Let's see what's on Veeky Forums today

>let's see what's on Veeky Forums today
>8 hours old thread on Marx
>200+ (yous)
>surely is not a bait thread by a /pol/ falseflagger
>first reply talk about jew's cospiracy
>ctrl f+jew gives me 140 returns
>the closest things that resemble a book are /pol/ infographics

I browse /pol/ if I want to laugh at nazi and lolbertarians, I browse Veeky Forums if I want to talk about fiction or non fiction books. Key word here is books.
How is this allowed? Fuck you mods.

Start a thread about your favorite book or something then, stop begging for authorities to make the changes when you too are able to make a change.

hey. i'm almost finished with gravity's rainbow, have you read it? i have been rewarded in the last fifty or so pages with some of the most fulfilling passages of the entire work, perhaps, fragments, gems that are on par with my favorite ever read. it's quite nice to have this happen, as i wasn't sure i was going to be able to come away with a positive memory of this work.
to make it seem like less of a blog, i was very much impressed by the roaring sun. expressed perfectly a thought mused for years, almost penetrated to such a private place that i was crossed with paranoia and appreciation that i am not alone, perhaps that is the ultimate expression his paranoia is trying to express, a thinking man's escape from solipsism?

what have you been reading? how have you felt about it? what are some interesting snippets or analyses?

you have to admit they raised a good point when they said that marx was a jew, as we all know pointing this fact out invalidates anything an author ever wrote

guess i'm not surprised that some faggot complains and doesn't even take an opportunity to enjoy what he claims to want. that's why this board is full of politics. because the douchebags who pretend they want to talk about literature NEVER TALK ABOUT LITERATURE.

>thinking well thought effortposting can beat baits and shitposting
cmon now, you can't be this new/naive

the last two books I've read were Italo Calvino's If on a winter's night a traveler and The Castle of Crossed Destinies. They are now two of my favourite books especially because they gave me a new perspective on an author wich I knew only for his "easier" works (the Our ancestory trilogy), since they are in the school curriculum.

In If on a winter's night a traveler and the way Calvino managed to capture the common Reader experience. I was awestruck how he managed to fully flesh out characters and interest me in every single book. with only they're first chapter. I also liked the insight into Calvino's point of view on writing throught his alter ego Silas Flannery and on reading in his final chapter. The book is really a love letter about literature.

The Castle of Crossed Destinies is simply amazing how he manages to tell the greatest stories of the Western canon (Hamlet, Orlando furioso, St. George, etc.) with only 2 tarot decks. Even more impressive is how he wrote them since he simply put the cards in random order until he "saw" a story in them and wrote it down. I also liked how (especially in the first of the two part) all the stories are linked togheter and the same card (or even the same line of cards) has different meaning.

here's my opportunity

You know, tiping something thought-out require more time than the verbal diarrhea you just shitted out, especially for non native speakers.
Now, where's your contribution?

interesting, i once sat down to calvino's winter night, and shortly stood up again. i lost interest very quickly with the author's playful ideas, interesting, now, as i have more tolerance for them, i might look into it once more.
the fact that you mention tarot is also interesting, as i have recently come into the lore and readings in general, so i must say that it is a curious thing that you mentioned it, and i will likely look into it. there are occasional references to the tarot in GR, which surprise me, what with pynchon's tendency to be surreal but not all that mystical.

>How is this allowed?
Don't browse American hours Veeky Forums. It's all trash.

I know what you mean. I tried to start a thread to discuss the Man Booker 2017 shortlist. It descended into triple-brackets, graphics about jew, and /pol/-shit within six posts, and died at about twenty-five posts. No one on Veeky Forums wants to talk books.

jesus christ, what a worthless post. i apologize for this on behalf of my mind in a more stable position to offer decent conversation.

in terms of calvino, i know very little, but lost patience with him, but seeing that you had such a good experience pleases me, i do not feel that his rendition of the reader felt at all cohesive with my own experiences, and was frustrated with the story throughout so much so that i declined to see it to its end. i suppose his love letter falls on my deaf ears, as i am inclined to place the blame on myself in such circumstances. for lack of maturity, as it is a recurring theme in my life.

as for the second work being written exclusively via tarot, how would this be accomplished? how would it not seem kitschy? perhaps i don't understand, does he use the lore associated with the arcana itself to formulate a story based on connections he sees in literature? patterns? could you give an example of a favorable bit of prose for my greedy convenience?
I am very curious, but feel that i may have been too hasty in my response, and showed a poor hand for discussion and again i apologize.

> i lost interest very quickly with the author's playful ideas
The start was a bit slow for me too. Especially since every time I was "in" the story I got pulled out. Then after the first 50 pages I realized that the main story was about the Reader and the reading experience and started to really enjoy it (also he find a qt3.14 gf reader)

I guess it's just the way it is. I understand that if you want to talk about books you need to spend 10-15 hours actually reading books and then 5-10 min for each post. Or you can just start talking about "da joos". It's not even that I don't like politics (it's actually my favourite discussion topic with my friends) or confronting fringe and extreme ideas but they don't use anything other than infographic or '30 nazi propaganda.
At least it's funny how they bitch about immigrants not respecting local's culture and then behave like the very people that they so much despise.

i got to the point where they went to the library together before i felt somewhat manipulated by calvino, as though he was poking fun. i think i read a bit more, but ultimately moved on to something else.

honestly looking back on myself when i was reading calvino, i was still (and am still) trying to grow as a reader, i am a slow guy, typically, i have troubles i'm not often ready to admit, and a seething impatience which often leads me to make costly mistakes. in terms of reading, i never properly learned to do so, and i feel it is too late for some sort of mentor figure to teach me, i am just trying to not look at my wall of collected and unread books with the shame and fear that it is all a sham, and that at best i will plod through some dozen of them in my lifetime, unable to break through the disorder of my undisciplined mind.

i genuinely wish that things had been different for me, i have begun to accept my fate, and am attempting to at least learn to appreciate the books i actually do find myself reading.
i think a situation that has left me stymied again and again is the general person i meet being impressed in some way by me intellectually, especially in a teacher student setting. they assume i know and grasp more than i do, and if they do, it's on subjects that i have no care for. my bluffs are typically too good for the general person.
when i come here, it's better, as people tend to try to call others on their shit, whether maliciously or not, it happens, and it helps snap me out of some sort of ego trip.
anyway, i doubt i'll go back and read calvino, but it has given me food for thought in reading your feelings on his work.

(((you)))

That thread was offtopic. It had nothing to do with books in the first place.

>I browse Veeky Forums if I want to talk about fiction or non fiction books. Key word here is books.

Lit threads: how dating her would be like/ blocks your path/ Big IQ thread/ philosophy is dumb thread/ reddit is so fucking dumb imao/Jordan Peterson / goodread reviews to mock/

>how would this be accomplished?
He quite literally just put down cards on the table and wrote down the most interesting story he "reads" on them. He also didn't use the "official" tarot symbology but rather made it up himself.
eg. the king of cups and ace of cups become the alchemist looking for the secret to gold transmutation.
Or the king of spades and ten of spades are a legendary warrior in a battle.
But also the kings of cups, the fool and the page of wands are a powerful king and his jester wandering under The Moon in a
night landscape described throught cards of Cups Swords Wands Coin and metting an undertaker

mocking plebs has always been a part of Veeky Forums
that's why rupi threads can still be funny unless they get political

When you openly kvetch about not wanting to see information related to the jewish problem, you are only exposing your own ignorance. You can't expect others to be able to fix stupid, you van only educate yourself on the jewish problem and thus become a more informed individual.

Posts like these aren't even /pol/. I'm 90% sure that for the last few months there has been a butthurt leftist spamming Veeky Forums threads with low-effort muh joooos posts that consist of one or two lines while getting a bunch of bait.

There are plenty of people here who are redpilled and not pol. Are you jewish or do you have an excuse for not being able to understand the jewish question? Maybe you're just not smart enough.

Why are you spending your life like this?

Like what?

>>thinking well thought effortposting can beat baits and shitposting
It's our only choice at this point desu, aggresively starting as much decent, or at least relevant, threads as possible. Even if they get next to no replies a dead board full of decent threads is far less depressing than a board filled with shitposting.

I read the trilogy, and I enjoey the nonexistant Knight, but the other two, especially the one about the boy who lived in the tree lacked any substance.
Each chapter something different happens that has little relevance to the development of the story, and all the character's actions are devoid of credibility.
Your thoughts on the trilogy?

Like a fucking spastic