Why?

>Comic Book artists includes a full-page panel of a sunset with no dialogue
"Beautiful artwork, wonderful set-pieces, great attention to detail in his landscape, a clear show of dedication to his craft!"

>Director includes a full minute scene of a sunset with no dialogue
"Pushing the boundaries of story-telling in film, incredible sense of place and setting, can easily put the audience into the world of the film, a clear show of dedication to his craft!"

>Author includes a single line about a sunset
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PURPLE PROSE SHIT, FUCKING GET ON WITH IT, BORING, AMATEURISH WRITING, P U R P L E P R O S E, A CLEAR HACK"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlzV7JDz8f4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know sorry. I tried to think up possible reasons but haven't come up with any.

The medium is the massage user.

Stop trying to appeal to emotion in writing. Verily, that's what comics are for

a picture is worth 1000 words :)

Where is that image from?

So if I want to put a single picture in the minds of my readers, it should take at least a thousand words?

no, you just have to picture the words

Where is that image from?

I thought the sunsets in White Noise were pretty good.

Different mediums have different strengths and weaknesses? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?

Besides, if you include the sunset intelligently into the story, no one will complain either way. If you're a good writer, you can write paragraphs about it without boring your readers.

Or you could simply attempt to CREATE another one with the words. Shitty writing is when you try to PAINT with words and describing shit in a dumb way.

Some Jap's pixiv

I've also grown weary of reading about clouds in a book. Doesn't this piss you off? You're reading a nice story, and suddenly the writer has to stop and describe the clouds. Who cares?

>le funny "I like watching people die" man

False equivalence. When visual art describes a visual phenomenon, of course it's going to make sense and be acceptable. Why on earth would the same thing be said for a written art describing said visual phenomenon?

It'd be like complaining about the reception of internal monologues in cinema and comics: "b-b-but literature can get away with heavy narration!!!! so why can't TV/films!?!?!?!"

It's simple. Literature is dying, if isn't dead already. Deal with it.

What book has no visual phenomenons in it?

Rofl
>ofc it would be acceptle for this form of art and not that one!
>doesnt state an arguenent

>PURPLE PROSE
what?

have you no imagination?

Look on Tv tropes.

>le funny oversimplification man

youtube.com/watch?v=GlzV7JDz8f4

t. Can only write in purple prose

Nice reading comprehension

Thanks

>so BTFO'd he can't even come up with a good shitpost

>If I h-have the last p-p-pot, then I win!