Why do people on this website fetishize nobility and inherited wealth so much? Why is social stratification so revered...

Why do people on this website fetishize nobility and inherited wealth so much? Why is social stratification so revered, that it becomes the judge of canonical literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because most of the time the nobles were the only ones who could write, or the only ones doing things worth writing about

Hard to fetishise someone you know nothing about

live by the guillotine, die by the guillotine

Socrates wrote that aristocrats were superior to democracts, and kings superior to aristocrats. So we side with him on this matter.

go back to facebook you fucking retard

>Socrates wrote
Veeky Forums 2017

The funny thing is, the guillotine is the very essence of monarchy. The extremes of governments are: who lives under them, and who dies under them. The guillotine institutes the state just as much as the edict of nantes. And, in the hands of the dogmatists the guillotine was perhaps a solemn sentence. But in the hands of the enlightened democrats the guillotine became bloodthirsty and barbaric.
Monarchy was indeed a gilded cage, but democracy is a rusty prison. Yes, under king's rule there were harsh punishments awaiting dissenters but these punishments were at least grounded in ecclesiology. But, in democracy the punishments that await you are just as terrible and infinitely more subversive. Living within a state system that does nothing to aid the human project but only furthers its own capital, is itself a punishment. The only way forward for humanity is the infrastructure that monarchy provides; the state must once again become a spiritual institution. If all human institutions are rational, then they certainly do not institute humanity.
The medieval university outpaces our modern ones in every way except for science. And I see no reason why we can't take what they had, and bring it to the 21st century, shifting philosophy and literature and art back onto equal terms with the sciences. And I see no reason why a monarchy, today, could not be liberal, free, and just. It has the infrastructure to do so, and can guarantee freedom from everything except its fundamental precepts, at the cost of adherence to them. Whereas democracy can only guarantee freedom from its fundamental precepts, at the cost of adherence to everything else. Indeed at the cost of being human, at the individual level and the state level.

because the equality meme has kind of run its course and it needs some re-thinking if it wants to survive, reactionary ideologies will thrive in the transitional period

Shakespeare will never write a historical tragedy about the French revolution.

Thats stupid

most people on here are misfit loser white guys who like to imagine in a past age they'd be an aristocrat who sits around quaffing wine and discussing highbrow things, have a hot wife given to them in an arranged marriage and be able to trample on the people who make fun of them with impunity.

basically they are people who struggle in a meritocratic society because they suck balls.

Just read Richard III

having wealth correlates 1:1 with having a high IQ

if you stay poor throughout your life, you're literally a dumb nigger

>nobility
It's called muh heritage. Like if you had no daddy issues are were proud of your family, except for some said family did important things.
>inherited wealth
Literally muh heritage. Something tells me you probably don't like self made men either.

awwwwww look at this cute little plebian being upset

FUCKING SAGE AND REPORT THIS OFF TOPIC SHIT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS BOARD LITERATURE RELATED

OP, FUCK OFF TO

>im a mindreader
speak for yourself, faggot

>IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS BOARD LITERATURE RELATED
noboedy cares about that. also there's nowhere else to discuss this shit, people on /pol/ don't know what "nobility", "wealth", "social stratification", "revered" or "canonical" mean

What about teachers, nurses, artists, scholars of most fields (including writers and philosophers) and so on? There are lots of careers that require high IQ while still offering very poor wages.

>artists
good artists get paid

good teachers and scholars are autistic like plato where theyre like "lol i dont even want money"

so thats kind of a special case

> being an artist requires high IQ
> teachers require high IQ

generally speaking, a high-IQ person's curiosity inherently leads to improving themselves and their processes naturally.
they continue taking on larger or more specialized roles in their craft or in coordinating people within their field, which leads to increased responsibility. this leads to increased compensation.

Should I start typing out a list of great artists who died in misery, in all ages from the 12th century to the 20th one? This is angeneralization based on your ideological perception of capitalist meritocracy (who does a good job gets paid, which is not true at all in Art).

Another over-generalization: do you really think that teachers and nurses are okay with living in absolute misery? They'll keep doing it, but their misery is not justified: that's just us exploiting their passions, which keep our society alive.

When you are willing to adress what actually happens in the real world come back. You are basically ascribing "passion" as an inherently low IQ trait. You're shitting on the traits that made the bulk of Western culture.

>great artists who died in misery
being a tragic greek hero is mostly advertising, you don't have to beileve in stories that werent written by those people, but instead were written sometimes decades after their deaths.

So, you think that no artist has ever died in misery? Are you trying to promote this obviously false fact just to justify your ideology?
Just admit that IQ is related to wealth only if the individual choose to pursue a profitable career, which is not the case for the professional figures I've mentioned (they are just a few examples, hut notable ones: we are talking about teachers, nurses and artists after all).

nurses are whores, teachers are robots, artists are cool. Though I bet the ones you like suck dick, I expect youll bitch about whoever wrote The Scarlet Letter. If they died in agaony or whatever God forsaked them for beileving in the same garbage you do

>nurses are whores, teachers are robots
t. actual idiot
>Though I bet the ones you like suck dick, I expect youll bitch about whoever wrote The Scarlet Letter.
Of course the actual idiot will resort to unrelated stereotypes while feeling smug about it.

>If they died in agaony or whatever God forsaked them for beileving in the same garbage you do
And here's some nonsense, typed out by this actual idiot.

JUST

Cm punk?

most communists have terrible taste in art, its why they could never export any part of the USSR's culture other than tetris.
>God din't punish them
what would you call it? the cruel bougiouse's hatred of the proud whores and robots you like so much?

What has communism to do with what I've said?

>IQ is related to wealth only if the individual choose to pursue a profitable career
>justify your ideology
>starts schreeching about how great educated workers are who mostly work for commoners
if not communism then I guess you could say populist

Are you stupid? That is BASIC observation: there are professions that require high IQ while being not profitable at all. You literally can't argue against this fact. Pointing out does not mean that I'm a communist, that's just your stupid head conjuring random stereotypes to defend your ideology.
And yes, ideology is the correct wors, since cause of it you are now unable of noticing evident, uncontroversial facts, such as our world not being an inherently fair place.
>>starts schreeching about how great educated workers are who mostly work for commoners
>commoners
Gotcha, you're either 15 years old edgy teenager or a 22 years old basement dweller with no notion of what the real world is actually like.

keep screeching commie. thatll make your wages go up. If you want other people's shit to badly and the don't want to apy you for it you should become an imperialist. And having a high IQ is overrated, just look at mensa

Whatever, with this post you have contraddicted all your previous posts. It was a bait, I guess.

Based robespierre

*robespierre gets sentenced to death by guillotine*
youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

>1:1

Not even remotely communist or populist, learn what words mean

dudes starts saying the economic system is unfair and that it should pay people who need their hand-held their whole lives more money. Which is both populist and communist

He literally did not say that, he only made observations of what is, you're the one who made the leap to classifying things are unfair and describing how things ought to be. Work on your reading comprehension

>he only made observations of what is
which are wrong and apologetic towards people who chose to not make money. Then he turns it around and blames every prisoner and president in post modern society for it.