ITT: Must read for an illitirare NEET

start with The Hobbit

Start here:
Catcher in the Rye
Wild Sheep Chase
Notes from the Underground
Whatever (Houellebecq)

i've read the Bobbit when i was a teenager

also i can point out i like psycologically and War history. Most the edgy psycologgical books

And the book disappear into thin air? Read it again, you dofus.

i've read it 2 times in the past 1.5 year. Don't feel like picking it up agian. Fantasy never got me

read any of hte following

they changed my life

Derrida
Michael Foucalt
Marx Stirner
Adam Smith to understand economics' role in government (Capitalism)
Shakespear
Machiavelli to learn how evil humans can be
Alberto Eco
"The Communist Manifesto" and understand the U.S. Articles of Confederation, even if you disagree with their philosophies.
Dante (fucking Dante)
Homer (not Simpson)
RIchard Dawkins (for dispelling all the god fairytales and other b**shit)
Neil deGrasse Tyson to understand our place in the universe

Also, don't hesitate to teach yourself. Read good news like the Economist or the Guardian. Watch Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, etc.

i like your style

>Marx Stirner

Watching only Colbert and/or Trevor Noah places you firmly inside a bubble, though.

chare in senpai

>alberto
*lends you a penny*

>Whatever (Houellebecq)
I'd go and say Elementary Particles as well, haven't read Whatever so disregard my opinions if you please.

Forgot to mention:
Hunger - Knut Hamsun
Either/Or - Kierkegaard
Diary of a Superfluous Man - Ivan Turgenev
Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison
Phaedrus - Plato

This is the current state of lit
really makes you think

Lmao

Why would you read something twice in such a short window if it didn't do much for you?

>they changed my life

I dont have friends

holy shit

At least you get to talk to anonymous strangers on the internet. Might not seem like much, but if you'd been a neet in a small village 50 years ago you would have been cut off from the world in ways that you can't even imagine.

Is that supposed to make me feel better?
This assertion is retarded: it could be worse so theres no reason to feel bad.

It's a start. If you lived in total isolation you would likely spend your whole life in a feedback-loop, unable to move on from yourself. Having people to talk to, even through text messages, makes that much less likely imo.

One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich
Roadside Picnic
Starship Troopers
The Call Of The Wild, White Fang And Other Stories
No Country For Old Men
Neuromancer

Read those and report back once completes.

No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai
Norwegian Wood by Murakami

Oblomov

Start with the Greeks

What are some must read books for adult autists to get a better understanding of emotions and social interactions ?

I fucking need this.

now that's what I call shitposting

If you are asking for a recommendation on Veeky Forums, of all places, the recommendation is going to be shit.

It's a different journey for everyone.
I started out by reading a lot of nihilistic, intentionally fragmentary books, for example BEEs work and some of Murakamis more surrealistic stories, as well as cosmic horror 'terror of the unknown and the true nature of the world'-type fiction, because those described my own life at the time fairly accurately, until I finally got to the point where I was fed up with the outlook on modern life and the human condition present in them and myself. If I hadn't read those books I don't think I would have been able to appreciate (read: understand emotionally) the romantic tragedies I got into after that. Basically, if you follow the path laid out before you by your own interests without getting attached to it, you will eventually leave it behind and become capable of understanding concepts that were completely alien to you before. Good luck!

Almost made me think.

>Derrida
who
>Michael Foucalt
who
>Marx Stirner
le meme philosopher
who is alan smith
>Shakespear
le meme playright
>Machiavelli to learn how evil humans can be
le meme conspiracy theorist
>Alberto Eco
le meme dad author
>"The Communist Manifesto" and understand the U.S. Articles of Confederation, even if you disagree with their philosophies.
le edgey meme
>Dante (fucking Dante)
le meme garlic guzzler
>Homer (not Simpson)
le meme assfucker (yes greeks fucked mans asss
>RIchard Dawkins (for dispelling all the god fairytales and other b**shit)
le meme atheist
>Neil deGrasse Tyson
le meme black science man
>Also, don't hesitate to teach yourself. Read good news like the Economist or the Guardian. Watch Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, etc.
le meme leftypol

You're a fucking meme

& are both horrible memes

Erich Fromm

Seconding Houellebecq's Whatever and Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground.

Also,

Melville - Bartleby the Scrivener
Sartre - Nausea