Every fucking time. Are you gentle with your books Veeky Forums?

Every fucking time. Are you gentle with your books Veeky Forums?

No. Scuffing up a book a little is a mark of experience, like your own personal signature.

Shitting your pants a little is a mark of experience, like your own personal signature.

It’s actually pretty cool how you can tell how far you are into a book just by looking at the scuffed pages

Brothers K?

As long as you're not actually damaging it, I see nothing wrong with that. If I can read it, it's good enough.

Close. Crime and Punishment. How the fuck did you know?

If it's paperback there's no fucking point my dude. It's made cheaply as fuck and designed to be expendable and written all over; I bend the shit out of almost every spine I have. If it's a hardcover, I still make notes but I'm very careful with the pages and binding.

Seems like we have some Anons here who mistreat books so people think they've read them often.

I thought that was the Penguin's version of Brother's K with the two brothers in the cafe. Looked about the right size.

>taking notes
T. Brainlet

seconding this

how do you even scuff your pages? do you have motor function problems to where you can't so much as turn a page without something getting crumpled?

I often think about resale value.. even still, when the last real used book store in my city recently closed qq wish I could open my own. If btc goes to a trillion, I'm on it.

Is it even possible not too? My issue is not turning pages but holding the book open. Even though I'm as gentle as possible and apply very little pressure, the page bends a bit regardless as it tries to fight back. This is bad with the first few pages but improves as I keep reading.

>not using a kindle

Ask your librarian how to clean books.

I know the resistance you're talking about and it still has never affected anything.

I care about reading books and the contents of them more than the appearance of the book. I mean its a shame when they get roughed up but then I don't feel as bad about doing things like throwing them in a backpack.

don't you have to pay for everything that you put on your kindle? sony ereader brah

Isn't pirating ebooks literally the easiest thing?

totally, and I just stick 'em on my sony ereader in pdf, np

but I've heard that with the actual amazon affiliated device, the kindle, there is DRM enforcing software that prevents this. confirm/deny?

Nope, I've got a kindle and I just load shit from the internet into calibre and download it to my device.

not sure. I know you can get any book fo free from the library tho

Imagine being so autistic you sperg about over something as trivial as mistreating a book worth $5

You just read, retard

Patrician af
Same here but i have kindle 4
Dunno about newest versions

With the kindle you can plonk any book on there you want, provided you can find it in one of the correct formats.

However, ebooks bought from Amazon itself are often restricted to the buyer's device to prevent sharing.

But this is easily overcome by simple management software. I use Calibre for managing my device, and that can strip the DRM off your books if want it. I've given an ebook to a friend this way before.

My calibre converts epubs to mobi but the formatting usually ends up fucky and every page has like 3 typos which weren't in the epub, any idea why?

This

I treat my books very gently, never bending the spine - and when I reread books, I'm grateful to past me.

Yeah. Dont be like that Bookshelf user with all the unread meme books. It's nice to have your books in good condition, but ultimately they're just replaceable wads of paper.

no u

Literal warmth/perspiration of the hand at the point where you hold the book open warps the fidelity of the paper. One of my favorite books to read was the Bible because the paper thinness doesn't make the pages stand up meaning they don't nees to be help down/apart/separated, I could just lay it flat in my lap.

damn you must have really sweaty hands

I'm on the verge of sweating 90% of the time, but that heat radiation is enough. Go lay your book in the bathroom for a few hot showers. Sometimes when I'm done reading I have to wipe actual condensation off of the covers from where I was holding it.

I'm so happy I live in the North.

Your books might benefit from you using a book stand.

How fat are you?

But then how will I develop these arms brah. Textcurls are the future of /fitlit/. Unless I hold the bookstand like a selfie stick.

Not with paperbacks. I use them how they are intended to be used. Being so precious about a paperback seems ridiculous to me.

It has nothing to do with body mass, or at least not always, but rather that people literally disperse heat differently (compare Africans with...anyone). In my case: I just don't disperse. My skin is ice cold while I'm boiling internally meaning cardiovascular faculties aren't properly responding to dissipate the heat, whereas my gf is as a radiator: she says she's cold and shivers like we're not sitting in a 22°C room meanwhile her skin is blisteringly hot.

I believe it may have something to do with vasoconstriction and vasodilation as it would account for the transport (or lack) of blood to the surface of the skin in order to effectively radiate heat out of the body: something that she does almost too effectively, something which my body does not at all. But I'm just an armchair physiologist so whatever.

>identifying books by page size and thickness alone
Jesus Christ I'm honestly impressed.

I know someone who does this to books, and I still don't really understand how.

I used to be OCD about it, but at some point I just stopped caring. Unless it's a rare or signed book, I treat it like garbage

one of the most patrician posts ive seen

Funny you mentioned Africa. Your entire post is a river there.

Most paperbacks aren't made to last. Simply accept it, indeed I think a worn book has a certain charm because it was actually read.

I am extremely careful with my books. Untill the day came that one of my chinchillas took a taste test nibble out of most of them. I wept for a week.

I don't know if I will have enough fur for a hat or maybe one sock.

>Falling for the paperback meme

Enjoy your book falling apart in a couple of years just because you open the book.

>Veeky Forums is populated by forensic detectives but with books

Lol yeah but smtms I get careless and throw books on my bed. It happens to the best of us. What book is that btw? Smtms my books get like that from flipping back n forth btw pgs. You shld see my txt books from World Government class. Shit looks like a dog wrote it.

The Zambezi?

Its easy when there is only about 4 authors to choose from that get talked about here

>I RECOGNISE THAT GAY BLOWJOB

Your addition of furry bullshit makes me more secure in my paperback decision

Nice thumb

I have a very, very bad habit.

I run the edges of my nails along the pages and the cover as I read. Sometimes I get papercuts. Mostly I don't. Every single book I've read cover-to-cover has soft, slightly torn page edges, and the covers are beginning to peel.

I don't even notice I'm doing it, so when I'm borrowing a book from a library or friend, I have to put band-aids on my fingers so I don't fuck the books up.