LMAO META PHYSICS

>LMAO META PHYSICS
Does anyone other that edgy teens actually take Nietzsche seriously?

> Early twentieth-century thinkers who read or were influenced by Nietzsche include: philosophers Martin Heidegger, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Ernst Jünger, Theodor Adorno, Georg Brandes, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers, Henri Bergson, Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus, Leo Strauss, Michel Foucault, Julius Evola, Emil Cioran, Miguel de Unamuno, Lev Shestov, Ayn Rand, José Ortega y Gasset Rudolf Steiner and Muhammad Iqbal; sociologists Ferdinand Tönnies and Max Weber; composers Richard Strauss, Alexander Scriabin, Gustav Mahler, and Frederick Delius; historians Oswald Spengler, Fernand Braudel[50] and Paul Veyne, theologians Paul Tillich and Thomas J.J. Altizer; the occultist Aleister Crowley; novelists Franz Kafka, Joseph Conrad, Thomas Mann, Hermann Hesse, André Malraux, Nikos Kazantzakis, André Gide, Knut Hamsun, August Strindberg, James Joyce, D. H. Lawrence and Vladimir Bartol; psychologists Sigmund Freud, Otto Gross, C. G. Jung, Alfred Adler, Abraham Maslow, Carl Rogers, Rollo May and Kazimierz Dąbrowski; poets John Davidson, Rainer Maria Rilke, Wallace Stevens and William Butler Yeats; painters Salvador Dalí, Wassily Kandinsky, Pablo Picasso, Mark Rothko; playwrights George Bernard Shaw, Antonin Artaud, August Strindberg, and Eugene O'Neill; and authors H. P. Lovecraft, Olaf Stapledon, Menno ter Braak, Richard Wright, Robert E. Howard, and Jack London. American writer H. L. Mencken avidly read and translated Nietzsche's works and has gained the sobriquet "the American Nietzsche". Mencken presented in his book on Nietzsche the "hard Nietzsche" little-known today; Nietzsche's actual, realistic philosophy of anti-egalitarian aristocratic revolution, Mencken's work standing in contrast positively to the "post-modernist" theoreticians of "linguistic schizo-analysis today", who try to turn Nietzsche into an all-American liberal without fangs. Nietzsche was declared an anarchist by Emma Goldman rather disputably, and he influenced other anarchists such as Guy Aldred, Rudolf Rocker, Max Cafard and John Moore.

Oh, and:

> According to philosopher René Girard,[51] Nietzsche's greatest political legacy lies in his 20th-century French interpreters, among them Georges Bataille, Pierre Klossowski, Michel Foucault, Gilles Deleuze (and Félix Guattari), and Jacques Derrida. This philosophical movement (originating with the work of Bataille) has been dubbed French Nietzscheanism.

Also, Peter Sloterdijk since we mentioned continentals.

3 Levels of Nietzsche
1: lolol nothing matter amiright, will to power!, but daaad I am the Übermensch
2: Nietzsche is only for angsty teens lmao
3: understand Nietzsche on a high level and see that he was an absolute genius, Nietzsche as the ultimate synthesis of the romantic principles,

looks like you have some growing up to do OP but its ok

>"understand Nietzsche on a high level and see that he was an absolute genius, Nietzsche as the ultimate synthesis of the romantic principles"
LOL BRAINLETS UNIRONICALLY BELIEVE THIS

>He doesn't realize that list is a psy-op to keep the brainlets away.

hes certainly the most misinterpreted thinker, but he really did give various goons the latitude to get whichever end of the stick was convenient

4: overcome nietzsche even whilst acknowledging his genius

looks like you have some growing up to do but its OK

Doesn't Nietzsche argue against the practice of metaphysics? Even contemporary analytics are less positivistic than he was

>Doesn't Nietzsche argue against the practice of metaphysics?

*unzips will to power*
*finds hegel waiting patiently at the end of the path*

Answer my question nerd

God I hate this place.

>metaphysics
You haven't even read him

>unironically types things in all caps

>UNIRONICALLY DOESN'T USE CAPS

How can Chomsy and analytic autists compete? Will they ever recover?

*chomsky

Lmao

>Georges Bataille
>Michel Foucault

Does overcoming nihilism mean I have to have a lot of buttsex and jack off over my dead mom?

Don't forget the eye-play.

Basically. The only way to "overcome" nihilism is to become a born again Christian.

Suck my dicks faggots im a fedoraist and i believe metaphysics to be nothing more than fucking shit psychology, atleast inasmuch as is applied to human psychology and social structures. There's literally no reason to believe existentialism to be anything else than psychology, maybe good psychology, don't get me wrong I enjoy the tradition, but it's not "beyond the physical" or empirical.

Hell even Nietzsche himself denied the metaphysical, all he cared about was what vital forces were most present in man and how to augment them and cultivate them. It's a purely psychological argument.

This desu, then you move onto the real stuff
>aquinas.jpg

5. overcome Nietszche altogether, acknowledging his lack of genius

The Bible and Aristotle prove Aquinas wrong. Ask me why

nice

>denies metaphysics
>posits entities and agents with the will to power that come into and out of existence
>not metaphysics

nietzsche confirmed for brainlet

no

Tbhon on reconsideration I do think he had somewhat of a metaphysical thing going on. Kinda similar to the schopenhauer thing were all creatures and even inorganic matter are fighting to take over each other. So in that sense maybe this attribution of power to all sentient and nonsentient things could be seen as a metaphysical property?