Are there any compelling lit love stories from the male perspective? The only one I've read is Lolita (not memeing)...

Are there any compelling lit love stories from the male perspective? The only one I've read is Lolita (not memeing). Preferably post 1900 for more relatability

>lolita
>love story

You sound like you're psycho

>Preferably post 1900 for more relatability
????

Not OP, but if you read it, you'd understand its a love story - it's merely tragic in its denouement.

The Beautiful and Damned
Tender is the Night
those two by Fitzgerald do a good job of summing up love

I'm reading it now and Humbert is a predator

Why does seeing girl this cute male me want to die a violent death?

WHo is this girl again?

are there any books that can accurately explain the female psyche and it's lies?

Well according to popular wisdom, it's Farewell to Arms, and while I love the book, I never felt anything for the love aspect. Of course these are probably the same critics who called Lolita a love story.

Take it back

Wait so what's considered small!?There's a word for it, ennui? It's tragic feeling because they'll never love you even if they somehow notice you

The Possibility of an Island-Michel Houellebecq

there is no way she has a dick

>Michel Houellebecq
The last Hollebeque book I read was an r9k tragedy that ended without any solutions and ruined my day

The Sun Also Rises is compelling

Which one?

Whatever

why do you mentally ill faggots feel the need to do this
>post a girl
>call it a boy
it's like you're bitter about being a degenerate and are trying to lead some pernicious campaign to trick other people into it

is it to normalize your unnaturalness or are you just lashing out?

That one is his first and isn't even that good. Submission and Possibility of an Island are way better

best part of Whatever
>Sure. It’s been hopeless for a long time, from the very beginning. You will never represent, Raphael, a young girl’s erotic dream. You have to resign yourself to the inevitable; such things are not for you. It’s already too late, in any case. The sexual failure you’ve known since your adolescence, Raphael, the frustration that has followed you since the age of thirteen, will leave their indelible mark. Even supposing that you might have women in the future - which in all frankness I doubt - this will not be enough; nothing will ever be enough. You will always be an orphan to those adolescent loves you never knew. In you the wound is already deep; it will get deeper and deeper. An atrocious, unremitting bitterness will end up gripping your heart. For you there will be neither redemption nor deliverance. That’s how it is.

There's an even better passage about something similar that I underlined but left at my house. All in all made me feel like shit for "missing" adolescent love and I ended up reading Lolita right after which connected the themes and created some, ehm inappropiate longings that still haven't completely gone away. Maybe Stoner will complete the cycle

whatever sucked

What the fuck, did reading that just ruin my life with the realization it's been ruined already?

Anybody wrekt by this passage needs to learn to not give a fuck. Get fit and get lucky, or just get a prostitute and be done with it. Embrace being a dirty old man.

>he thinks he isn't defined by all the things he lacks
moron
have fun going through life an aged child ignorant to their true feelings and their causes

Everybody lacks something. Young love sounds great and all, but being an old pervert is pretty cool, too.

I have had sex with plenty of women but have permanent baggage from not kissing a woman until the age of 21 and realising I will never be an ideal man to a woman, I am just the 20th or whatever in a list of men she wanted more but reluctantly settled for me (and deep down she resents me for not being as good as the men who rejected her)

Literally a spelling error

>source: some internet poll
wew

Now all I gotta do is wait. Wonder how many replys i will get that call me a faggot etc?

GOOD book & is about a guy which have to choose from two females that are into him.

I've never read murakami but hear a lot of bad things about him. The story looks good but is it worth 300pgs when I have about 10 classic masterpieces on my shelf I haven't read?

This is my point of view, and i think people on here are to focused on what´s "lit" or not. I personally love Murakami and think he´s a master of his own. This might not be his best book, but without no doubt about the theme you asked. There might be 100 other books that are way better than this one but its all about personal view. The writer is one of Japan's biggest writer after all.

Read it and decide for yourself. I did, and i liked it. Worst thing, its horseshit and you wasted, like 10h?

t. dicklet

>Someone put the time into making this inforgraphic based on some random statistically insignificant internet poll

>www.misterpoll.com

Okay I laughed.

>The writer is one of Japan's biggest writer after all.

He's way more popular in English translation than he is in Japan.

Japanese people only read light novels and manga.

Huh, never heard of Fitzgerald outside of Gatsby so I'm a little skeptical
How could you possibly translate Kanji accurately ?

Different user, but The Beautiful and Damned is perfect. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

>Tender is the Night
Such a great book.

>81% prefers an average looking man with large penis over hot looking man with a small penis

>tfw ugly and dicklet

Idk how accurate the chart is. Most girls worth loving aren't so vain. A lot are much more asexual and emotionally attracted than men. They are much more loving creatures then men, who will fuck some bimbo out of pure sensual lust. Women thankfully like charming guys. Still sucks how much dick sized is shamed in culture though.

Shame about the manface, looks better in the OP.

They are much more loving creatures then men, who will fuck some bimbo out of pure sensual lust.

Made me laugh, user.

wow what a stunner

If the largest penis is from a former lover, doesn't that mean penis size doesn't matter?

Anyway, you guys are way too hung up on penis size. Get over it and don't let it dictate your life. The funny thing is, it's more of a hangup to guys than women. Sure a big cock would be great to have, but why let it prevent you from trying to get with women?

You won't know how big I get until we're married anyways, so the grill's just going to have to go off of other things until then.

Clannad

>If the largest penis is from a former lover, doesn't that mean penis size doesn't matter?
No. There could be a different reason she's with a smaller guy, such as leeching off of him monetarily.

50 shades of grey

He's very popular in Japan, people line up outside of bookstores at midnight waiting for his new release.

>wanted them more than you
>is with you
why are you so retarded?

Lolita is an obsession story. No reasonable definition of ''love'' would fit it. This is a pretty good self-contained thesis of the book's tone:

>Leaving Briceland. Loquacious Lo was silent. Cold spiders of panic crawled down my back. This was an orphan. This was a lone child, an absolute waif, with whom a heavy-limbed, foul-smelling adult had had strenuous intercourse three times that very morning. Whether or not the realization of a lifelong dream had surpassed all expectation, it had, in a sense, overshot its mark and plunged into a nightmare. I had been careless, stupid, and ignoble. And let me be quite frank: somewhere at the bottom of that dark turmoil I felt the writhing of desire again, so monstrous was my appetite for that miserable nymphet. Mingled with the pangs of guilt was the agonizing through that her mood might prevent me from making love to her again as soon as I found a nice country road where to park in peace. In other words, poor Humbert Humbert was dreadfully unhappy, and while steadily and inanely driving toward Lepingville, he kept racking his brains for some quip, under the bright wing of which he might dare turn to his seatmate. It was she, however, who broke the silence:

>“Oh, a squashed squirrel, ” she said. “What a shame.”

Any books that deal with infatuation/unrequited love for a celebrity or someone equally unattainable?

Pls no weird serial killer stuff.