Earlier this year in March I was prescribed Valium to combat some anxiety issues I'd been having...

Earlier this year in March I was prescribed Valium to combat some anxiety issues I'd been having. At first I'd take it when needed; 1 tablet 2-3 nights a week.
Flash forward to now and I've been taking 3 tablets a night, buying 2mg Xanax of dealers and I'm now slowly tapering off after realising that this is a problem I do not want to have. I already have an addiction to painkillers of which I'm on a suboxone program and the last thing I want is to add another abused substance to my CV.
Needless to say, my short term memory and cognitive functionality has been crippled. Besides the last few months I've been a prolific reader and I love to write and used to do it freelance.
I've spoken to a few medical professionals and I plan on tapering off so that I'll be off it by mid next week but would you guys recommend reading continually to help bolster my cognitive faculties?

Will it help?

Also what books would you recommend to ease myself back into it. I used to love reading non-fiction, political memoirs but I love a good Le Carre novel. Something comfy to ease myself back into the literary bathtub.

TL;DR: Will reading help improve my memory?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers in advance dudes.

>would you guys recommend reading continually to help bolster my cognitive faculties

No fucking idea, we are not doctors. However I would recommend reading to keep you distracted from your anxiety issues and because it can only bring benefits. A guy on here recommended Sometimes A Great Notion by Ken Kesey, and so far, it's a wonderful read.

Here is a lib gen link:

>

Good luck with getting better

Sorry to hear that man, substance use isnt a super fun time. Hope you havent been doing enough to develop dependence, cause benzo withdrawal is truly a bitch, was in that situation myself about a year ago.
I'd rec some japanese lit, cause its comfy. Murakami's books are a pretty nice read if you havent read for a while, nothing too challenging. I'd highly recommend Dazai, esp No Longer Human.
I'd also highly recommend reading poetry and short stories. Theyre easier to digest and you can get through them in one sitting, so theyre enjoyable even if short term memory is an issue. Also, write. It doesnt have to be good, or even well thought out.

Consult with a professional. Benzo addiction can get bad. REAL BAD.

Please see a professional about this, my brother had an addiction to benzos and it's NOT something you try and tackle by yourself.

Are benzos worth recreationally? I've been thinking about seeing a doctor and getting a script for some recently but I don't want to waste my time.

I really like these sort of isometric perspective rooms with cute anime girls being comfy type of images.

They're the most boring drug class i've ever tried, but some People love them, i never took high doses though.

Spanks for weighing in bud, I guess I'll hit up erowid and see if it's for me.

Nah, not in itself. It's fine for a while if you're a depressed fuck, but then the addiction kicks in and you're worse off than you were before.

If you're mentally and emotionally sound it's useless. Just get some potent weed if you want to chill. Speaking of which, xanax and weed is fucking amazing in a controlled environment.

They don't do shit but help you pass the time by numbing you. No high or anything, just void in my experience. Even worse if you get addicted, that emptiness kinda stays with you even when you're off of it.

I was

Yes absolutely it's a godsend for general anxiety, presentations, dates
It's boring because it's supposed to maintain your other faculties if you use it right. It's supposed to be an effective pharm not a "fun" drug

quints

>Just get some potent weed if you want to chill.
Spoken like someone without anxiety. Weed greatly exacerbates anxiety. I hate diagnosing such general feelings as disorders but being able to smoke weed and relax is a good sign you don't deal with it and hence won't get anything from xanax

I took adderall daily for many years and after I quit my brain seemed to work at glacial speeds and I could barely make a coherent point. Reading did help me somewhat, but it's been about a year and my brain still feels a bit more sluggish than it used to. I started with "page turners" like Stephen King, Larry McMurty and Elmore Leonard.

Lol.

Benzos are for fucking retards.

Also, good job with the opiate addiction. Real smart. I bet you tell people you're clean because you're on suboxone too.

Get help, man. Find a higher power. Stop impotently raging against authority.

True enlightenment is being drug free.

You're right, I've never had a panic attack or severe anxiety. I got my xanax from my ex who took them almost daily for her anxiety.

You do feel more relaxed even if you don't have you lack the symptoms. It's not enough to justify risking addiction, but it's there.

Is living in an RV ever as comfy as that in reality?
The only RV/caravan interiors I've seen look like a squashed 1980s council flat made of plywood and lined with the cheapest veneers and floral fabrics available at an old people's home.
I can't imagine a good experience resulting from a stay in one, only caking everything in mud returning from a ramble, blocked toilets, missing toilet paper, stench of sweat, running out of battery, broken fridge, cold showers, shit coffee, etc.
Why is it allowed to depict cute anime girls partaking in an experience so far removed from the real life situation its trying to portray that it induces those feels like the cartoon girl staring through the noose jpeg? I don't even watch anime.

that looks like a train to me

here's an rv though

don't waste your time