"I spend my free time reading, I love to read"

>"I spend my free time reading, I love to read"
>haven't read his books

wow I love political economy
t. semite

If you've never gave economics much thought, Basic Economics is world shattering.

this thread again?

If you've given economics a lot of thought, Basic Economics is reductive, deceptive, trite.

Knowledge and Decisions is a good read, along with A Conflict of Visions. Haven't read anything else yet. What would be the best next read?

If you claim to have given economics "a lot of thought", while simultaneously believing Basic Economies is reductive, deceptive and trite, you're probably some sort of Marxist.

Veeky Forums is too infested with Marxism

Sowell is great but these threads are not.

I welcome actual discussion on this man and his books.Many posts in these thread will be blatant trolling; please ignore them.

Did you know that when not writing Sowell is quite the photographer?

This thread is still present in the catalog even. For fuck's sake.

This is exactly what happened in the last thread - it started out really messily and only got worse from there.

I don't read black or female authors.

uhhhh....
racist and sexist much?

I like Sowell too OP, but this shit is getting old.

t. commie

I'm a Post-Keynesian so I'm not actually a Marxist or a Communist either. There's a lot of """hard economics""" out there if you go beyond the basic stuff where you realize that the equilibrium models you cherish are flawed and totally unable to capture the complexity of real life markets, and that something more dynamic with much crazier math is required. Even disregarding that, I thought there were some arguments that were poorly argued in Basic Economics, even compared to some of Sowell's other writings.

Equilibrium of counterbalancing economic forces is the essence of laissez-faire economics. Real life markets are very impure, their essence cannot be obtained.

Is Sowell a good start if I want to learn economics jargon well enough to understand proper articles?

why did you copy this pic?

He doesn't teach much jargon. Basic Economics, subtitled "A Citizen's Guide to the Economy", is that indeed. He explains concepts in english.

I suppose that sounds worth reading, then, but I'm genuinely interested in getting into the weeds, and don't know how to outside of getting a degree in it.

He is a hack, but libertarians have actually nothing to do and will just repeat what they believe until they have exhausted everyone around them.

No he is terrible. It's like trying to learn philosophy from Ayn Rand or De Botton.

He is a right wing hack who has no currency in mainstream economics.

It's definitely a good read if you want to get into the weeds.

Libertarians are smart enough to write books called "Basic Economics" and "Economics in one lesson", intended for the average person, where they can indoctrinate them with their ideology.