Do "novelistic" films exist?

Do "novelistic" films exist?

Do you mean "literary" films?

The term you're looking for is 'story-esque'

I think you meant to say "writerly"

there is one

Molly (((Ringwald))), the out-of-nowhere female icon of 1980s coming-of-age movies. I wonder (((who))) could have chosen her for such a role.

gee I fucking wonder if it was John Hughes

A brighter summer day is.

William de Burgh?

Try Rohmer; start with My Night at Maud's

>"novelistic" film
What does this mean?

Why are you jealous of a 16 year old girl?

This is a lovely film

You mean a booky moovy?

not him but; Aren't you jealous of 16 y/o girls, quadboy?

All of Edward Yang's films yeah; along with some Wong Kar Wai films.

Some of Bela Tarr's films were written by Laszlo krasznahorkai or based on his novels

Couldn't recommend Rohmer enough, watch The Green Ray as well. A few others that come to mind are F for Fake by Wells, Jonas Who Will Be 25 in the Year 2000 by Tanner, and Made in Hong Kong by Fruit Chan.

F For Fake, while a film "essay", is thoroughly about film, and utilizes the medium to its fullest. It's like calling a Malick, Godard, or Kiarostami film literary. At least with Yang or Rohmer, you get narratives that aren't necessarily contingent on the medium itself and can be easily imagined as novels, so to speak.

>tfw when no school girl to violent fuck

Yes of course. There's no end of independent movies from the 90s and early 2000s that are essentially about people living their lives. I would recommend some but it's really open-ended and there's already a lot of decent recs in this thread.

Whit Stillman is one dude I will mention though.

I had a girlfriend during high school who turned out to have a master/slave fetish, and then there was another chick I had a brief relationship with shortly after who had a legit rape fetish. As something of a beta at the time, I had gone into the concept a bit awkwardly and apprehensively, but it wasn't long before I was getting off to the fetish nearly as much as she was. It was pretty awesome, though I couldn't fuck her TOO hard. I think she might have had a bit of a shallow pussy; if I thrust with all my might she'd seize up and tell me to slow down, seemed to be in genuine pain, but I'm pretty thoroughly average sized so I figure it's just due to how small she had been.

Actually included the rape fetish concept in a book I wrote, though of course added things to help with story and dramatization.

Hot.

None of this actually happened.
It was a fun read, though.

Agreed. Surprising that I managed to get so much teen pussy back in the day; I was pretty overweight. Also, /k/ here, and my firearms/bayonets have gotten me laid before. Had a 17 year old when I was 21 too, which is legal in my country. My days of slaying teen pussy are probably over, but I find it interesting that if I got the chance to fuck a 16 year old tomorrow, I legally could, provided of course it's consensual.

Feminism likes to tell women that masculinity is toxic and that females should strive to be every bit as dominant as males. That might be what they SAY, but in my experience, those who actually make efforts to maintain some level of control/dominance are more miserable than those who accept the dominance of men. Women who accept their position beneath men are, in my experience, happier. This is also supported by the studies that find women in the 50s were more content and happy than women on average in the last 50 years of 2nd wave and 3rd wave feminism.

Maybe:

>Housekeeping
>The Man Without A Face
> A Room With A View
>Legend Of The Fall

Recommend more pls

Do filmistic novels exist?

i guess it's the inverse of a "filmic" book.

> postmodernists actually say this

>: molly-ringwald
what film is supposed?

do you think she looks good in that top? what colour is it?

the colour of reddit

>Stranger Than Paradise is a 1984 American absurdist/deadpan comedy film, written and directed by Jim Jarmusch and starring jazz musician John Lurie, former Sonic Youth drummer-turned-actor Richard Edson, and Hungarian-born actress Eszter Balint. The film features a minimalist plot in which the main character, Willie, has a cousin from Hungary named Eva. Eva stays with him for ten days before going to Cleveland. Willie and his friend Eddie eventually go to Cleveland to visit Eva. This film is shot entirely in single long takes with no standard coverage.

Considering what I said, I reckon you could start at Jarmusch and then make your way from there. If you want to go back even earlier then John Cassavetes is like the mac daddy of American independent cinema.

Yeah, figured that calling an essay film literary was pushing it. Whatever the OP is trying to communicate with the term doesn't come across clearly. I feel it has to be something more than films that would translate well to writing, but maybe it's not worth putting to much thought into, with film and literature being, obviously, such different media. The question could be instead how a visual medium can be structured around the influence of novels. Film affected the way novels were written, like with Joyce and Döblin, but I wonder how well it works the other way around.

And I know its wrong, but I like to think of Godard as literary. I am a philistine though.

>If you read what everyone else reads you end up thinking like everyone else thinks

Movie > Beatle song > Novel

Midori > Naoko