despite the collective efforts of the commentariate, we do get infiltration from those who are apparently determined to give the impression that they are incapable of parsing an entire piece of writing and reading it as a whole.

As has been previously noted (regular readers will be aware) we (that’s the “Royal we” — fellow commenters, occasional contributors such as myself and the moderator team) are engaged in an ongoing attempt to keep the quality of comments at its former impeccably high standard. Sadly, this is more of an effort than it should be.

And as a writer, it is rather tiresome having to try to explain to the occasional numpty who happens across a post basic reading comprehension skills, how to follow an argument when it is constructed long-form and the ability to master data interpretation.

And I’ve just caught up on all the subsequent comments on this page. All the other commenters have managed to make coherent and intelligible contributions that furthered my understanding or gave me something to think about, because they took the trouble to type more than a single sentence. I don’t agree with everything that’s been said in other comments. Quite the opposite in a couple of cases. But at least I understand what was expressed and the intention behind it.

Distance yourself from her.
Don't jerk off tonight.

I wish Robert E. Howard had lived longer.

whatever this shit was was written by a total utter fag! how banal it is to be picky about quality of posts on a, forgive me, Venezuelan Pork Sausage Conclave. Small little bitch pussy ass hoe nigger gook spic kike slopehead zipperhead negroidus maximus potentious minimus tonegongee marmalist, gengkus?

Iktf senpai. i also know that feel when drugs were the perfect cure but can't afford them anymore

i only have the time and the willpower to focus on one

>When, by an edict of the powers supreme,
>The Poet in this bored world comes to be,
>His daunted mother, eager to blaspheme,
>Rages to God, who looks down piteously:

>'Rather than have this mockery to nurse
>Why not a nest of snakes for me to bear!
>And may that night of fleeting lust be cursed,
>When I conceived my penance, unaware!'

Fuck.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a job so I could focus on my youtube stuff. But, maybe I'm better off this way, because I feel I could easily fall into sloth if I didn't have a reason to get up every morning. I'd probably become a weirdo hermit in less than a month, like I did for an entire year after I graduated. Maybe I ought to have a live-in girlfriend. Maybe if I wasn't alone, I'd avoid falling into a hedonistic spell of too much drinking and jacking off and no work getting done. I'd have someone to keep up appearances for. I hear you shouldn't look for a romantic relationship to fix something about yourself, but the thing I want to fix is a sense purposelessness and loneliness. I need structure in my life. I need a routine. I have a work routine covered, but once I get home, its hedonistic sloth until I go to work the next day. Its unhealthy. I need a grill to tell me to pick my clothes off the floor and to give me a reason to leave my house.

Post your Youtube stuff and I'll subscribe and watch, don't really feel like doing anything else right now

There's no need to become a monk or be celibate to be a buddhist. Though different vehicles handle this differently. In vajrayana buddhism you can be a practioner of the highest caliber and have a family, there's no problem, everything in your lifes becomes practice.