Have you read it, Veeky Forums?

Have you read it, Veeky Forums?

ive read Mason & Dixon. ive wanted to read Pale King since finishing Infinite Jest

How was mason and Dixon?

not user, but it was pretty good. What would you like to know?

Does it lean more towards the historical, American culture side or more towards the postmodern, psychoanalytic/absurd humor side? Is it an early colonial America animal with postmodern skin or a postmodern animal with an early colonial skin?

I'm into American Revolution / French and Indian War history, and I liked Pynchon a lot when I was younger but moved away from him. Was just wondering what it was like, and if I should consider reading it

I'm OP and I've only read GR and M&D. If you liked GR you'll probably like M&D so long as you enjoy the aesthetic of the time period it covers. It's not as funny, more sentimental, but it's a lot more touching. It's kind of like if you took the Roger/Jessica subplot from GR and fleshed it out but as a book about two guys who would increasingly describe themself as bros: one stodgy astronomer obsessed with his ex-wife, and one goofball lecher from the sticks.

The Pale King is pretty readable aside from the "Irrelevant Chris Fogle" bit, and it's honestly not that long. It's kind of annoying that he offed himself because I was left wanting more bits on all of the female characters, but it's probably for the better that the book isn't 1,000 pages long. His use of narration is interesting but horribly affected.

OP again
>Is it an early colonial America animal with postmodern skin
all of the book is like this (although some of it takes place in Britain/South Africa/Random Islands), except...
>or a postmodern animal with an early colonial skin?
...the parts which take place on the line, which are more like this.

I think Mason & Dixon is Pynchon's second-greatest achievement--and that Against the Day is his greatest.

The Pale King is difficult to appreciate without factoring in his suicide. It'll make you think about boredom in a more profound way than ever before. But Infinite Jest is one of the funniest books I've ever read. There's not much in The Pale King to laugh at.

too many words

>MD
>not as funny
I lolled a lot desu

Yeah I thought it was really funny. I like when Dixon uses his magic to lift the tub. Mason and Dixon is one ofnthebbest books I've ever read. The ending got me good. Pale king is good too. Better than infinite jest. The wake I will not read. I read the first 3 pages and that was enough for me. I'm a pleb.

I can't understand anything from FW

I've read Finnegans Wake and Mason & Dixon. Not interested in Pale King for now.

This, but with "ever" for "now"

Wallace is a hack who is not respected by anyone serious about literature.

Tell me who from the 90s onward is more respected lmao

>from the 90s onward
back to plebbit

Nice argument lmao rofl

>knowing the name of any subreddit

>having previous knowledge of such a reddit indeed existing or, worse, having clicked on the link

clicking on that link would just take you to a /r/equest error page, newfag

>not browsing reddit multiple hours daily to learn the enemy
heh... nice knowing you kiddo

I thought the "meme trifecta" was Ulysses, Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest. Is this an alternative version for 2cool4school autists?

Yeah I think thats what it's getting at. I laughed. Pale king especially is spot on

that's the meme trilogy

Correct. The meme trifecta is Zettel's Traum, Bleeding Edge and Jerusalem.

This is the only acceptable excuse for being on reddit

If you haven't yet read the Meme Quadrology, you might as well just end your life tbph familam

these are both rterrible

Well?

where is the totalitarianism of tundrea in a tundra

Underrated post

my sides