THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD IS:

THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD IS:
- COLERIDGE
- COLERIDGE'S GERMAN IDEALIST INFLUENCE
- COLERIDGE'S INFLUENCE ON EMERSON
- GOETHEANISM

I EXPECT THIS THREAD TO GET 200+ REPLIES, AT LEAST 70+ OF WHICH ARE INFORMATIVE AND INTERESTING, FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE STUDIED COLERIDGE OR COLERIDGE ACCESSORIES

MAKE ME PROUD Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems/43992/this-lime-tree-bower-my-prison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am taking a grad school class on English Romanticism and we're just about to start on Coleridge. Reading The Rime of the Ancient Mariner right now, it's wild shit.

fart haha

>it's wildly shit
Ftfy

Non informative nor interesting post here, just doing my job of filling the quota

m boipucci trap furries
are traps gay?

femboi gratata brap

I'll fucking kill you. I'll hunt you down, user, and I'll murder your clown ass.

did someone
did someone say
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Rime of the Ancient Mariner vs. La Belle Dame sans Merci

The Virgin Ditty vs The Chad B A L L A D

Opium

More boring than Wordsworth

He "got" Hegel

this

you can't force real discussion on Veeky Forums

you have to make a shitpost and let some contrarian genius turn it into a dialogue worthy of Plato

I'm inclined to agree so far though I'm just getting introduced to the two for my English Lit class. However Coleridge's life story is far more interesting to me (his addiction to lodinum in a time when the problem wasn't recognized).

I read "Dejection: An Ode" when I woke up this morning and he sucked me right into his melancholic world.

As far as I can tell he uses caesura and a conversational tone (as does Wordsworrth) to keep his poetry from getting faggy. Also excessive punctuation to keep readers excited and prevent them from killing themselves.

I read "Frost at Midnight" the other day and liked it. It's only a page if any shitposters here wish to read up and contribute meaningfully.

Thanks for making this thread

SO...
*steals from Schelling*
IZ YOUS TELLING ME ...
*forgets the rest of Kubla Kahn*
YOUS TELLIN ME...
*fights with Wordsworth*
DAT WE WUZ...
*becomes conservative*
WE WUZ ROMANTICS 'N SHIT?
*takes a hit of opium*
SHEEEEEEEEEIT
*dies*

good thread
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fCHlIcUIg
easy, swinburne

>wanting to talk about the sublime
LET IT OVERCOME YOU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGnoFf2cZQ

/You almost have to be reading him to discuss him adequately which for me was two summers ago, and I really went to town. Though the poetry's wonderful there really isn't much of it so to abide with Coleridge is to study the Biographia and the essays particularly in the Friend. His theory of poetic imagination should be front and center here when discussing matters of literary philosophy and psychology as it relates to the theory of literature as opposed to the Kant and Hegel, the Jung and Freud, one gets from the visitors here whose concerns are more political and social.

This post is better than possibly any serious reply ever could be

Dore's illustrations are better than the actual poem d e s u

cool find, user

Reminder that Wordsworth only reached the apex of his poetry (the final form of The Prelude) when he became more traditional and orthodox.

well it is a huge coleridge thread

is this in his "Paul Masson" era?

Except that it is demeaning, cynical and says essentially nothing except that neither he nor (you) have bothered to read Coleridge. Bravo, user.

Coleridge had by far the most penetrating mind of his day. I think he ought to be placed above Johnson, Bacon, and the other great English minds. And of course far above someone like nietzsche

Veeky Forums doesn't into poetry

Thank you man who wrote the poem that inspired Iron Maiden's bathroom song.

bump

His conversation poems are peak poetry.
poetryfoundation.org/poems/43992/this-lime-tree-bower-my-prison